Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Soundtrack Reviews >> The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - 22/3/2012 3:18:29 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Review on TGWTDT Soundtrack - 22/3/2012 3:18:30 AM   
YouWillBeUnprepared

This has to be the most -repeat, the most- beautiful, charasmatic, and flamboyant soundtrack in all the land. Trent Reznor's score for this film has totally outdone itself. It's beautiful and weird, and yet totally threatening and sometimes calming. It almost could be used for nearly any film, (it's entirely genre-less) but the highlight of this score, would undoubtly be Karen O's cover of Immigrant. It's sexy, and had been beautifully crafted over so many different levels. The first, and most common, would be the dub-step that doesn't over do itself, which is brilliant. What makes a great cover song, is when the singer does not try to sing it like the original, but gives it their own. There is a sense of originality in this song and in the score, because it stands out from the social network or whatever else it would naturally be compared to. I never get sick of listening to this, beautfully eerie and mysterious soundtrack on the way to school, or even at home. It's almost infinite. And with 30 different tracks, there is not one that can be catergorized favourite above all others. Finally, this score stands out because it is not orcestra, it's just keyboard, but it definately takes itself seriously. I feel like this soundtrack understands me; I've realized why so many of these tracks sound familiar, is because I've actually whistled or hummed tracks like these spontaneously. This soundtrack has meaning, almost like a living being.. Three stars, shame on you.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
A Truly Great Soundtrack. - 5/6/2012 6:05:57 PM   
Rich Empire

I personally think that this surpasses the soundtrack for The Social Network, which is also a very fine body of work.
TGWTDT Soundtrack contains beautifully stark sound design flowing into crisp emotional and mysterious soundscapes.
A great experience, and for me a modern classic.
Plus it includes a fantastic cover of "The Immigrant Song" featuring The Yeah Yeah Yeah's Karen O.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Soundtrack Reviews >> The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI