Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: grow up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: grow up Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: grow up - 21/3/2012 3:07:33 PM   
shool

Ok folks please stick to the topic at hand rather than criticising strangers intelligence. Ta.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to 7eke)
Post #: 31
RE: Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Outcry - 21/3/2012 3:09:12 PM   
7eke

LOL thank you discodez, i just think its a completely ridiculous that its whipping people up into such a frenzy. if he was making Samurai Pizza Cats, now thats a different story :P

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. - Ron Burgundy

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 32
RE: grow up - 21/3/2012 3:28:20 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: 7eke

Intelligance? i think you mean intelligence, oh the irony.

Ive got a problem with people claiming their childhood memories are being destroyed, if a cartoon about ninja turtles is such a cherished childhood memory that it needs to be preserved then you need to sit down and have a chat with someone.

Off topic.

I apologize for my spelling and my dyslexia. Even more so that you can bathe in the irony of it.

Have a cookie.

Back on topic.

I can understand why it’s whipping people up a bit as it shows a complete disregard for the source material which a lot of people love. The comics of TMNT were a lot darker and grittier than the turtles that you at the age of ten remember I suspect.

Bay seems to have a habit of habitually missing the point with his movies and while people seemingly turn up in their droves to watch them, they are appalling films on the whole.

I love an entertaining action film just as much as the next guy/gal; but a patronizing ‘calm down’ from a man who has managed to make two truly appalling Transformers films, which the majority of people have probably gone to see for nostalgic reasons – is gonna piss people off.

If he had come out and said, “hey the script is great, the characterization is spot on and we are taking it back to its roots; but there are gonna be one or two tweeks” then I don’t think many people would grumble (at nothing other than Bay being an appalling director).

Just my views…but then I’m not intelligent so what do I know?!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to 7eke)
Post #: 33
RE: grow up - 21/3/2012 3:54:47 PM   
Spaldron

Lol another Michael Bay topic, will it never end?

Oh and this

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

Michael Bay has learned how to handle cinema goers.

Look at Transformers.

Bay: "Don't worry, I loved Transformers as a kid, I want to make a movie that's true to the cartoons I loved, but with some amazing action and story!"

Fans: "Maybe he'll do a good job, let's go and see it."

Fans complain the movie is terrible but it makes a fuckton of profit.

Bay: "Yeah I made a few mistakes there but the second one will be better, there's more of our favourite characters and less humans, this one will be awesome!"

Fans: "It has to be better than the first one, and it has Devastator in this!"

Fans complain it's even worse than the first, but the film goes on to make even more money.

Bay: "I totally fucked up with the second one, I can't believe it, it was so shit. Don't worry the third one will be so much better!"

Fans: "Yeah well it better be!"

Worst yet, takes in the most amount of profit of almost any film ever before.

Bay: "Haha fuck you all!"

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 34
RE: grow up - 21/3/2012 3:56:20 PM   
7eke

Listen, i agree that Bay has made some awful films but i agree with him on the fact that people need to calm down. even if this interpretation of the material is crap it doesn't make the original material dissappear or become anything less or more than it was.

i'm also aware of the source material and how it was diluted to make a kiddie friendly cartoon.

Do any remakes or re-imagings however bad or good diminish the originals??? NO. in fact they bring the story to a new audience who may or may not seek out the original.

The cries of the fanboys are getting a little tiresome in a time when all material from in living memory is being mined to make films. vote with your feet and dont go to see it.

Btw if you're dyslexic i apologise if my comment offended you, although nothing in your post points to you being dyslexic i was just pointing out the irony of your spelling mistake. judging by your post i think you're cured

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. - Ron Burgundy

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 35
- 21/3/2012 4:06:29 PM   
SteveBray95

I will chill when they stop this man from making films.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 36
RE: grow up - 21/3/2012 4:36:00 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: 7eke

Listen, i agree that Bay has made some awful films but i agree with him on the fact that people need to calm down. even if this interpretation of the material is crap it doesn't make the original material dissappear or become anything less or more than it was.

i'm also aware of the source material and how it was diluted to make a kiddie friendly cartoon.

Do any remakes or re-imagings however bad or good diminish the originals??? NO. in fact they bring the story to a new audience who may or may not seek out the original.

The cries of the fanboys are getting a little tiresome in a time when all material from in living memory is being mined to make films. vote with your feet and dont go to see it.

Btw if you're dyslexic i apologise if my comment offended you, although nothing in your post points to you being dyslexic i was just pointing out the irony of your spelling mistake. judging by your post i think you're cured

You know I can't argue with any of your points... hate it when that happens!! haha

and fyi; I spell checked the last post

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to 7eke)
Post #: 37
what next for Bay, The Crazy Frog: 3D? - 21/3/2012 6:48:04 PM   
BatSpider

As long as people pay to watch his crap, we'll just be "Sittin' on the cock of the Bay", as the song nearly says. If more people went to see The Island instead of letting it flop Bay would be making better movies.

Post #: 38
RE: Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Outcry - 21/3/2012 9:16:07 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Just disgusted with the disrespect shown to the turtles and their origins. Aliens? It's just a travesty. Eastman and Laird must be sharpening their sais as we speak.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 39
RE: Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Outcry - 22/3/2012 2:37:04 PM   
Sotto Voce

Just to clarify, if Bay is not actually directing it, it might not be all doom and gloom.
And if, as someone pointed out, the ooze came from aliens in the original comics, maybe that's what Bay was referring to, as opposed to the turtles being aliens.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 40
...... - 22/3/2012 8:19:24 PM   
Shilton1

Bad Boys 2.

Post #: 41
...... - 22/3/2012 8:19:32 PM   
Shilton1

Bad Boys 2.

Post #: 42
...... - 22/3/2012 8:21:33 PM   
Shilton1

Bad Boys 2.

Post #: 43
RE: grow up - 22/3/2012 11:23:04 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Lol another Michael Bay topic, will it never end?

Oh and this

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

Michael Bay has learned how to handle cinema goers.

Look at Transformers.

Bay: "Don't worry, I loved Transformers as a kid, I want to make a movie that's true to the cartoons I loved, but with some amazing action and story!"

Fans: "Maybe he'll do a good job, let's go and see it."

Fans complain the movie is terrible but it makes a fuckton of profit.

Bay: "Yeah I made a few mistakes there but the second one will be better, there's more of our favourite characters and less humans, this one will be awesome!"

Fans: "It has to be better than the first one, and it has Devastator in this!"

Fans complain it's even worse than the first, but the film goes on to make even more money.

Bay: "I totally fucked up with the second one, I can't believe it, it was so shit. Don't worry the third one will be so much better!"

Fans: "Yeah well it better be!"

Worst yet, takes in the most amount of profit of almost any film ever before.

Bay: "Haha fuck you all!"

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 44
Countdown to destruction! - 24/3/2012 6:19:14 PM   
Puckerlips

I sit he reading whats been said, thinking, oh dear, once again they are instead of making orginal ideas deciding to attack ideas from that past. 80% to 90% already big hits with no need for reboots, revamp or become reiterated. This is what it has all come down to. The Idea of making TMNT again but changing them to TANT ( Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles) brings a large man tear to me eye. Some things are just best left alone. Next it will be OLD YELLOW. A dog that comes from outer space to befriends a boy then gets rabies and it put down. With some CGI and explosion M BAY will have another film that destroys a classic.

Post #: 45
Countdown to destruction! - 24/3/2012 6:20:41 PM   
Puckerlips

I sit he reading whats been said, thinking, oh dear, once again they are instead of making orginal ideas deciding to attack ideas from that past. 80% to 90% already big hits with no need for reboots, revamp or become reiterated. This is what it has all come down to. The Idea of making TMNT again but changing them to TANT ( Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles) brings a large man tear to me eye. Some things are just best left alone. Next it will be OLD YELLOW. A dog that comes from outer space to befriends a boy then gets rabies and it put down. With some CGI and explosion M BAY will have another film that destroys a classic.

Post #: 46
OLD YELLOW remake next? - 24/3/2012 6:21:37 PM   
Puckerlips

Post #: 47
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are going to be aliens... - 27/3/2012 12:01:31 AM   
Phinn

But what about Splinter? As they're not mutants, where will Splinter come from? Will he be some sort of rat/alien? Will they lose the Japanese connection? Are they still ninjas without it? Will they also lose their Japanese weaponry? Would an alien rat name them after renaissance artists from earth? Will alien turtles even like pizza? I'm thinking way too much about this...

Post #: 48
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are going to be aliens... - 28/3/2012 10:42:15 PM   
Lucky Day

Fuck you Turtles.

Battletoads the movie (probably 3D). Peter Jackson to knock it up after the Hobbit.

That would wipe the smile off Bay's coupon.

(in reply to Phinn)
Post #: 49
RE: Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Outcry - 28/3/2012 11:26:00 PM   
directorscut

If the turtles being aliens is the worst thing about a Michael Bay TMNT movie then I think we can consider ourselves lucky.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 50
RE: Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Outcry - 29/3/2012 12:21:11 AM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

TNMT was fucking rubbish anyway (both the films and the cartoon) so Bay coming along and smearing his shit all over it isn't going to hurt it that much anyway.

Way out of line, mate.. the TMNT are by far some of the finest super heroes/fictional characters ever created. I mean really, when you think of the cultural impact of the original turtle comics, its incredible. No doubt more people around the globe can name all the turtles than could name the core members of the Justice League, the AVENGERS, ETC. The pop culture significance of TMNT is staggering- up there with Superman, Batman, ETC.

Anyway, Bay is all wrong for this. With all due respect to his fans, what the TMNT series really needs is an auteur like Christopher Nolan or Del Torro to achieve the full potential of the concept. You need someone dedicated to achieving the turtle effects practically, with people in suits. The suit effects from the original films stand up remarkably well today, and I'm excited by the possibilities of what more can be achieved with the proper application of a subtle blending of CGI and suit.

I think you need someone who can present the rather 'out there' concept with a straight face. Someone who can effortlessly switch between horror (these are tragic, mutated turtles we're talking about, innocent creatures corrupted beyond all recognition by our toxic waste), the grime (the live in the sewer) and the action/heroism (even though they have been mutated due to our carelessness, they still fight to defend us, or at least, they fight to defeat the foot, a force of villainous ninjitsu)

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 51
RE: Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Outcry - 29/3/2012 12:51:57 AM   
Spaldron

A proper Turtles film should be similar in tone and look to the early comics. A dark, gritty, R-rated noire shot in B&W (ala Sin City) with extreme martial arts action similar to The Raid. And the Turtles should be rendered digitally using the latest in motion performance technology, personally overseen by Andy Serkis and directed by Nicholas Winding Refn on a budget of no more than $100m to guarantee the rating.

Yeah, fuck you Bay!

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 29/3/2012 12:52:15 AM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 52
RE: Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Outcry - 11/1/2014 2:25:33 AM   
owlfall

I am no fan of his Alien twist, but sure hope this movie pulls off so we can see more TMNT in the near future. Grew up watching it and would like to see it kept alive :) Atleast there will be some eye candy with Megan Fox playing April according to here.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 53
RE: Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Outcry - 14/1/2014 12:10:00 AM   
Ghidorah

I maybe mistaken but I thought the script got leaked and panned. It will come as no surprise Bay's Turtles follow the same structure as his Transformers films. The script reviewer mention the turtles didn't play a huge role in the script , instead focus on Cassy Jones and his love interest April.

(in reply to owlfall)
Post #: 54
RE: Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Outcry - 22/1/2014 10:30:26 PM   
owlfall

This costume just came out and it's supposed to be hinting the new look of the turtles in the upcoming movie. What do you guys think? Looks pretty bad to me!

http://www.teenagemutantninjaturtles.com/blog/costume-reveals-the-first-looks-of-the-movie-turtles/

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: grow up Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI