Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The BIG HEAD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The BIG HEAD Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The BIG HEAD - 23/3/2012 9:34:38 AM   
jem0013

Is it just me or does the BIG HEAD have a little resemblance to Guy Pearce?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Page 29 - 23/3/2012 6:57:39 PM   
Our Sully

“What is that?” asks a voice that, given its Scottish lilt, we presume belong to Ford

Ridley hasn't got Harrison in doing his dodgy Lord Clarence McDonald accent from Last Crusade has he?
"this is an alien pyramid isn't it? there are tapestries?"
"This is an alien pyramid and we have many tapestries, and if you are a Scottish lord then I am Mickey Mouse!"

.... oh you meant, Kate Dickie's character Ford.

Post #: 32
The Big Head - 23/3/2012 10:07:41 PM   
drico

they must have based it on Mads Mikkelson. Why are the space jockeys just waiting on a shitty planet instead of getting out there and fucking shit up all across the universe??? there's your movie right there.

Post #: 33
p. nr. 60 - 25/3/2012 6:21:14 PM   
tad82

IIRC space jockey in the original "alien" was dead and chest(stomach?)-bursted, so xeno with some features similar to the host must have had spawned out of him, but nostromo crew didn't encounter it. so maybe crew of prometheus had encountered it? :)
if so this is not original space jockey in picture nr 60, but a grown xeno that popped out of jockey, then we can say that there are xenos in the "prometheus", just not in traditional(?)humanlike form...

< Message edited by tad82 -- 25/3/2012 6:25:18 PM >

Post #: 34
Doesn't look like the Space Jockey from Alien. - 25/3/2012 9:29:38 PM   
darthshellers

The creature on board the derelict in Alien was much bigger than the one seen in image 60. Also, what we have in Prometheus appears to be wearing a helmet; the space jockey's head in Alien looks like skeletal bone. There are also some subtle - but significant - design differences in the chair as well.

Post #: 35
Correction: - 25/3/2012 9:31:49 PM   
darthshellers

I was referring to image 56, not 60...

Post #: 36
- 26/3/2012 8:33:38 PM   
sweetladybrick

I read part of a script from a proposed sequel to Aliens that featured tiny xenomorphs (and farmers in space, and an alien virus that turned entire spaceships into xeno-type entities). It was terrible, but there are echoes of that tiny alien idea here. There was also that more famous script where Hicks is the hero and the aliens reproduce via respirable spores following some tinkering, resulting in hosts mutating rather than being walking incubators- which, again, appears to be present here (mutated crew member?). What I've seen of Prometheus so far suggests that it's something far grander than either of those scripts would have been. This has connections to Alien, but it's about a lot of bigger ideas than gnashing teeth and acid blood (although I do hope they show up). All the mis-steps and could've beens in this series have lead to this reinvention... Still, would've liked to have seen Vincent Ward's Alien 3 with the monks on the wooden planet.

Post #: 37
Filmed picy of Skye - 26/3/2012 9:33:54 PM   
boristhespie

http://www.empireonline.com/images/uploaded/newprometheus8.jpg

That's the Old Man of Storr. Skye not Iceland.

Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The BIG HEAD Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI