- 19/3/2012 9:25:27 PM   
robboroom

@Workshed
Almost as bad as "Miami Vice, from the director of Heat and Collateral"

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
re WOW spoilers - 19/3/2012 9:47:44 PM   
mclane1

i'm sorry- i diddnt think spoilers applied to films no one has seen yet? and people were guessing the plot on other posts, thought i was helping by throwing another option in and as i said it was from a website anyone can see. anyhoo point taken, sorry if any offence caused.

Post #: 63
How did you miss this?! - 19/3/2012 10:49:40 PM   
Barry

Check out 1.50 in the UK trailer...

They're doing a medical procedure on the spacejockey helmet/decapitated head.

Post #: 64
- 20/3/2012 2:03:39 AM   
evildave69

Why are people so obsessed with second guessing everything? I don't get it. Surely if you're right, you've just ruined the film for yourself. It can't exactly be that satisfying, especially as everyone hates the person who says they knew what was going to happen all along. Just wait and see. Oh, and it looks awesome. The soundtrack, with the screams, is unbelievably terrifying. I really can't wait.

Post #: 65
All is forgiven Mr Scott! - 21/3/2012 3:13:35 AM   
mrmattfield

Well Mr Scott, you have done it again! This is an exquisite, exquisite trailer for what looks to be a brilliant return to something (reasonably) familiar. I was thinking though, it is just me or does Noomi Rapace sound very Welsh? At first i thought she was Eve Myles from Torchwood. But never mind. Am very much looking forward to this!

Post #: 66
trailer vs trailer - 21/3/2012 5:11:47 PM   
mclane1

having whatched both a couple of times now i prefer the international one, give more away, follows better. however to me its a dead giveaway its going to be a 12 cert by the tunefull strings over the sirens in the trailer as opposed to the other trailer thats just sirens- makes it more friendly and i dare say slightly avatar ish?!?

Post #: 67
Very Interesting... - 21/3/2012 7:10:02 PM   
chris kilby

From the ancient hieroglyphs to that breast-shaped structure, there are A LOT of HR Giger's unused protype designs from the original Alien in there. A lot of unused concepts too - in earlier drafts of the Alien script, it was an alien temple the Nostromo/Leviathan/Snark crew discovered the Alien eggs in NOT a derelict spacecraft...

Post #: 68
looks brilliant but... - 22/3/2012 1:13:22 PM   
leroythemasochist

i was never a real fan of the alien movies either.
just a thought here... if these aliens have all been to earth before and taught people what to do and how to survive (that's the basis of it isn't it?) then isn't that just a bit similar to quite a few other movies about aliens? and ufo theories going back for years?
whatever, i don't care, think it looks awesome and i just hope its proper terrifying and they don't have to make it into some wimpy piece of 12A shit

Post #: 69
- 23/3/2012 5:08:44 PM   
loretta27

Visually it looks absolutely stunning. Overall, very intriguing! :D

Post #: 70
RE: re WOW spoilers - 26/3/2012 9:33:41 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1

i'm sorry- i diddnt think spoilers applied to films no one has seen yet? and people were guessing the plot on other posts, thought i was helping by throwing another option in and as i said it was from a website anyone can see. anyhoo point taken, sorry if any offence caused.

You have no idea what status that holds as either spoiler, leaks or pure speculation though - so it should have been spoilered. You could have added a link and said this link has a suggested storyline that may or may not be speculation? But it doesn't matter if it's on another site - that's only relevant if posters chose to go to it

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 71
Director of... - 29/3/2012 10:40:43 AM   
jkconnell

Does seem strange that Ridley Scott is not referred to as Director of Alien. If there is a big connection to that film it is fairly well hidden in the trailors. Looks stunning visually, has a great cast. Like many have said - really hope it hasn't been toned down to accomodate a 12a certificate. Don't care what anyone says - too many films are ruined by conforming to lower certificates.

Post #: 72
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI