Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 7/11/2012 2:32:34 PM   
squeezyrider

I've just read through this entire thread and if possible I'd love to get involved in this. Is it too late?

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 241
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 11/11/2012 9:55:22 PM   
MonsterCat

Nah, it's not too late. I'll start this round when I'm goddamned good and ready.

Just want to see if more people want to participate.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to squeezyrider)
Post #: 242
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 12/11/2012 8:21:41 AM   
squeezyrider

Oh dear God, we've created a Monster... Cat.

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 243
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 13/11/2012 10:01:47 PM   
Qwerty Norris

So, are we moving any closer to getting the next one off the ground? I'm in the mood for making a bloated compilation again.

Are you still wanting a review of your mix Brooksy? Apologies for the lack of one - been sidetracked by uni.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to squeezyrider)
Post #: 244
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 14/11/2012 12:19:30 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

It's alright Qwerty, I've been pretty busy too. I've got about half of the review written up, it will be in sooner or later

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 245
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 14/11/2012 4:23:46 AM   
Qwerty Norris

No worries, that's half more than me!

Got a bit more free time later this week so I'll try & bash one up around then.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 246
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 9/12/2012 1:25:51 PM   
Qwerty Norris

I was thinking Brooksy...

Should we promise to conjure up our reviews of our respected mixes as a kind of Christmas present to one another?

My free-time will be significantly increased after the 21st December so I can bash out one in time for Christmas day if you like?

Also, any manoeuvrings on the next mix club yet?

< Message edited by Qwerty Norris -- 9/12/2012 1:26:46 PM >

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 247
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 10/12/2012 2:32:30 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

I was thinking Brooksy...

Should we promise to conjure up our reviews of our respected mixes as a kind of Christmas present to one another?

That sounds like an idea My review will definitely be up by the end of the year, I promise!

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

Post #: 248
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 15/12/2012 11:08:07 PM   
Lucky Day

Yo folks, in particular Qwerty. How goes?

A million apologies for lack of anything over the last wee while, self imposed web embargo following some personal strife.

It would appear working 80 hour weeks in an effort to dig yourself out of an endless cycle of debt whilst also trying to raise a young family, all the while maintianing the facade of the happy go lucky, life and soul of the party, perfect husband and all round good guy, when really inside you are nothing but a scared little boy, terrified of letting your guard down, even to your wife, for even a second really does (eventually) take it's toll on your mental health.

Who knew ?

Still, That coiled spring would appear to have sprung and all is looking better, still, sorry about binning the mix-club Qwerty, somewhat out of order I know, I genuinly feel bad about it.

Just wanted to say so.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 249
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 16/12/2012 12:03:39 AM   
MonsterCat

Mate, as it's always the case with things like this, real life takes priority over this place.

Look, I had to drop out of the current HOF because family issues intervened and I didn't have time to watch all the films. Didn't like it, but it had to be done.

Stay strong, LD.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 250
RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! - 16/12/2012 12:13:31 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

Yo folks, in particular Qwerty. How goes?

A million apologies for lack of anything over the last wee while, self imposed web embargo following some personal strife.

It would appear working 80 hour weeks in an effort to dig yourself out of an endless cycle of debt whilst also trying to raise a young family, all the while maintianing the facade of the happy go lucky, life and soul of the party, perfect husband and all round good guy, when really inside you are nothing but a scared little boy, terrified of letting your guard down, even to your wife, for even a second really does (eventually) take it's toll on your mental health.

Who knew ?

Still, That coiled spring would appear to have sprung and all is looking better, still, sorry about binning the mix-club Qwerty, somewhat out of order I know, I genuinly feel bad about it.

Just wanted to say so.

Well, well, well...look who came crawling back?

It's okay man. I will admit I was quite annoyed at the time. Not so much because I didn't get a mix in return or a review of what I did, more because it was the 3rd time in a row.

But hey, sounds like you've had it pretty rough of late & it's good of you to come back. Hope everything's all right?

Incidentially, did you ever receive my mix through the post? Any thoughts?

If not, you can upload it here.Courtesy of mediafire,

clicky.

It has been renamed as Brooksy's though.

I'd love a review, but I'll understand if things are too tough right now.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 251
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Empire mix-club thread - now recruiting for round two! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI