Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Braveheart TV Spin-Off Planned

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Braveheart TV Spin-Off Planned Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Braveheart TV Spin-Off Planned - 13/3/2012 9:07:13 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 13/3/2012 9:07:13 PM   
DanTDavies

Dear. God. No.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
For the sake - 13/3/2012 10:32:02 PM   
nybras

of what's....ok with TV as there is never anything good on. This should not be! It must simply cease to be.

Post #: 3
RE: For the sake - 14/3/2012 12:05:37 AM   
Whistler

"We plan to delve deep into his character and explore his passions, bringing parts of history to life in a spectacular and raw depiction of how the English were complete assholes and the Scottish were all perfectly pleasant and innocent chaps." Sorry, I'm not having a go at Scotland (I'm British and live in Scotland), but that's basically what Braveheart is. Forgetting how historically inaccurate it is, I've never like Braveheart because it depicts everyone who's Scottish as courageous, brave and hard-done by, while the English are basically nazis. Now I'm sure some of the Scots were all of that, but I'm sure some of the English were too. Everyone was as bad to each other back then, not just between England and Scotland but in all the wars. Rant over.

(in reply to nybras)
Post #: 4
Best we can hope for is... - 14/3/2012 8:28:35 AM   
papalupara

that this falls into the so bad it`s good,uber-camp, Spartacus type catagory. Inappropriate dialogue,serious mis-casting and generous helping of sex and violence, might just make this a bit of a guilty pleasure/giggle - providing you`ve had a wee dram or 7 !

Post #: 5
RE: Best we can hope for is... - 14/3/2012 9:25:40 AM   
Kayotik

So once again they're just gonna make shit up and foreigners and the gullible are going to believe this all actually happened in our history.

(in reply to papalupara)
Post #: 6
oh well... - 14/3/2012 9:36:55 AM   
bigmeuprudeboy1

at least it'll keep plenty of English actors in work playing laughably one dimensional 'boo hiss' villains.
And I bet Alex Salmond and co are salivating at the thought of yet more chauvinist , historically inaccurate horseshit to help drive their agenda

Post #: 7
oh well... - 14/3/2012 9:37:10 AM   
bigmeuprudeboy1

at least it'll keep plenty of English actors in work playing laughably one dimensional 'boo hiss' villains.
And I bet Alex Salmond and co are salivating at the thought of yet more chauvinist , historically inaccurate crap to help drive their agenda

Post #: 8
RE: Braveheart TV Spin-Off Planned - 14/3/2012 9:37:46 AM   
bigmeuprudeboy1

And I bet Alex Salmond and co are salivating at the thought of yet more chauvinist , historically inaccurate crap to help drive their agenda

Post #: 9
RE: Braveheart TV Spin-Off Planned - 14/3/2012 9:39:09 AM   
bigmeuprudeboy1

Post #: 10
RE: Braveheart TV Spin-Off Planned - 14/3/2012 9:50:34 AM   
NCC1701A

It's not April fool's Day is it ?

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to bigmeuprudeboy1)
Post #: 11
Say's Whit? - 14/3/2012 12:49:39 PM   
ODForrest

Oh for all that is good, please don't, it'll be pish by the way, just think of all those really authentic Scottish Accents. Well at least it won't be yet another Robin Hood or King Arthur doodah.

Post #: 12
RE: Say's Whit? - 14/3/2012 3:01:36 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Wallace was hung, drawn and quartered. So I don't see why they can't sell this to various countries.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to ODForrest)
Post #: 13
RE: Say's Whit? - 14/3/2012 3:20:36 PM   
Rgirvan44

In my experience very few people in Scotland actully like the movie.

I would be interested in seeing an accurate protrayal of the Wars of Independence. A complex war, with just about everyone cast in shades of grey.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 14
- 14/3/2012 3:24:13 PM   
ClarkKent777

@Whistler,
Not all the Scots were portrayed as courageous, brave and plesant chaps. This is a conveniently simplistic view of point.

Some of the council noblemen betrayed Wallace, Robert the Bruce betrayed him and the Bruce's father had allegiances with the English.

@Everyone else who has ever complained that Braveheart is not in-line with history:
SO WHAT if it's historically innacurate? The story is what matters, not cleaving solidly to history. If that's what you want, try the History Channel.

Post #: 15
RE: - 14/3/2012 3:34:15 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Ironic given your name is Clark Kent whose job is investigating/discovering the truth. It depends how they market the thing. It can be like the Tudors in that they take a few liberties with actual recorded history. As our noted historian above will tell you. Providing it isn't passed off as 100% accurate and factually based, then fine.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ClarkKent777
the Bruce's father had allegiances with the English.

Not so much an allegiance to Edward I as valuable estates in England perhaps?

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 14/3/2012 3:35:28 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to ClarkKent777)
Post #: 16
And Will It Include The Historical Inaccuracy? - 14/3/2012 6:01:43 PM   
Bighousewill

English are the baddies lets kick the English butt. Some people and I mean a lot of Americans think that its basically a documentary of how it all happened.

Post #: 17
"FREEDOM!...You gotta give for what you take." - 14/3/2012 8:54:58 PM   
BenTramer

The English are in total denial about their history. Sorry, guys, you were brutal rulers in every country you were in. Don't forget the concentration camp was invented by the British during the Boer War. The Irish were heroes in Braveheart, so that's all that matters to Americans, right? Fellow rebels against the empire. Ha ha ha.

Post #: 18
RE: oh well... - 15/3/2012 9:42:12 AM   
Bogchuff

You imagine that the Scottish desire for self determination is because of a hollywood movie that involves lots of stabbing?
I'm afraid that's not the case, and while I'm fully aware that this is not in any way a political forum, you have to understand that the Scottish desire for self determination is based on much , MUCH, more than this. Neither is it driven, as some Unionists would have us believe, by a hatred of the English. To suggest such a thing would be to suggest that anti racism movements are fuelled by a hatred of Wite people, or that women only want equality because they hate men.
Taking ones bahviour from a movie may explain the fact that you are behaving like a talking donkey, because you once saw one in Shrek

Post #: 19
RE: oh well... - 15/3/2012 9:43:44 AM   
Bogchuff

"Alex Salmond and co are salivating at the thought of yet more chauvinist , historically inaccurate horseshit to help drive their agenda"?
Petty, nonsense, and offensive to people who believe in self determination for Scotland.
Taking ones beliefs from a movie would explain why you are behaving like a talking donkey though, because you once saw one in Shrek

Post #: 20
RE: oh well... - 15/3/2012 3:53:21 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bogchuff

"Alex Salmond and co are salivating at the thought of yet more chauvinist , historically inaccurate horseshit to help drive their agenda"

Petty, nonsense, and offensive to people who believe in self determination for Scotland.

Not really, its being funded by STV productions which is basically the propaganda arm of the SNP. Who's willing to bet that if this actually airs it will be around, say 2014?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Bogchuff)
Post #: 21
RE: oh well... - 15/3/2012 4:04:00 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

"Alex Salmond and co are salivating at the thought of yet more chauvinist , historically inaccurate horseshit to help drive their agenda"?
Taking ones beliefs from a movie would explain why you are behaving like a talking donkey though, because you once saw one in Shrek

Every donkey needs a Scottish troll, having seen Shrek, you should know that.

(in reply to Bogchuff)
Post #: 22
RE: Best we can hope for is... - 15/3/2012 4:10:15 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: papalupara

that this falls into the so bad it`s good,uber-camp, Spartacus type catagory. Inappropriate dialogue,serious mis-casting and generous helping of sex and violence, might just make this a bit of a guilty pleasure/giggle - providing you`ve had a wee dram or 7 !

Don't you dare compare Spartacus, both movie or tv series, with Braveheart.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to papalupara)
Post #: 23
RE: oh well... - 15/3/2012 4:19:06 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

quote:

Every donkey needs a Scottish troll, having seen Shrek, you should know that.

Haha, nice one.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 24
RE: oh well... - 16/3/2012 4:28:29 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Whenever I now think of Braveheart british stand-up comic Stewart Lee instantly comes to mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQCNb4AuW4
4:15

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 25
RE: For the sake - 20/3/2012 10:34:33 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

"We plan to delve deep into his character and explore his passions, bringing parts of history to life in a spectacular and raw depiction of how the English were complete assholes and the Scottish were all perfectly pleasant and innocent chaps." Sorry, I'm not having a go at Scotland (I'm British and live in Scotland), but that's basically what Braveheart is. Forgetting how historically inaccurate it is, I've never like Braveheart because it depicts everyone who's Scottish as courageous, brave and hard-done by, while the English are basically nazis. Now I'm sure some of the Scots were all of that, but I'm sure some of the English were too. Everyone was as bad to each other back then, not just between England and Scotland but in all the wars. Rant over.

Totally agree.

And I fucking hate the film.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Braveheart TV Spin-Off Planned Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI