Matt Damon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Matt Damon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matt Damon - 12/3/2012 4:13:11 AM   
William P Batts

I watched The Departed again a few weeks ago for the first time since it was on at the cinemas and I was super impressed. It's certainly a film that stands up to a repeat viewing. The standout for me was Matt Damon who was perfectly cast as the crooked cop. So I've been thinking about his roles lately and just how underrated he is as an actor. His best work seems to be when he plays a character who's is not what he appears to be, especially when he's a criminal masquerading as a respectable citizen in roles like The Departed, The Talented Mr Ripley and The Informant. It also worked the other way as well when he played the knock around guy from South Boston who turned out to be a genius in Good Will Hunting. So yeah, although Damon might be seen as a bit of mainstream actor because of his roles in blockbusters I also think he's a hell of a talented actor who can play complex characters. The fact that he looks so straight while acting so twisted is what makes his multi-dimensional characters work so well.

< Message edited by William P Batts -- 12/3/2012 4:15:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Matt Damon - 12/3/2012 4:17:21 PM   
buffster28

really enjoyed the bourne films. and think hes great in the talented mr ripley - much better than the disappointing sequel.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to William P Batts)
Post #: 2
RE: Matt Damon - 21/5/2012 6:44:13 PM   
Firstlook

Anthony Hopkins praised Damon's performance in The Talented Mr. Ripley as one of the finest he has ever seen. I have to agree with him.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 3
RE: Matt Damon - 21/5/2012 10:58:46 PM   
Saltire

My mum gets the creeps every time she see's him - I can understand that, I get the same way when I see Jim-bloody-Broadbent in everything under the sun. Damon is a class act however and I enjoy the majority of films he chooses to do in which, mostly he is very good in them.

(in reply to Firstlook)
Post #: 4
RE: Matt Damon - 22/5/2012 5:53:19 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTzyU5MFgM
couldn't help myself.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 5
RE: Matt Damon - 22/5/2012 10:10:24 PM   
Firstlook

quote:

ORIGINAL: Firstlook

Anthony Hopkins praised Damon's performance in The Talented Mr. Ripley as one of the finest he has ever seen. I have to agree with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOA-cCOEmlc

(in reply to Firstlook)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Matt Damon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI