Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cleanskin - 11/3/2012 10:15:21 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Worst film of the year. Avoid. - 11/3/2012 10:15:21 PM   
mocfilms

i absolutely HATED this horrible film. Save yourself the bother of walking out by not walking in. Aside from the smoking fetish that the director clearly has, all of the characters are annoying to the point that you want them all to die to end this preaching, racist, human centipede 2 of a film.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Intense and superb! - 8/5/2012 3:52:04 PM   
ChowDown

This film is amazingly intense and vicious and smart. The two plot lines are of the suicide bomber and his past where an how he was radicalised at university and the current day plot line is that of the secret service agent hunting him brilliantly played by Sean badass Bean. So it cuts back and forth between the two characters. So it's not entirely wham bam action but thats why I liked it.

It shows why these loony terrorists turn and you see the gradual transformation of a young British born Asian. The plot line of Sean's character hunting the terrorist is very very vicious and violent so ioved it. Sean is a vicious killing machine and this is driven by a personal vendetta which is revealed later so
I won't spoil it

My only criticism has nothing to do with the film but with the marketing, it's pushed like its a Sean bean action vehicle when really its a film about two characters with long scenes of dialogue, distributors should take note as there should be a hint of the fact that there's more to this film than just decapitations and head splats, of which there are quite a few and which I enjoyed big time.

Enjoy !

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
RE: Intense and superb! - 26/7/2012 4:08:04 PM   
princessa

I enjoyed this movie. Its part action movie, part thriller.

I enjoyed the action sequences even if they were brutal, but the flashbacks went on for too long and bored me.

HOWEVER - i felt it worked better as an action movie. They really should have stuck to that.

It was marketed wrongly there is not much action in this and the main star is not Sean Bean. There is not as much action as hyped instead its really about a young man's journey into terriorism.

The film was far too long at nearly two hours. It would have worked better with some more editing.

Still a pretty good film; one i would recommend.

(in reply to ChowDown)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Cleanskin Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI