Who Am I?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Who Am I? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who Am I? - 9/3/2012 11:54:10 PM   
Whistler

One of my favourite Chan movies, and probably the one I've seen the most. I watched it SO many times as a kid, first on a recorded-from-TV VHS, then on a store-bought version, and now on the DVD I just purchased! I think the final fight (pictured above) is one of Chan's best fight scenes ever, and this scene is, well, just one of the most awesomely mental stunts he's ever done.

Show some love
Post #: 1
RE: Who Am I? - 10/3/2012 12:36:00 AM   
rich

I'm a huge fan of the guy but have not ever seen anything good from him after the mid 90s so I never watched this one. Police Story, Project A and Drunken Master remain my faves.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 2
RE: Who Am I? - 10/3/2012 7:46:07 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

I'm a huge fan of the guy but have not ever seen anything good from him after the mid 90s so I never watched this one. Police Story, Project A and Drunken Master remain my faves.

Those are three great choices rich. WHO AM I? was... ok. I used to LOVE watching Chan's films. But man, he made some frakkin' duds in the 90's - Twin Dragons, Thunderbolt, Mr. Nice Guy - Poor. Snake-Eyes' personal Chan faves; POLICE STORY, PROJECT A and THE ARMOUR OF GOD. You wanna see JC at his best? There ya go.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 3
RE: Who Am I? - 10/3/2012 11:25:40 AM   
Whistler

I will admit Who Am I? isn't technically a great film, but I love it on a sentimental level. Same can be said for films like Mr. Nice Guy, Rumble In The Bronx & First Strike. If I had to critically pick his best film it'd be something like Police Story or Shinjuku Incident. 1911 looks pretty good too.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 4
RE: Who Am I? - 10/3/2012 11:47:57 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

I will admit Who Am I? isn't technically a great film, but I love it on a sentimental level. Same can be said for films like Mr. Nice Guy, Rumble In The Bronx & First Strike. If I had to critically pick his best film it'd be something like Police Story or Shinjuku Incident. 1911 looks pretty good too.

RUMBLE IN THE BRONX is loadsa fun. I remember it was one of FIVE films I watched during National Cinema Day back in 1997 (Remember? All films at All Cinemas for just 1. Shame it's not happening anymore). Watched RUMBLE with a mate at a late-night showing in Leicester Square - I think it was an all-male audience and we were all going nuts! Hollering & Cheering at the insane fights and stunts. I recall the end credits wherein Jackie covers his twisted/broken ankle bandage with a 'disguised' stocking-thing to continue shooting the jump onto the hovercraft.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 5
RE: Who Am I? - 10/3/2012 12:17:49 PM   
Whistler

That sounds awesome. I never had the pleasure of seeing any of them in the cinema

quote:

I recall the end credits wherein Jackie covers his twisted/broken ankle bandage with a 'disguised' stocking-thing to continue shooting the jump onto the hovercraft.

The end credit sequences are probably the best part of his movies - shows how mental he actually is!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 6
RE: Who Am I? - 12/3/2012 2:47:30 PM   
st3veebee

That does sound amazing. This along with Rumble and First Strike were my first Chan films I ever saw when my friend and I watched all back to back one night. In my eyes all Chan is good.

Best is probably Police Story or Armour of God though.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Who Am I? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI