Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Radiohead: UK Dates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Radiohead: UK Dates Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 9/3/2012 9:44:36 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Better not be credit card only. I've been trying since bang on 9am and nothing Going to give up in a bit

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 31
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 9/3/2012 9:48:25 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

71.50 (65.00 Ticket + 6.50 Fees)
============================
Very OTT prices.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 32
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 9/3/2012 9:53:22 AM   
Indio

After forty minutes of faffing about, including one time when I got a semi decent ticket, then got all the way to the confirm stage and the site went down , I managed to get a ticket for block 112 which is either going to be close to the front of the stage or sat behind a speaker Also managed to pay with a debit card, I think charging another 2.50 for a paperless ticket on top of the afore mentioned fees is taking the piss, especially when it tells you to bring a print out of your receipt with you when you go.

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 33
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 9/3/2012 11:14:59 AM   
rikkie

Block 112? Snap. Actually I was in the same block for Roger Waters last year and was really happy with the seats, so I'm fine with them.

Oh no, not the bees! Not the bees! Ahhhhhh! All over my eyes! Eyes! Blaaaarghhh!

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 34
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 9/3/2012 8:34:54 PM   
pedros

Majorly stressed out trying to get tickets, doing lots of refresh and managed to get some tickets but then it didn't like my payment method so kicked me out completely. Finally managed to get 2 tickets via O2 priority which I think are standing. Have never stood at an indoor arena gig, so am chuffed. Fucking expensive though. But it's Radiohead who are one of my favourite bands.

That's the good thing about Bjork - love her just as much as Radiohead and she has never got so big that she needs to do arena tours, so every time I see her it's in an intimate setting. First time I saw Radiohead was at Reading 94 (in a triple bill sandwiched between Pulp and the Manics Holy Bible era!), then saw them again just after The Bends at Manchester University when I was right at the front and Thom Yorke smiled at me Didn't see them again till a few years ago with the In Rainbows tour in Manchester. Really really looking forward to this gig.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to rikkie)
Post #: 35
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 12/3/2012 5:16:04 PM   
Larry of Arabia

http://pitchfork.com/news/45714-westboro-baptist-church-protests-radiohead-show/

They really do pick some of the strangest things to get het up about. Nutters.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 36
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 12/3/2012 5:26:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

http://pitchfork.com/news/45714-westboro-baptist-church-protests-radiohead-show/

They really do pick some of the strangest things to get het up about. Nutters.

Woo go freak monkeys!!

Foo Fighters last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e5hRLbCaCs&feature=player_embedded

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 37
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/10/2012 11:26:02 AM   
Indio

So - did anyone go to the Manchester show last night? If so, how did the psperless entry work out, I'm going to the O2 Tuesday night and have visions of queueing for ever behind people who haven't brought any proof of who they are or that they've even bought a ticket despite having been emailed half a dozen times to tell them what they need to bring. How was the show?

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 38
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/10/2012 1:40:10 PM   
rikkie

I'm going tomorrow, so I'll let you know. Really excited about it, especially based upon some of the set lists they've been playing.

If you're a Sky customer you can get into the O2 using their backstage pass bar. I went there when I saw Roger Waters last year and it worked exceptionally well as you bypass the queuing completely. Plus the bar's pretty good too. You can do it online at the Sky site.

Oh no, not the bees! Not the bees! Ahhhhhh! All over my eyes! Eyes! Blaaaarghhh!

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 39
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/10/2012 3:03:08 PM   
vad3r

Why do they NEVER play Let Down any more live? It's my favourite Radiohead song and they refuse to play it.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to rikkie)
Post #: 40
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 4/2/2013 9:10:00 PM   
Indio

Probably a bit late to give my opinion on the O2 show back in October, but Thom is on the verge of announcing a few shows, tickets will probably disappear about 30 seconds before they're due to go on sale and end up online for about 300 each but heres hoping for somewhere better than a dodgy club in the East End: http://www.nme.com/news/atoms-for-peace/68529

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 41
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/2/2013 8:30:51 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

Reading this thread, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a nightmare trying to get tickets for their UK gigs last Autumn. I found Ticketmaster to be a complete joke, telling me the gig was sold out at 9.00am the second the tickets went on sale. I spent two solid hours trying again and again to no avail.

I am obsessed with Radiohead to a quite appalling degree and ended up panic buying two tickets for their Manchester gig - a decent seated one through Viagogo at an amount too embarrassing to print, and then one through Ticketmaster when I eventually got through that was the literal shittest seat in the entire stadium.

Because it was a ticketless system, to get in to my decent seat I had to meet the tout and he had to physically accompany me into the gig. I can't begin to describe the anxiety I suffered that he might not turn up and I wouldn't get in, especially as I had travelled down from Scotland. Hence the reserve.

In the end, the tout turned up (after really making me suffer; he was clearly on some kind of power trip) and I got my prized good seat. It was the fifth time I'd seen them and the first I'd been seated, and I must say it was a lot better than I'd anticipated. The view was great and the gig was phenomenal (including a surprise rendition of Planet Telex which blew my mind).

I must say that, save for the hours Radiohead were on stage, I found it a really traumatic experience! I have never encountered such difficulty getting tickets, and so much related stress. I understand the point of a ticketless system - to stop touts reselling at exorbitant prices- but in the end I was still forced to buy from a tout, and had the added stress of having to meet a complete stranger and be accompanied into the gig by him!

I love Radiohead like they were my own child, but I sometimes wish they made things a bit easier for us!

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Radiohead: UK Dates Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI