Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Radiohead: UK Dates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> Radiohead: UK Dates Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 11:43:08 AM   
Olaf

May be of interest to some here - tickets are going on presale tomorrow (March 7) and general release Friday (March 9) for three dates in October: Manchester MEN (Oct 6), and two nights in the London O2 (Oct 8/9). I'll be in London by October so I'm going to try to get tickets - should be fun/mentally scarring tomorrow morning.

EDIT can't seem to find details about price though. Anyone?

< Message edited by Olaf -- 6/3/2012 11:50:08 AM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE
Post #: 1
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 12:03:19 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Cant find prices either.
Better not be to expensive.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 2
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 12:17:03 PM   
Hobbitonlass

52.75 - 71.50 (from ticketmaster)

I paid 47 for Victoria Park and they were worth every penny so will probably pay 50 odd quid for this.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 3
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 12:45:26 PM   
Olaf

Yeah, that's not as bad as I was expecting considering the usual price of shows like this.

The videos from the US shows look great by the way (they played The Amazing Sounds of Orgy for like the first time ever last night), so I'm hoping for more of the same. The Bends appears to have disappeared from their setlists though, which is understandable given the new material but still disappointing.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 4
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 1:02:22 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I paid 47 for Victoria Park and they were worth every penny so will probably pay 50 odd quid for this.

That isnt bad
I heard they might be in the region of 70 to 80,which would have been alittle tight with me at this monment in time finacially.

Post #: 5
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 2:04:17 PM   
paul_ie86

No Irish date

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 6
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 5:38:47 PM   
Spider

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

That isnt bad
I heard they might be in the region of 70 to 80,which would have been alittle tight with me at this monment in time finacially.

Not bad?! 70 for Radiohead is scandolous. I'm sure there'll be enough people to pay it, but they have more money than sense. 70 to stand in a massive arena to see anyone is vastly overprices, when you factor in the inflation on Radiohead's previous tours I can't believe anyone would actually pay that.

(and yes, I am a massive hypocrite since I just paid nearly 70 to see Springsteen, but come on, that's Bruce fucking Springsteen!)

Rudi Manchego's Simple Rustic Wisdom:
If you look at a pebble, you will see your own face

Howard Moon: Fusion Minstrel Vince Noir: Gothic Fairy. The Boosh is Loose and it's coming at you like a shark with knees!

Post #: 7
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 5:57:38 PM   
Olaf

50 for standing tickets isn't really that unreasonable for your average arena show, relatively speaking - it's obviously a lot of money, but no more than you'd usually pay to see a similar-sized band in a similar venue. 70 is madness though, but they're seating tickets presumably and people who sit at concerts are weird and deserve to be mocked.*

(*apologies to people who like sitting at concerts. You're weird though.)

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 8
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 6:45:25 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

50 for standing tickets isn't really that unreasonable for your average arena show, relatively speaking - it's obviously a lot of money, but no more than you'd usually pay to see a similar-sized band in a similar venue. 70 is madness though, but they're seating tickets presumably and people who sit at concerts are weird and deserve to be mocked.*

(*apologies to people who like sitting at concerts. You're weird though.)

I've never sat at a concert/gig,nor do I intend to,it'll just be odd/weird.
Half of the gigs I've been to the sitting audience tends to stand anyway,but thats a case of when these people miss out on the standing tickets haha.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 6:53:57 PM   
Olaf

Yeah, I remember missing out on standing tickets for Arcade Fire at the end of 2010 and got seating tickets, but spent most of it standing up. I remember right after the first song, Win Butler addresses the seated audience: 'you want to sit down, go to the movies.'

Post #: 10
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 7:00:57 PM   
pedros

I've never been to an arena gig where I haven't been sitting - not by choice, but it was either that or nothing. I got Pearl Jam tickets through O2 priority and they bloody sitting.

So when do the O2 priority tickets go on sale for this?

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 11
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 7:04:45 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Yeah, I remember missing out on standing tickets for Arcade Fire at the end of 2010 and got seating tickets, but spent most of it standing up. I remember right after the first song, Win Butler addresses the seated audience: 'you want to sit down, go to the movies.'

lol

They selling from tickmaster?

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 12
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 7:44:09 PM   
paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

No Irish date

No Scottish date either. Hope more are announced, seen them at Glasgow Green in 2008, they were astonishing.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 13
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 6/3/2012 8:05:28 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

Yeah, that's not as bad as I was expecting considering the usual price of shows like this.

The videos from the US shows look great by the way (they played The Amazing Sounds of Orgy for like the first time ever last night), so I'm hoping for more of the same. The Bends appears to have disappeared from their setlists though, which is understandable given the new material but still disappointing.

Maybe Thom's just tired of summoning demons for audiences who don't understand what he's doing every time he plays Street Spirit.

I have tickets to them in Auckland in November. Fucking excited.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 14
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/3/2012 12:06:42 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

2 tickets brought
I thought I missed the boat,but I got lucky.
Yepeee

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 15
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/3/2012 12:18:08 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I was in a meeting from 9 - 12pm and there are no tickets left

Will have to try again on Friday.....

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 16
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/3/2012 12:20:04 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

I was in a meeting from 9 - 12pm and there are no tickets left

Will have to try again on Friday.....

Keep refreshing the page,thats what I did.
Keep at it.

Post #: 17
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/3/2012 3:57:24 PM   
Olaf

Managed to get a ticket and was on the edge of paying for them when I saw that W.A.S.T.E. is credit card payment only, which is rather disappointing. I'll be up Friday morning with my debit card to try and get a ticket, but seemingly the higher price is for standing tickets after all? Unbelievable that it's going to set me back just over 80, Irish gigs are badly overpriced as well but standing is always cheaper than seating.

Post #: 18
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/3/2012 4:50:16 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I hadn't realised that either Olaf! I don't have a credit card, only a debit card. Oh well, 9am Friday refresh it is then!

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 19
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 7/3/2012 10:21:20 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Managed to get a ticket and was on the edge of paying for them when I saw that W.A.S.T.E. is credit card payment only, which is rather disappointing. I'll be up Friday morning with my debit card to try and get a ticket, but seemingly the higher price is for standing tickets after all? Unbelievable that it's going to set me back just over 80, Irish gigs are badly overpriced as well but standing is always cheaper than seating.

You were thinking of succumbing to seating?

The prices are very OTT to be fair.Two tickets took me back 150,add on travelling,Hotel,Food/drinks,Merchandise,christ im not going to have anything in the Bank (in the region i'll be forking out about 300).
But I guess its worth it in the end....,well it better be.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 20
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 8/3/2012 12:40:22 AM   
Olaf

I'm too prone to getting nosebleeds, so no.

The conversion rate is what's really killing me at the moment. Perhaps they should do a pay-what-you-want ticket scheme?

Post #: 21
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 8/3/2012 1:20:53 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

I'm too prone to getting nosebleeds, so no.

The conversion rate is what's really killing me at the moment. Perhaps they should do a pay-what-you-want ticket scheme?

lol

The conversion rate at this minute isnt looking great.
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/currencies/converter/#from=GBP;to=EUR;amt=65

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 22
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 8/3/2012 12:53:39 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

Maybe Thom's just tired of summoning demons for audiences who don't understand what he's doing every time he plays Street Spirit.

True. Price those dumbasses out.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 23
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 8/3/2012 3:50:32 PM   
Qwerty Norris

I love Radiohead & they're one of the few bands I adored when I was 14 that I still listen to (not rehashing the Bends / Ok Computer ensured that)...but for not including a scottish date & charging 70 quid for the privilege, they can fuck right off.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 24
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 8/3/2012 11:10:32 PM   
moontheloon

I always said that when Radiohead toured again I would definitely be there, saw them three times around In Rainbows and loved each and every show, they are simply amazing live. However, I despise the O2 Arena. It's basically the worst venue I have ever been to in my life, It has no soul, if you're sitting remotely near the top the seats are cramped, steep (I don't have a fear of heights... but I did that night), it's a pain to get to, it's just a vacuous place that I don't care ever to return to. The MEN is pretty decent, but not exactly near me, and with my hours at work being slashed at the minute I'm going to have to sit this one out. If they were playing closer to home I'd be interested, but this just isn't going to work unfortunately. Considering the first time I saw Radiohead, just before In Rainbows, I paid 30ish for the ticket, 65 does seem very steep to me, especially considering that this album didn't do nearly as well as In Rainbows did, commercially or critically. Though If I had the money I'd probably go... nevermind. Next time.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 25
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 8/3/2012 11:20:18 PM   
pedros

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

I always said that when Radiohead toured again I would definitely be there, saw them three times around In Rainbows and loved each and every show, they are simply amazing live. However, I despise the O2 Arena. It's basically the worst venue I have ever been to in my life, It has no soul, if you're sitting remotely near the top the seats are cramped, steep (I don't have a fear of heights... but I did that night), it's a pain to get to, it's just a vacuous place that I don't care ever to return to. The MEN is pretty decent, but not exactly near me, and with my hours at work being slashed at the minute I'm going to have to sit this one out. If they were playing closer to home I'd be interested, but this just isn't going to work unfortunately. Considering the first time I saw Radiohead, just before In Rainbows, I paid 30ish for the ticket, 65 does seem very steep to me, especially considering that this album didn't do nearly as well as In Rainbows did, commercially or critically. Though If I had the money I'd probably go... nevermind. Next time.

I've been to quite a few gigs in the MEN - Charlatans, Jamiroquai, Pulp, Happy Mondays, Beastie Boys etc, and though the bands may have been good I have detested it as a venue. When I moved down to London and went to a gig at the O2 for the first time (Pearl Jam) even though we were sat right at the back and in the rafters, it was a fucking brilliant concert, and it did feel quite intimate despite the size of the place. That probably had more to do with the band (and the drunkeness) than the venue, but it has not left me with a bad taste in my mouth and so I will be there at 9am tomorrow with several windows open refreshing each one until I manage to get tickets.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 26
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 8/3/2012 11:29:48 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

The prices are very over the top in my opinion,but Radiohead can play on the basis that they are one of if not the biggest band on the planet at this moment in time,and fans will always be willing to pay over the odds.

I havent been to the 02 Arena nor have I been to MEN,But my favourite venue is probaly the 02 in Brixton

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 27
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 9/3/2012 9:33:37 AM   
Olaf

So I luck out and somehow get hold a single standing ticket after filling out the forms multiple times, compose myself and go to the payment screen... and it's credit card payment only. Again. After god knows how many tickets I've bought through the site using a debit card. Fucking paperless tickets.

Post #: 28
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 9/3/2012 9:36:18 AM   
Angelus

Which site did you use, Olaf? I used the Ticketmaster link through the O2's site and was able to use my debit card.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 29
RE: Radiohead: UK Dates - 9/3/2012 9:42:50 AM   
Olaf

I was using Ticketmaster as well, just clicked on the link through the band's website. Maybe it's down to me being an Irish customer attempting to buy tickets for a British show or something?

Gutted really. Hoping that any Irish dates will be over the summer now, but it's pretty unlikely.

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> Radiohead: UK Dates Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI