Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

10 Minutes Of John Carter Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> 10 Minutes Of John Carter Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10 Minutes Of John Carter Online - 5/3/2012 7:47:04 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Bryan Cranston... - 5/3/2012 7:47:04 AM   
tommypocket

...popping up in everything these days.

He's a definite 27%er...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Bryan Cranston... - 6/3/2012 5:17:28 AM   
King of Kafiristan

Ten whole minutes of a blockbuster posted online, and yet hardly any comments.... JOHN CARTER apparently has terrible tracking, and it seems the film may well bomb/under perform. Can't say that much uosets me. The perception seems to be that it's AVATAR with a boring color palet. My interest was done in when I saw the design for the white apes. It's that same generic weightless CGI look I see in so many modern movie monsters, where they pause their attack to roar with a giant oversized mouth, and never behave like living animals (who are not prone to excessively thrashing themselves around). The title is also completely uninteresting, and it's a shame that DISNEY thought the problem with MARS NEEDS MOMS was the "Mars" and not the "Moms". This "improved" title is just abysmal.

(in reply to tommypocket)
Post #: 3
John Carter - 13/3/2012 5:09:11 PM   
mazgolightly

I thoroughly enjoyed myself for 2 hours. Having read some lukewarm reviews and all manner of feedback comments, I do wonder why people nitpick over science fiction films details/plot/alien life forms etc etc. It's SCIENCE FICTION, so it's not real. It's sheer escapism and I thought it was cool. Taylor Kitch did a super job for his first major film role, Mark Strong was an excellent baddie as always, though I would like so see him in a non-baddie role for a change... All in all it was great fun. Just saying....

Post #: 4
John Carter - 13/3/2012 5:09:35 PM   
mazgolightly

I thoroughly enjoyed myself for 2 hours. Having read some lukewarm reviews and all manner of feedback comments, I do wonder why people nitpick over science fiction films details/plot/alien life forms etc etc. It's SCIENCE FICTION, so it's not real. It's sheer escapism and I thought it was cool. Taylor Kitch did a super job for his first major film role, Mark Strong was an excellent baddie as always, though I would like so see him in a non-baddie role for a change... All in all it was great fun. Just saying....

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> 10 Minutes Of John Carter Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI