Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The First Empire Podcast Is Here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The First Empire Podcast Is Here! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The First Empire Podcast Is Here! - 2/3/2012 4:08:51 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Avengers: Assemble? - 2/3/2012 4:08:51 PM   
HighwayJoe

I do not understand this decision at all. Both the Swedish and US versions of 'Insomnia' have as their titles... 'Insomnia.' As I'm pretty sure I can tell Stellan Skarsgard and Al Pacino apart--not to mention the sound of Swedish/Norwegian vs English--I was not in the least confused. So why would a poster with obvious superheroes make anyone wonder where Emma Peel is? Or why--assuming they think Johanssen is Peel--she's surrounded by Iron Man, Captain America and the Hulk?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Avengers: Assemble? - 2/3/2012 4:09:30 PM   
HighwayJoe

I do not understand this decision at all. Both the Swedish and US versions of 'Insomnia' have as their titles... 'Insomnia.' As I'm pretty sure I can tell Stellan Skarsgard and Al Pacino apart--not to mention the sound of Swedish/Norwegian vs English--I was not in the least confused. So why would a poster with obvious superheroes make anyone wonder where Emma Peel is? Or why--assuming they think Johanssen is Peel--she's surrounded by Iron Man, Captain America and the Hulk?

Post #: 3
RE: Avengers: Assemble? - 2/3/2012 5:00:26 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Wonder if Chris explained why John Gordon Sinclair's Gregory didn't make it into his top 5 teenagers on Film2012 ???

(in reply to HighwayJoe)
Post #: 4
RE: The First Empire Podcast Is Here! - 2/3/2012 5:12:12 PM   
Shifty Bench

May I suggest you make it available to actually download rather than a black video? I prefer to listen to podcasts on my mp3 player. And it doesn't even have to be on itunes as most of the (many) podcasts I listen to can be downloaded from the host site

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 2/3/2012 5:21:00 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 5
RE: The First Empire Podcast Is Here! - 2/3/2012 5:24:50 PM   
musht

When is it gonna be available on iTunes? Or is it already?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 6
Download - 2/3/2012 5:26:02 PM   
ondei

Hi there! Post from Brazil! Where´s the MP3 for download, guys? You must be on iTunes to! Happy to here about the podcast! Welcome to 21 century! ;-)

Post #: 7
RE: The First Empire Podcast Is Here! - 2/3/2012 5:28:51 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

May I suggest you make it available to actually download rather than a black video? I prefer to listen to podcasts on my mp3 player. And it doesn't even have to be on itunes as most of the (many) podcasts I listen to can be downloaded from the host site

This ^

Also you could do with improving the audio quality, maybe by not compressing it to such a degree.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 8
RE: The First Empire Podcast Is Here! - 2/3/2012 5:29:56 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Yeah, this is slightly inept guys!

< Message edited by Darth Marenghi -- 2/3/2012 5:30:41 PM >

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 9
Helen on Mike - 2/3/2012 5:35:56 PM   
Greggieboy

Enjoyed it but is Helen actually in the same room? Can barely hear her. Can she sit closer to the mike? I thought someone should have said something but no.
Want it on my iphone though

Post #: 10
- 2/3/2012 6:04:45 PM   
DazCoops

Will the podcast be a weekly thing? You could do what you do with the webchats and have readers send questions in if empire could let us know who the guests are in advance. Will the podcast be on itunes today?

Post #: 11
RE: The First Empire Podcast Is Here! - 2/3/2012 6:52:05 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

This ^

Also you could do with improving the audio quality, maybe by not compressing it to such a degree.

Indeed. I don't have itunes and don't particularly want to have to get it in order to get the podcast. Kermode and Mayo's is available direct from the BBC. No reason you guys can't do the same.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 12
RE: The First Empire Podcast Is Here! - 3/3/2012 4:55:42 AM   
King of Kafiristan

Congrats to EMPIRE on it's first ever PODCAST!

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 13
iTunes - 3/3/2012 7:57:32 AM   
mattbailey

Looking forward to this being available on iTunes.

Post #: 14
i tunes - 3/3/2012 4:10:21 PM   
sledgehammer1

no download?

Post #: 15
I just Logged In Half way through the Podcast ,... - 3/3/2012 5:56:27 PM   
rgod

P.s the answer to your Film question is Cinderella Man .
Great Humour ,
podcast's are the Way to go .

Post #: 16
Take pity on dog-walkers! - 3/3/2012 7:28:11 PM   
shopachocaholic

Love the thought, but we need a download version! I love my podcasts since getting a dog, as it helps to pass the time in the park, but I can't add you guys to the roster as I can't stick it on my iPhone!

Please tell me this will be a) a regular podcast and b) downloadable in future?

Post #: 17
Take pity on dog-walkers! - 3/3/2012 7:28:22 PM   
shopachocaholic

Love the thought, but we need a download version! I love my podcasts since getting a dog, as it helps to pass the time in the park, but I can't add you guys to the roster as I can't stick it on my iPhone!

Post #: 18
Take pity on dog-walkers! - 3/3/2012 7:29:03 PM   
shopachocaholic

Post #: 19
No Hard feelings, but... - 4/3/2012 5:24:18 PM   
fantastic mr ethan

I could do a better podcast than this.

Post #: 20
RE: No More Muppets For Jason Segel - 5/3/2012 6:35:45 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

The thing is, he's quite right. As welcome a presence as he was in The Muppets, Jason was careful not to make it The Segel Show. The stars were Kermit and co., as is only right and proper. No human interloper has ever continued through more than one Muppet movie, and whatever is planned for the future, the Muppets' anarchic non-template to date probably dictates that it won't be a straight-up sequel.

Excellent, this is exactly what I've been saying. I'm grateful he helped bring them back but I want an actual Muppet movie next like the 70s/80s ones.

(in reply to fantastic mr ethan)
Post #: 21
RE: No More Muppets For Jason Segel - 5/3/2012 8:03:29 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

quote:

The thing is, he's quite right. As welcome a presence as he was in The Muppets, Jason was careful not to make it The Segel Show. The stars were Kermit and co., as is only right and proper. No human interloper has ever continued through more than one Muppet movie, and whatever is planned for the future, the Muppets' anarchic non-template to date probably dictates that it won't be a straight-up sequel.

Excellent, this is exactly what I've been saying. I'm grateful he helped bring them back but I want an actual Muppet movie next like the 70s/80s ones.

Heh, wrong thread, perhaps? Either way I share your sentiments on the MUPPETS.

Post #: 22
Pea-Podcast.... - 5/3/2012 11:35:01 PM   
AntoineGeagea

When they named it Pod-cast, no one was actually planning for the only way to listen to the darn thing to be a sensory deprived, matrix-type, human harvesting pod...

"Gives us free" & make it a downloadable mp3 file for God's sake.... My daily commute needs a rejigger...

Post #: 23
Pea-Podcast.... - 5/3/2012 11:48:41 PM   
AntoineGeagea

When they named it Pod-cast, no one was actually planning for the only way to listen to the darn thing to be a Matrix-inspired, sensory deprivation pod...

"Gives us free" & make it a downloadable mp3 file for the love of God... My commutes need a rejigger...

Post #: 24
Pea-Podcast.... - 5/3/2012 11:48:57 PM   
AntoineGeagea

When they named it Pod-cast, no one was actually planning for the only way to listen to the darn thing to be a Matrix-inspired, sensory deprivation pod...

"Gives us free" & make it a downloadable mp3 file for the love of God... My commutes need a rejigger...

Post #: 25
Pea-Podcast.... - 5/3/2012 11:49:26 PM   
AntoineGeagea

Post #: 26
- 6/3/2012 12:10:22 AM   
AntoineGeagea

Post #: 27
Pea-Podcast.... - 6/3/2012 8:00:30 AM   
AntoineGeagea

Post #: 28
RE: No More Muppets For Jason Segel - 11/3/2012 8:02:33 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

quote:

quote:

Heh, wrong thread, perhaps? Either way I share your sentiments on the MUPPETS.

Indeed. I have no idea how that happened

Today can't get any stranger

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The First Empire Podcast Is Here! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI