Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL OUT!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL OUT!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL ... - 2/3/2012 12:57:33 AM   
rich

Outside all this amusing rage, this is fairly hypocritical.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 31
RE: What A Bastard, Eh...? - 2/3/2012 12:59:20 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby
(Who said "sexual frustration..."?)

Freudian field day . Don't start pinching socks (or anything), they'll think you're Scottish or a Scouse.

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES
What makes it any more strange is the fact that LucasFilms most know of Peggs critiscm via Twitter/Interviews concerning recent Star Wars movies.
Maybe LucasFilms think anybody can be brought-off as long as they dangle a cheque in there noses,which with regards to Pegg it seems the case.

And what's more convincing is that they've paid off a 'Star Wars fan' who criticised the architect of the series, to be a part of a series which makes up the continuity which he's stated to detest. A slight PR victory there.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 32
RE: What A Bastard, Eh...? - 2/3/2012 9:18:01 AM   
jobloffski

On the other hand, many people who criticised TPM when it came out, offered the chance to be in AOTC as some alien or whatever would have been equally 'hypocritical'. Pegg has taken the piss out of the geekdom as much as slagging off Lucas, what was it again, something like The Phantom Menace was two years ago/I know, but it still hurts?

And, the Clone Wars cartoon seems to be made not only by people with technical competence, but by people who know better than Lucas the feelings they had about watching Star Wars, which Lucas can't ever actually experience, but which people with that experience can seek to aim their work at directly. All the things people complain the prequels are missing are in the CW shorts and ROTS in particular benefits from the shorts actually showing a decent friendship between the male leads, and a broader depiction of the wars the third film draws a close to, as well as plenty of material of the 'I can't believe this just happened in a show aimed at kids' moments.

So to reiterate my earlier point, whatever Pegg said about the prequels, I'd hazard a guess that whatever the size of the cheque dangled in front of him, Pegg would have been slightly motivated to take any role by actually watching the show and the world it depicts over time, and the individual massive set pieces, and even the skill with which individual little moments of actual emotion are handled once the show really finds its feet etc and thought, 'now, this is more like it, this is what I hoped I was going to be getting when I heard new films would be made'.

CASE IN POINT RE THE BOLD TEXT ABOVE:

In a cantina somewhere in the galaxy, in the latest episode, someone tries to come on to a certain bald ex evil apprentice. She presses her lightsaber to his groin area and presses the button...bloke falls dead...later 'ninjas' attack a 'train' and are getting killed left, right and centre, in a quite intense way that, in live action would appear to almost ludicrously violent.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 3/3/2012 8:20:49 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 33
RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL ... - 2/3/2012 3:19:07 PM   
Kayotik

Thing is who is more the hypocrit here?

The type who sit moaning about how Lucas is ruining the trilogy by adding so much in and changing everything, who then run out to buy the Blu-Ray box set, thus funding Lucas's bank account.

Or Pegg, who has moaned about how much the prequels and the changes suck, and is then offered money for an afternoon of speaking into a mic?

Post #: 34
RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL ... - 2/3/2012 4:58:27 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Wonder if his anti-Lucas bias also comes down to the fact years ago when Nick was working on a TV show he got invited to Skywalker Ranch as remeber them doing an interview & when Nick spilt the beans Simon was really upset & more than a little bit jealous?

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 35
RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL ... - 3/3/2012 12:13:59 PM   
Cool Breeze

Simon Peggs just an arse.Its ironic that while he is famous for bashing the prequels and especially Jar Jar, his Scotty is the Jar Jar of Star Trek.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 36
- 3/3/2012 12:29:08 PM   
Toby Dammit

Well, he's no Morris Bush.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 37
RE: - 3/3/2012 12:47:06 PM   
rich

quote:

I can't believe this just happened in a show aimed at kids' moments.

I dont get how random violence that is unsuitable for younger audiences makes something better in overall quality.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Toby Dammit)
Post #: 38
RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL ... - 3/3/2012 6:31:03 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

his Scotty is the Jar Jar of Star Trek.

Comparing Scotty to Jar Jar is like comparing a turd to explosive diarrhoea.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 39
RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL ... - 3/3/2012 7:42:43 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

Thing is who is more the hypocrit here?

The type who sit moaning about how Lucas is ruining the trilogy by adding so much in and changing everything, who then run out to buy the Blu-Ray box set, thus funding Lucas's bank account.

Or Pegg, who has moaned about how much the prequels and the changes suck, and is then offered money for an afternoon of speaking into a mic?

Surely Pegg is contributing to Lucas's bank account as much as the Blu-Ray buying fan is?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 40
RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL ... - 4/3/2012 1:02:32 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

his Scotty is the Jar Jar of Star Trek.

Comparing Scotty to Jar Jar is like comparing a turd to explosive diarrhoea.

I guess Jar Jar doesn't have problems with not having enough power at least.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 41
RE: RE: - 4/3/2012 5:16:14 AM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

I dont get how random violence that is unsuitable for younger audiences makes something better in overall quality.

quote:

quote:

It's not random, nor is it any more explicit, than say, the original films (considerably less so in fact),there is equivalence with things like the sudden shock of the state of Owen and Beru's smoking corpses, but it's more not shying away from things in a way that might normally be the case in the usual kiddie show., and it;s always for story reasons or to show something about character. And quite a lot of the implications of just how vicious some of the characters are being wont necessarily compute with kids too young for those implications. A character may do something like kill innocents in front of a hero character to make sure the hero knows he is serious, and keep executing innocents until a hero character stops resisting because every time they do someone dies. It's all pixels of course, and I seem to be being very serious about it all, I know. But underpinning my comments is the impression I get that the makers of the show are deadly serious about making the best Star Wars looking and feeling series they can, and while it remains a cartoon, there is some deadly serious stuff going on in it sometimes. And violence in stylised form is considered less damaging than live action, so the kiddies emerge unscathed while adults notice the implications and the extent of some of the events

As for Pegg as Dengar, I wouldn't even know it was him from his performance alone, so good work from his people making sure his 'hypocrisy and betrayal of his principles' made it to the nerdnet to publicise the fact he's in the show at all

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 5/3/2012 7:41:25 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 42
RE: RE: - 5/3/2012 1:31:07 PM   
Kayotik

Quite a fun episode all in all.

And yeah I would never have told that was Pegg!

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 43
RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL ... - 5/3/2012 7:47:28 PM   
Jamie_M

haha,, no not really, twas all supposed to be sarcasm and in the spirit of how Tim would react in Spaced,,,

Trust me,, Nobody should get worked up about anything Lucas or Simon Pegg do!! Unless of course, it's related to the next Star Trek sequel

The only thing thats childish is in fact, Star Wars itself

Post #: 44
RE: RE: - 12/3/2012 1:39:45 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

quote:

Latest episode...I REALLY can't believe what just happened in a show primarily aimed at kids. Bringing people back from the supposed dead can be cheesy, but this was pretty freaky, disturbing shit. This show continues to throw curveballs just when it's all getting a bit too comfortable...

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 12/3/2012 1:40:33 PM >

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 45
RE: RE: - 12/3/2012 3:02:02 PM   
st3veebee

Simon Pegg has been a tool for a while now:  nearly ruining both Star Trek and Tintin.

However: I am quite tempted to pick up the Clone Wars boxset now after reading some comments on it: I ignored it at first as too childish: but is it worth a look?

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 46
RE: RE: - 12/3/2012 3:38:29 PM   
jobloffski

Bear in mind, I'm referring to the closing stages of the fourth series. Going from the start, it's lighter and you have to watch them 'making' the envelope before they start to push it, but what the series can pull off really well by the time it's in full flight is massive changes in tone from one ep to the next, and total abandonment of the main cast for side stories and one off tales that sometimes hit much harder than you might have anticipated from any potential 'he's just miking a dead cow' reaction to the idea of the series when first mooted.

So, wound my neck in just slightly re recent comments, but there's a lot to enjoy and be surprised by over the 4 seasons thus far.

Edit, milking, not 'miking' a dead cow.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 12/3/2012 3:45:44 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL OUT!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI