Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Simon Pegg Will Be Dengar

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Simon Pegg Will Be Dengar Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Simon Pegg Will Be Dengar - 1/3/2012 8:13:31 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 8:13:31 AM   
Macavity

Pegg's been very vocal over his disgust for the prequels and tweeted his hate for the cartoon. The man's a massive hypocrite. I've lost any respect for him.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 9:38:02 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Gotta say as much as I love him have to agree with you partly on this one. (as I still respect him)

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 3
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 10:10:02 AM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Gotta say as much as I love him have to agree with you partly on this one. (as I still respect him)

If Pegg previously hated the cartoon, maybe it just felt to him like too much stretching of the whole enterprise, but as someone who watches clone wars, could definitely see him thinking 'holy shit, this is more star warsy than the prequels by MILES if he then just watched it. There's regular cheese in the series, but also stuff that just makes you remember why you loved all this shite in the first place. As well as stuff that if presented in live action, would certainly be at least as adult as the much rumoured live action show apparently aims to be.

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 4
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 10:24:43 AM   
JIm R

Actors soon forget previous moral standpoint when you present a massive cheque to them (sadly).

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 5
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 10:29:49 AM   
jobloffski

That too, of course, but damn, there's some good shit in the series.

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 6
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 12:43:01 PM   
Kayotik

I despise the prequels but I gotta say, the Clone Wars CG Cartoon really has some fantastic episodes. There's a lot of subtle but brilliant nods to the original films - such as Anakin standing on display in a pit surrounded by slavers, he salutes to Artoo who is watching from a balcony, who then fires his lightsaber over to Anakin. Brilliant little things like that.

And some of the stories are great too, like the threeparter set in the strange world where the Dark Side and Light Side of the force were represented by a Brother and Sister. (The Brother, so incredibly by Sam Witwer who was Starkiller in Force Unleashed, Crashdown in BSG and who has voiced Darth Maul in an upcoming episode too.)

The art direction as well has been fantastic. At times the scenery looks incredible, the camera angles and lighting all so elegantly done.

Yes there's some very childish episodes and silly plots, remember this is still a kids cartoon, but I really enjoy it a lot of the time.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 7
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 12:52:20 PM   
cunningmunki

I agree, he's a massive hypocrite. He's been a very vocal Lucas hater for years now, and has declared Star Wars dead to him many times. I lost my respect for him during his last tirade against Lucas on Twitter, after the Blu-rays came out. when he called all of Lucas' followers "fools". I can't believe Lucas let him anywhere near one of his productions.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 8
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 1:06:01 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macavity

Pegg's been very vocal over his disgust for the prequels and tweeted his hate for the cartoon. The man's a massive hypocrite. I've lost any respect for him.

I've read about his prequel hate, but never heard anything about his badmouthing the Clone Wars series. If so, that does seem hugely hypocritical.

But as jobloffski says, there's some good shit in the series.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 9
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 1:32:31 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: cunningmunki

I agree, he's a massive hypocrite. He's been a very vocal Lucas hater for years now, and has declared Star Wars dead to him many times. I lost my respect for him during his last tirade against Lucas on Twitter, after the Blu-rays came out. when he called all of Lucas' followers "fools". I can't believe Lucas let him anywhere near one of his productions.

He didn't call Lucas' followers fools, he was saying that everyone keeps complaining about Lucas making changes to the original trilogy, but they still go out and buy the re-releases. He said that if they really cared that much about how much Lucas was fucking with the originals, they wouldn't keep buying his shit and lining his pockets.

(in reply to cunningmunki)
Post #: 10
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 1:42:28 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

"I wonder if George Lucas will ever replace himself with CGI. He should do. He's a muppet".@simonpegg=31 augest.

Simon your a hypocritical tw@t!
In it for the money eh?

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 1/3/2012 1:44:43 PM >

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 11
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 2:00:53 PM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macavity

Just reminded me of the massive hissy fit his character Tim has in spaced.. when he's berrating a customer in his comic shop for wanting a Jar Jar Binks doll... then the camera pulls away to show the customer is a little girl about 6 years old

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 12
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 4:20:20 PM   
jobloffski

Is Liam Neeson also a hypocrite,for voicing Qui Gon Jinn in the Clone Wars after previous things said by him about the experience of being in TPM?

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 13
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 4:39:43 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

But as any cunningmunki would know my chunky monkey, there's money to be made and Pegg's 'star' is on the ascendancy (Stsr Trek and now Star Wars!).

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to cunningmunki)
Post #: 14
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 4:49:14 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

quote:

But as any cunningmunki would know my chunky monkey, there's money to be made and Pegg's 'star' is on the ascendancy (Stsr Trek and now Star Wars!).

What makes it any more strange is the fact that LucasFilms most know of Peggs critiscm via Twitter/Interviews concerning recent Star Wars movies.
Maybe LucasFilms think anybody can be brought-off as long as they dangle a cheque in there noses,which with regards to Pegg it seems the case.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 15
What A Bastard, Eh...? - 1/3/2012 7:13:21 PM   
chris kilby

And not just cos he married a lassie ah fancied at school - strange but true. But seriously, guys - overreacting just a tad, maybe? It's one of the great unanswered questions - why ARE people online so angry and indignant all the time? Fanboys, especially. Cos it baffles me. (Who said "sexual frustration..."?)

Post #: 16
PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL OUT!!! - 1/3/2012 7:19:21 PM   
Jamie_M

Feel like burning all my Simon Pegg dvd's in a bonfire,,,,, just the way Tim burned all his Star Wars stuff in Spaced,,,
Damn you Simon Pegg,, very disappointed,,,,, ain't you already a millionaire? Why didn't you tell Lucas to go fuck himself and stick to your principles,,, YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!

Post #: 17
PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL OUT!!! - 1/3/2012 7:19:38 PM   
Jamie_M

Feel like burning all my Simon Pegg dvd's in a bonfire,,,,, just the way Tim burned all his Star Wars stuff in Spaced,,,
Damn you Simon Pegg,, very disappointed,,,,, ain't you already a millionaire? Why didn't you tell Lucas to go fuck himself and stick to your principles,,, YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!

Post #: 18
PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL OUT!!! - 1/3/2012 7:20:07 PM   
Jamie_M

Post #: 19
PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL OUT!!! - 1/3/2012 7:21:54 PM   
Jamie_M

Post #: 20
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 7:50:19 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

quote:

What makes it any more strange is the fact that LucasFilms most know of Peggs critiscm via Twitter/Interviews concerning recent Star Wars movies.
Maybe LucasFilms think anybody can be brought-off as long as they dangle a cheque in there noses,which with regards to Pegg it seems the case.

Lucas can seem to absorb some kinds of attack/criticism/parody quite well. The Kevin Smith penned in film rant rant about Darth Vader being like a Nubian god but Lucas suggesting via having a white man inside the suit that that's what black men really want to be, white. Lucas later calls the ship that gets stranded on Tattooine Nubian. The federation starships look at a casual glance like Spaceballs.

Pegg says Star Wars is dead to him, now he;s playing a bounty hunter. Pegg being a hypocrite, going after the cash, or a tacit acceptance that there may be something in the reasons for his criticisms. Well, maybe. Anyway, wouldn't be the first time someone who criticises x later gets offered work by x, in showbiz, or any other biz.

Or Pegg's a total hypocrite, or whatever. There's really no shortage of something for someone using the net to rant off about, have been guilt of it myself, including being guilty of ranting about Lucas and how if I was involved I would have done this, or that differently (suggesting I know better or something).

Would I swallow my 'principles' and take work offered by someone who has been called names by me? Course I fucking would. Then I'd find out if my mouth is writing cheques my talents can't cash (or vice versa). Would that make me a hypocrite? Who cares.

One day, my beauties, one day...

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 1/3/2012 7:53:45 PM >

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 21
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 9:24:31 PM   
King of Kafiristan

I enjoyed the original expanded universe novels before the prequels went and mucked it all up, and I have to say Dengar was an interesting character (he saved Boba Fett, after all). With that said, these cartoons do not interest me, Simon Pegg seems like terrible casting, and my love of STAR WARS long ago turned to dust and blew away.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 22
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 10:01:04 PM   
Spaldron

Pegg's spent half his career slating the prequels and Lucas' decisions so for him to do a complete 180o is quite a surprise tbh. Maybe Lucas offered him the original versions of Star Wars as a bribe.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 23
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 10:45:23 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Is Liam Neeson also a hypocrite,for voicing Qui Gon Jinn in the Clone Wars after previous things said by him about the experience of being in TPM?

I think it's different with Neeson though - he just had a tough time making it and I don't think has ever personally criticised Lucas to the extent Pegg has.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 24
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 11:00:02 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Pegg's spent half his career slating the prequels and Lucas' decisions so for him to do a complete 180o is quite a surprise tbh. Maybe Lucas offered him the original versions of Star Wars as a bribe.

Are the original Star Wars on dvd?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 25
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 11:25:00 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

Technically yes, very poor quality versions of the the ORIGINAL original trilogy are available as bonus discs on the 2006 special edition re-re-releases and that's about it. The only good versions of the original unaltered films are the online fan-made bootlegs like the Despecialized Editions which are superb.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 26
RE: Hypocrite - 1/3/2012 11:30:05 PM   
Rgirvan44

Maybe, just maybe, neither Pegg nor Lucas take any of this half as seriously as the fanbase.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 27
RE: Hypocrite - 2/3/2012 12:09:57 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

Technically yes, very poor quality versions of the the ORIGINAL original trilogy are available as bonus discs on the 2006 special edition re-re-releases and that's about it. The only good versions of the original unaltered films are the online fan-made bootlegs like the Despecialized Editions which are superb.

Cheers.
I'll check those out.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 2/3/2012 12:10:12 AM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 28
RE: Hypocrite - 2/3/2012 12:44:40 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Maybe, just maybe, neither Pegg nor Lucas take any of this half as seriously as the fanbase.

Bingo.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 29
RE: PEGGGG!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, YOU DAMN SELL ... - 2/3/2012 12:53:08 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jamie_M

A tad hysterical and childish.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Jamie_M)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Simon Pegg Will Be Dengar Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI