Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Avengers Gets A New, Longer Title

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Avengers Gets A New, Longer Title Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Avengers Gets A New, Longer Title - 28/2/2012 5:37:41 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 28/2/2012 5:37:41 PM   
badblokebob

If it's called "Avengers Assemble", why does it still say "Marvel's The Avengers" in the credit block? I'd assumed that was a legal dodge for just calling it "The Avengers", which presumably whoever made the '90s film still has some rights to as a title.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Swedish title also changed - 28/2/2012 5:38:17 PM   
UnkleRupert

Avengers Self Assembly

Post #: 3
- 28/2/2012 5:39:11 PM   
RobotDevil

The text under the poster calls it "Marvel's The Avengers"

Post #: 4
Photoshop Mastery - 28/2/2012 6:00:57 PM   
jefmac69

This kind of looks like a joke to me - however genuine it actually is - as this can truly be described as one of the most badly designed movie posters in history!

Photoshop mastery is aint. If you look (not very) carefully, you can see that every character is looking in a completely random direction, and know hulk is a lot bigger than everyone else but does it not seem that his proportions look daft?

As for the title? Doubt it's true. So ridiculous it's laughable!

Ominous signs for this film indeed

Post #: 5
Photoshop Mastery cont.... - 28/2/2012 6:06:29 PM   
jefmac69

Scrap that, I've changed my mind. This poster is merely a composite of all the original film's posters.

The Thor suit is wrong, The Iron Man suit is wrong, The Hulk picture is from the Ang Lee version, and all the others seem to have come from other posters.

Bad job Empire, if you're gonna fake a movie poster, do it properly

Post #: 6
- 28/2/2012 6:50:10 PM   
Biggus

Fake as.

Post #: 7
- 28/2/2012 6:50:32 PM   
Biggus

Fake as.

Post #: 8
RE: Photoshop Mastery cont.... - 28/2/2012 6:51:24 PM   
Fuzzbap

@jefmac69 Seems legit to me. Lots of other news sites have the "US" version, still called "The Avengers". Other than that it's the same poster.

For example:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/02/28/avengers-poster-new-york/?iid=rcfooter-movies-%27avengers%27%3A+cast%27s+character+insights

And by the way, the face on the Hulk looks nothing like the Ang Lee Hulk.

Shut your mouth, or I shall fly at you like a bag of cocks.

(in reply to jefmac69)
Post #: 9
The Genuine Article - 28/2/2012 7:27:28 PM   
Carpentersson75

jefmac69, I'm afraid that you're wrong. That's the new HULK. It's styled to look like Mark Ruffalo. It looks nothing like the 15ft HULK from Ang Lee's movie. It's not even the same shade of green.

If you look at the top of Helen O'Hara's article it states very clearly that the source of this news article is DISNEY. As MARVEL STUDIOS is part of THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY we can safely assume that this news is 100% genuine.

Post #: 10
Jesus... - 28/2/2012 7:28:04 PM   
murder_minty

Who freed the X-Men: First Class poster designers from the depths of photoshop hell to make this? Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible... Also, the new title kills all of the cool factor that this film may have had.

Post #: 11
RE: Photoshop Mastery cont.... - 28/2/2012 7:31:28 PM   
jobloffski

Bit shite of Marvel not to just promote the film as The Avengers and let anybody asking friends if it's the Brit one be told, no, it's the comic book team up film with "FUCKING IRON MAN ON THE POSTER ON EVERY OTHER BUS STOP IN THE COUNTRY"

Or sum shit like dat.

Use the potential confusion to promotional advantage, a quick google reveals these avengers had the name first. You've got your Avengers, these are ours...

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Fuzzbap)
Post #: 12
RE: Photoshop Mastery cont.... - 28/2/2012 7:41:52 PM   
Spaldron

You think it may have been a copyright issue? The owners of the British (60's) Avengers trying to cash in on this?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 13
RE: - 28/2/2012 7:42:12 PM   
Histeria

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

Fake as.

Wrong as.

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 14
- 28/2/2012 7:45:38 PM   
sephiroth7

Awful poster, insulting title.

Post #: 15
no way - 28/2/2012 8:17:46 PM   
bogman2099

i hate marketing guys they are so up there on arse.adults kids are very familiar with the avengers and all theyre characters any one who has picked up acomic or went to cinema every summer for the last three years,we have alot to thank rdj for but the poster looks all over the place with no focus or composition i just hope this movie dosnt become an iron man affair the x men movie learnt that the hard way by centring the plot around wolverine,no one remeber the avengers tv show not the 15 to 24 year old demographics any way that these marketing guys always on about mrs peel and steed hay day was 50 years ago and no one give any credance to feinnes thurman turd in the 90's,just tell me if me being in ireland am i subjected to this chalk bord scrapping title or are still under empirial rule? no pun or offence intended

Post #: 16
no way - 28/2/2012 8:18:25 PM   
bogman2099

i hate marketing guys they are so up there on arse.adults kids are very familiar with the avengers and all theyre characters any one who has picked up acomic or went to cinema every summer for the last three years,we have alot to thank rdj for but the poster looks all over the place with no focus or composition i just hope this movie dosnt become an iron man affair the x men movie learnt that the hard way by centring the plot around wolverine,no one remeber the avengers tv show not the 15 to 24 year old demographics any way that these marketing guys always on about mrs peel and steed hay day was 50 years ago and no one give any credance to feinnes thurman turd in the 90's,just tell me if me being in ireland am i subjected to this chalk bord scrapping title or are still under empirial rule? no pun or offence intended

Post #: 17
- 28/2/2012 8:57:18 PM   
bamamike

Would not "Avengers Assemble" be a better title for the inevitable sequel? Maybe not but really, who cares? It's not such a bad title for either.

Post #: 18
- 28/2/2012 9:08:07 PM   
Whistler

Well that's just silly, and I'm not going to call it that.

Post #: 19
RE: no way - 28/2/2012 9:12:28 PM   
jobloffski

Had to google it, but TV The Avengers began in 1961, comic The Avengers, 1963. Would be odd for anything to be about copyright after nearly 50 years of co-existence, and claiming copyright on a title is pretty hard to back up anyway, unless it's a very specific phrase or completely made up word(s) that the person being sued is being accused of trying to associate their stuff with. The and Avengers are not individually unique words, and there are other books that also have the title The Avengers that are nothing to do with either of the aforementioned.

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to bogman2099)
Post #: 20
- 28/2/2012 9:55:00 PM   
deathbat6661

I hope the people who chose the title change realise that myself and many other immature people are now going to terrify poor cinema clerks by screaming "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!" when we buy tickets. Because you can't just say that title. It doesn't work.

Post #: 21
RE: - 28/2/2012 10:33:20 PM   
Fuzzbap

quote:

ORIGINAL: bamamike

Would not "Avengers Assemble" be a better title for the inevitable sequel? Maybe not but really, who cares? It's not such a bad title for either.

It would be a better title for the third film, if they call the second "Avengers Pop to Ikea". Licence to print money.

Shut your mouth, or I shall fly at you like a bag of cocks.

(in reply to bamamike)
Post #: 22
change it - 28/2/2012 11:09:15 PM   
Rob Chappell

This is ridicules we all know it has nothing to do with that old TV show/bad film so change it back

Post #: 23
Did anyone else notice... - 29/2/2012 12:03:20 AM   
AlmightyFace

How abnormally big The Hulk is in that poster?

Post #: 24
Did anyone else notice... - 29/2/2012 12:03:22 AM   
AlmightyFace

How abnormally big The Hulk is in that poster?

Post #: 25
- 29/2/2012 1:14:19 AM   
Makaveli2012

This is the dumbest thing since they had to put 'Batman' infront of The Dark Knight.

Post #: 26
RE: - 29/2/2012 12:40:40 PM   
Cool Breeze

Fucks sake! Do they really think people are that dumb that they cant distinguish between one of the most eagerly awaited Superhero films in years or some 60's spy show?

Bet they will be calling TDKR Batman: The Dark Knight Rises next.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Makaveli2012)
Post #: 27
RE: no way - 29/2/2012 1:17:18 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: bogman2099

I'll give you a quid if you re-write this with proper spelling and punctation. Brrr horrible.

Anyway the poster is a bit of a shocker to be honest; the only thing that made me chuckle is that it looks like Black Widow is really pissed at Hawk Eye for some reason - if looks could kill!!

Come to think of it; have we seen a decent poster for this film at all yet??

The marketing for this film in general hasn't exactly been shiny so far!!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to bogman2099)
Post #: 28
Curioser and curioser... - 29/2/2012 1:23:38 PM   
foolishearthling

According to IMP Awards (who trawl the net for new movie posters) this artwork has cropped up on an official poster release, but the title remains The Avengers...

http://www.impawards.com/2012/avengers_ver14.html

Post #: 29
RE: Curioser and curioser... - 29/2/2012 1:25:41 PM   
foolishearthling

Slightly mis-linked that...

http://www.impawards.com/2012/avengers_ver14.html

There ya go!

(in reply to foolishearthling)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Avengers Gets A New, Longer Title Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI