Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Sony Resurrecting Dracula

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sony Resurrecting Dracula Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sony Resurrecting Dracula - 28/2/2012 2:59:00 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 28/2/2012 2:59:00 AM   
sifter132

Well the last couple of times I've seen Charles Dance, I've been struck by his similarity to Christopher Lee. Dance is probably a bit old for a lead for a new franchise, but I just thought I'd mention it...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 28/2/2012 3:55:57 AM   
devondude

lets all fell hopeful for the fact that the executive producer 'Knight and Day' and 'Daddy Day Camp' is producing a Dracula film! Fuck off!! Vampires really aren't exciting anymore! Fair enough we have 'Let the Right One In' (and the superb 'Let Me In'), but since Stephanie Meyer screwed us over with some twinkle headed dildo lover, vampires just can't be the same anymore! I'm in the film industry, and if he thinks he can produce a decent vampire film with the resumé he has, I seriously will eat my hat, film it and put it on youtube so the internet generation (which I am acutally part off) can lap it up and give a million views!! Vampires are, and unfortunately, dead a buried!! And I cannot see how, at all, this guy will make a difference!!

Post #: 3
- 28/2/2012 4:02:23 AM   
devondude

lets all fell hopeful for the fact that the executive producer 'Knight and Day' and 'Daddy Day Camp' is producing a Dracula film! Fuck off!! Vampires really aren't exciting anymore! Fair enough we have 'Let the Right One In' (and the superb 'Let Me In'), but since Stephanie Meyer screwed us over with some twinkle headed dildo lover, vampires just can't be the same anymore! I'm in the film industry, and if he thinks he can produce a decent vampire film with the resumé he has, I seriously will eat my hat, film it and put it on youtube so the internet generation (which I am acutally part off) can lap it up and give a million views!! Vampires are, and unfortunately, dead a buried!! And I cannot see how, at all, this guy will make a difference!!

Post #: 4
RE: - 28/2/2012 7:00:49 AM   
jobloffski

I want to see a very faithful adaptation of the book. By that, I mean with a sense of shifting perspective as to what Dracula is or isn't, given that the novel is largely made up of letters, recordings, journals and what have you. And the effect on the various characters of knowing/knowing of Dracula is the context for it all.

I want Van Helsing to be portrayed as doing what he does for how much he loves humanity, no Anthony Hopkins chewing scenery topped with ham, while standing on a massive gammon steak nonsense.

Coppola's film is supposed to be close to the book, but it isn't great by any means.

Come on, if you can have the Wire on tv, with the various points of view portrayed from the point of view of the characters involved and all that, you can do that with Dracula.

There are many, many, many spins on vampire material, why not make the daddy of 'em all properly at last? Any violence previously implied, show it, ant sex previously implied, show it, and whatever, but have the stuff that's in the book that gives those things a context too,

There are way way too many vampire related things out there already, Give me the real thing, or bite me.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 28/2/2012 7:05:37 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to devondude)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 28/2/2012 2:32:59 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski
I want to see a very faithful adaptation of the book.

Hell no.  You'd have a strong opening; Vampire Brides in the Castle.  Followed by a load of guff, then the awesome Ship's Journal section.  Then hours and hours and hours of a girl being a bit peaky in bed. 

Plus in the book, Dracula is really ineffective.  It's abit suprising when you're accustomed to the Vampire-Prime we all know through the filtered pop culture versions.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sony Resurrecting Dracula Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI