Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Guy Pearce's Prometheus Role Revealed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Guy Pearce's Prometheus Role Revealed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guy Pearce's Prometheus Role Revealed - 27/2/2012 9:00:42 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Yes, ignore and contradict AvP! - 27/2/2012 9:00:42 AM   
seedykay

This would be a good thing, those films were godawful and devoid of the tone of the previous Alien films. It's a good sign if Ridley despises them enough to ignore their existence.

It didn't make sense that Weyland was played by Henriksen in AvP anyway: he shows up in Alien3 as the designer of Bishop.

The way Ridley keeps changing his stance on the connection between the Prometheus and Alien is intriguing. Maybe there's more to this...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Yes, ignore and contradict AvP! - 27/2/2012 9:17:42 AM   
Osric

Is it a real Bishop at the end of Alien3? I thought it was another robot that was supposed to be tricking Ripley into thinking he was real. Half his head's hanging off at the end!

(in reply to seedykay)
Post #: 3
RE: Yes, ignore and contradict AvP! - 27/2/2012 9:30:17 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osric

Is it a real Bishop at the end of Alien3? I thought it was another robot that was supposed to be tricking Ripley into thinking he was real. Half his head's hanging off at the end!

He's bleeding red blood though.

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 4
Some serious plot holes... - 27/2/2012 9:55:01 AM   
tallaght24

What makes me laugh and I know it's not intentional but purely based on what year the films were made, but in Alien the computers are all like 8-bit yet Prometheus trailer they look far more advanced. I'd say keep the tone of Alien.

Post #: 5
Weylan-Yutani - 27/2/2012 10:49:03 AM   
Shelldweller

The company in Alien is actually called Weylan-Yutani. It wasn't until the (horrible imo) sequel that they called it Weyland. Hope they stick with the original world of Alien and call it Weylan.

Post #: 6
- 27/2/2012 1:25:22 PM   
pete_traynor

No need for referencing AvP! Scott completely discounted those films and most Alien fans certainly do not consider them cannon. Anything that transpired in those abominations will have no connection to Prometheus in Scott’s eyes.

Post #: 7
RE: Weylan-Yutani - 27/2/2012 1:27:11 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shelldweller

It wasn't until the (horrible imo) sequel

Door’s thata way

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Shelldweller)
Post #: 8
- 27/2/2012 2:34:20 PM   
darktrain

@tallaght24 in alien nostromo is a mining ship therefore battered weathered etc Prometheus im guessing is a medical type ship so would have much more advanced machinery,computers etc ? just a guess

Post #: 9
- 27/2/2012 6:55:56 PM   
Cyberleader

Ridley has said it time and time again...this film has hardly anything to do with Alien at all. I'm sick of everyone always making hints and nudging towards seeing it as another Alien movie. There are a few similarities and it's set in the same visual 'Universe'. That's it. How many times does the poor guy have to explain? I suppose it will only take the actual showing before people believe him- they're so use to franchises and remakes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alien, Aliens and maybe even Alien3 but let the poor xenomorphs enjoy their well earned break!

Post #: 10
RE: - 27/2/2012 10:39:15 PM   
Nimrods Son

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyberleader

Ridley has said it time and time again...this film has hardly anything to do with Alien at all. I'm sick of everyone always making hints and nudging towards seeing it as another Alien movie. There are a few similarities and it's set in the same visual 'Universe'. That's it. How many times does the poor guy have to explain? I suppose it will only take the actual showing before people believe him- they're so use to franchises and remakes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alien, Aliens and maybe even Alien3 but let the poor xenomorphs enjoy their well earned break!

I think he means that plot wise it will have little to do with the xenomorphs themselves but it's clear from the presence of the Space Jockey in the trailer and one of the screenshots that this is not just in the same "visual" universe. I'm glad the xenomorphs aren't going to be used in the film but I'm curious to see how the film will flesh out the universe they're part of.

It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
-Jacob (Lost)

(in reply to Cyberleader)
Post #: 11
Ignore AVP series - 28/2/2012 8:21:20 AM   
Templars27

Scott needs to make Alien scary again for thesame reasons the original scared audiences when released in 1979. Ignoring the dumbed-down and BBFC

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Guy Pearce's Prometheus Role Revealed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI