Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Joel Kinnaman Offered Robocop

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Joel Kinnaman Offered Robocop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Joel Kinnaman Offered Robocop - 25/2/2012 9:52:01 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Dredd is the future of law enforcement... - 25/2/2012 9:52:01 AM   
danbo1138

...and you know it creep!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 25/2/2012 10:33:02 AM   
shitneck

Let's hope Pinocchio, sorry, Peter Weller, won't have the nuts to offer him tips on acting.

Post #: 3
Different Style - 25/2/2012 12:23:49 PM   
spark1

will it be a suit or mo cap for robo this time?

Post #: 4
- 25/2/2012 1:36:23 PM   
bnicholson50

Get the remake right or there will be........ Trouble

Post #: 5
RE: - 25/2/2012 3:47:02 PM   
King of Kafiristan

I don't really know enough about this actor to pass judgement on this potential casting, but as I've stated before with regards to the ROBOCOP remake, the director is in some ways the only thing that matters. Unless they can rope Aronofsky back in, or find a director possessed of a similarly unique vision, this will be a pointless cash grab.

(in reply to bnicholson50)
Post #: 6
RE: RE: - 25/2/2012 4:06:22 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Be interesting how RoboCops appearance will look in this mooted remake.
Are they going to change the appearance altogether or are they going to do a 'Nolan' style look ie based on realism over fantasy.
Supose it all depends on script,budget and ,more importantly , director.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 7
RE: F**k you're remake - 25/2/2012 4:38:04 PM   
Spaldron

They can fuck right off with this bullshit, remaking one of the greatest sci-fi actioners and Verhoven's best film should be illegal. Make no mistake this is as stupid as remaking The Thing. Guaranteed it'll be a PG-13 with no swearing and no blood with a stupid CGI robo-suit with a rocket pack attached.

GET SOME NEW IDEAS AND STOP PISSING ALL OVER CLASSIC MOVIES YOU CUNTS!!!!!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 8
Waste of time!! - 25/2/2012 4:38:50 PM   
Ramone87

The original Robocop is a masterpiece!! They will not top or let alone equal it; waste of money and time!!

Post #: 9
RE: RE: - 25/2/2012 4:45:51 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Are they going to change the appearance altogether or are they going to do a 'Nolan' style look ie based on realism over fantasy.

It's a good question. In the run up to principal photography, Peter Weller had painstakingly developed a philosophy of robo movement based on Japanese dance that he intended to use in his portrayal of Robocop. When he got on set though, he found the costume so restricting that he could barely breath, and after production was shut down for a day, Weller was forced to abandon his original plans and adopt the stiffly robotic walk that has since become so iconic. While my preference is usually for practical effects blended with CGI, I do wonder if a fully MoCap robo suit in this sequel might allow for a new style of movement from the character - but perhaps they'll just seek to redo what's been done before, who knows..

Post #: 10
RE: RE: - 25/2/2012 4:58:26 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

quote:

It's a good question. In the run up to principal photography, Peter Weller had painstakingly developed a philosophy of robo movement based on Japanese dance that he intended to use in his portrayal of Robocop. When he got on set though, he found the costume so restricting that he could barely breath, and after production was shut down for a day, Weller was forced to abandon his original plans and adopt the stiffly robotic walk that has since become so iconic. While my preference is usually for practical effects blended with CGI, I do wonder if a fully MoCap robo suit in this sequel might allow for a new style of movement from the character - but perhaps they'll just seek to redo what's been done before, who knows..

Interesting.
Personally deep down I wouldnt want them to remake Robocop or touch the character,but we know what Hollywood is like.
If its a complete turkey of a remake then it just makes the original come across as a far greater piece of originality sci-fi-action.
If its succesfull/great film,well...
And lets be honest Robocop2/3 were pretty poor IMO.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 11
RE: Joel Kinnaman Offered Robocop - 25/2/2012 5:44:43 PM   
BabsyBuck

From what I've seen of Kinnaman he's very talented.
He was excellent in The Killing and his moments in The Girl With The Dragon tattoo.

However, not keen that they're doing a remake. why not a movie inspired by robocop's narrative?

It's probably japanese....yeah no it's definitely japanese

"I'm trying to be fucking romantic here! Asshole!"

Post #: 12
RE: RE: - 25/2/2012 6:17:11 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

quote:

Interesting.
Personally deep down I wouldnt want them to remake Robocop or touch the character,but we know what Hollywood is like.
If its a complete turkey of a remake then it just makes the original come across as a far greater piece of originality sci-fi-action.
If its succesfull/great film,well...
And lets be honest Robocop2/3 were pretty poor IMO.

Yes, I'm with you, unless they have a compelling reason for a remake (as I imagine Aronofsky would have had, when he was involved), I'd rather it not happen at all.

BTW: I actually think ROBOCOP 2 is OK. It's a film that has no reason to exist, but at least tonally it's in line with ROBOCOP. I find it to be fairly entertaining while also freely admitting that, yes, it is ultimately unsatisfying.

Post #: 13
RE: F**k you're remake - 25/2/2012 10:55:40 PM   
ED-209

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

They can fuck right off with this bullshit, remaking one of the greatest sci-fi actioners and Verhoven's best film should be illegal. Make no mistake this is as stupid as remaking The Thing. Guaranteed it'll be a PG-13 with no swearing and no blood with a stupid CGI robo-suit with a rocket pack attached.

What he said

In fact, whoever thought it was a good idea to remake THE greatest movie ever (IMHO) should be shot in the privates, then doused in toxic waste before being thrown out of a tall office building.

< Message edited by ED-209 -- 25/2/2012 10:58:57 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 14
RE: Fuck your remake, motherfuckers! - 25/2/2012 10:58:04 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: ED-209

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

What he said

This

Meanwhile...

(in reply to ED-209)
Post #: 15
RE: Fuck your remake, motherfuckers! - 26/2/2012 11:36:10 AM   
horribleives

I never understand why people get so upset about their favourite movies being re-made - as terrible as most of them are, they have no bearing on the quality of the original. If anything they make you appreciate them more. Why not just not watch them? Works for me.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 16
RE: Fuck your remake, motherfuckers! - 26/2/2012 11:51:38 AM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I never understand why people get so upset about their favourite movies being re-made - as terrible as most of them are, they have no bearing on the quality of the original. If anything they make you appreciate them more. Why not just not watch them? Works for me.

Why you speak so much sense? This is the thread for RIGHTEOUS ANGER. I'm not against remakes either.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 17
2nd Chance - 26/2/2012 12:58:28 PM   
spark1

sounds like a chance to erase the stain of the sequels and reboot a fascinating concept for the 21st century.

Post #: 18
RE: Fuck your remake, motherfuckers! - 26/2/2012 1:40:02 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I want to have your babies.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 19
RE: Joel Kinnaman Offered Robocop - 26/2/2012 1:58:16 PM   
Rebenectomy

Well said horribleives.

Also while we're at it, can we show a bit of sense in the subject title. While we do allow swearing on the boards, we ask that it not be excessive, and some of the more aggressive terms are bound to be off putting to casual visitors.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 20
RE: Joel Kinnaman Offered Robocop - 26/2/2012 3:14:33 PM   
Rgirvan44

I find it hilarious you are all getting SO ANGRY about a Robocop remake. Between two sequels, a kids tv series, two seperate cartoons and a four movie miniseries, the Robocop franchise has been crushed in nothing already.

Here is a guy who has made some impressive films, who will likely being a Blomkamp feel to the movie, and might offer something interesting.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 21
RE: Joel Kinnaman Offered Robocop - 26/2/2012 4:20:44 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I find it hilarious you are all getting SO ANGRY about a Robocop remake. Between two sequels, a kids tv series, two seperate cartoons and a four movie miniseries, the Robocop franchise has been crushed in nothing already.

Here is a guy who has made some impressive films, who will likely being a Blomkamp feel to the movie, and might offer something interesting.

Heres hoping

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 22
I say - 26/2/2012 5:48:57 PM   
nybras

A reboot is a good idea, as long as it's violent, gritty and 18 and over viewing. The first one is still a classic, but the second and third movie and kids show were just awful even from a humorous side.

Post #: 23
RE: I say - 26/2/2012 9:10:38 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: nybras

as long as it's violent, gritty and 18 and over viewing

Why?

(in reply to nybras)
Post #: 24
What's the fuss? - 4/3/2012 8:57:47 AM   
kittybinks

Big deal someone wants to remake a movie! Albeit a good movie, powerful imagery, brutal in it's execution of it's hero, it is non-the-less dated, cheesy and tagged onto it's sequels, if this doesn't prove the law of diminishing returns, in terms of quality nothing does. Treated to a new treatment, hopefully veering away from falling into the same traps as its predesessor it might actually be good!

Post #: 25
RE: What's the fuss? - 6/3/2012 1:18:03 PM   
TheMadFatChickKiller

They should do a kiddie friendly version, and give him a kid to look after. Oh, wait, they did that in an episode of 'The Simpsons'.

It's my way, or the highway...

(in reply to kittybinks)
Post #: 26
RE: What's the fuss? - 6/3/2012 3:00:04 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheMadFatChickKiller

They should do a kiddie friendly version, and give him a kid to look after. Oh, wait, they did that in an episode of 'The Simpsons'.

And in Robocop 3.

(in reply to TheMadFatChickKiller)
Post #: 27
RE: What's the fuss? - 6/3/2012 4:00:54 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82
quote:

ORIGINAL: TheMadFatChickKiller

And in Robocop 3.

Massive lol.

God, that film is shit.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 28
RE: Different Style - 6/3/2012 4:43:51 PM   
Vitamin F

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

will it be a suit or mo cap for robo this time?

I have a horrible vision of this just being an Ironman clone without the flying if it goes cgi/mo cap...

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Joel Kinnaman Offered Robocop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI