Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Sam Mendes Posts First Skyfall Blog

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sam Mendes Posts First Skyfall Blog Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sam Mendes Posts First Skyfall Blog - 22/2/2012 10:03:47 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 22/2/2012 10:03:47 AM   
ronniem

Bring it on. I love that they're not spilling the beans plot-wise...we wanna be pleasantly surprised in theatres...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
The Plot Thickens... - 22/2/2012 10:17:16 AM   
BenTramer

Skyfall? Is this about the end of Rupert Murdoch? Thought they'd already done him in Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post #: 3
Flashman - 22/2/2012 1:50:43 PM   
Frank Comiskey

I am confused why one of the most financially successful film franchise ever, (spanning 50 years), films for three months in the UK, does a second unit in China, and will only be going on location to Turkey.

Bond is a larger-than-life preposterous fantasy, that is why we love it, this all has the whiff of art-house bargain basement, and I am sure that if the producers or Sam Mendes could merely afford to go holidays to London, The Highlands or another reported location, Bognor Regis, that they too, would understand the craving for a two-hour fantastical fix of gloss & glamour............am I alone in questioning the "super-exciting" new direction that merely seems to be a copy of Jason Bourne?

Post #: 4
good to see - 22/2/2012 2:20:09 PM   
leroythemasochist

Gary Powell in the shot in London looking all hard as nails.
At least they've got the proper bloke doing all the thumping and jumping.
My jury's out on this as yet - but then that's hardly surprising as they've hardly shot much.
And I agree, I don't want to know the whole plot. It's nice to have a mystery at the movies once in a while.

Post #: 5
Gotta be better than 'Quantum of Solace'. - 22/2/2012 5:37:15 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Mendes? Always good!
Daniel Craig? Can be good. Well, if he stops his current trend of acting like Jason Bourne in every film.
Will it be better than the last film, crumb of comfort? It better be! The last one was awful. It was the Bourne Supremacy featuring James Bond. It 'homaged' everything, even the ending.
Mendes, I have faith in you!

Post #: 6
Gotta be better than 'Quantum of Solace'. - 22/2/2012 5:37:23 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Mendes? Always good!
Daniel Craig? Can be good. Well, if he stops his current trend of acting like Jason Bourne in every film.
Will it be better than the last film, crumb of comfort? It better be! The last one was awful. It was the Bourne Supremacy featuring James Bond. It 'homaged' everything, even the ending.

Post #: 7
Gotta be better than 'Quantum of Solace'. - 22/2/2012 5:37:38 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Mendes? Always good!

Post #: 8
Gotta be better than 'Quantum of Solace'. - 22/2/2012 5:37:55 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Mendes? Always good!

Post #: 9
Gotta be better than 'Quantum of Solace'. - 22/2/2012 5:38:14 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Mendes? Always good!

Post #: 10
Gotta be better than 'Quantum of Solace'. - 22/2/2012 5:38:37 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Mendes? Always good!

Post #: 11
Gotta be better than 'Quantum of Solace'. - 22/2/2012 5:40:26 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Mendes? Always good!

Post #: 12
Gotta be better than 'Quantum of Solace'. - 22/2/2012 5:56:34 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Mendes? Always good!

Post #: 13
RE: Flashman - 22/2/2012 10:25:29 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Comiskey

I am confused why one of the most financially successful film franchise ever, (spanning 50 years), films for three months in the UK, does a second unit in China, and will only be going on location to Turkey.

Bond is a larger-than-life preposterous fantasy, that is why we love it, this all has the whiff of art-house bargain basement, and I am sure that if the producers or Sam Mendes could merely afford to go holidays to London, The Highlands or another reported location, Bognor Regis, that they too, would understand the craving for a two-hour fantastical fix of gloss & glamour............am I alone in questioning the "super-exciting" new direction that merely seems to be a copy of Jason Bourne?

The vast majority of Russia With Love takes place exclusively in the UK and Turkey (with a tiny bit in Greece, and some interiors set in Russia). It is considered by many to be the finest Bond film of all time.

Look, it's James Bond, not THE AMAZING RACE. They're doing extensive location photography in Turkey, and I couldn't be more psyched. Bond, back on the Orient Express after all these years! Just because Bond isn't traveling to South America, Australia and Antarctica too doesn't mean this won't be a true globe trotting adventure. I like that events will be focused, rather than having Bond jet around just for the sake of it. Despite what you may desire, the approach of the series is no longer one of "preposterous fantasy". If that's what you're looking for, I'm certain Roger Moore already has that covered for you.

Anyway, that videoblog was aces. The glimpses we saw of Craig in action were astounding, and Mendes said all the right things. I truly think they're approaching this exactly correctly, and that when the 007th of November rolls around, we'll (or at least those not belonging to the 'Craig Not Bond!' forum) all be singing the praises of one of the finest Bond movies ever to grace the silver screen.

PS My favorite Bond novel I've read thus far took place entirely in England. That book was MOONRAKER.

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 22/2/2012 10:27:16 PM >

(in reply to Frank Comiskey)
Post #: 14
Movie Magic - 23/2/2012 11:19:41 AM   
spark1

they got away with passing off the north of england for cuba and east germany when filming OP in '82.

Post #: 15
Gotta be better than Quantum of Solace! - 23/2/2012 5:46:55 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Mendes? Always good!
Daniel Craig? Can be good. Well, if he stops his habit of always acting like he's Matt Damon from The Bourne Supremacy.
Better than the last Bond, Crumb of Comfort? It better be!
No excuses, Mendes!

Post #: 16
RE: Sam Mendes Posts First Skyfall Blog - 24/2/2012 2:52:05 PM   
Adam James

I'm actually quite looking forward to this despite it not having the usual exotic locations that we normally associate with Bond. If anything it might help make the series even grittier than it was in the last two - which in my opinion is definitely the right direction to be going in.

I just hope that after Skyfall they get back on track with the Quantum storyline.

Post #: 17
RE: Sam Mendes Posts First Skyfall Blog - 24/2/2012 2:57:47 PM   
JIm R

Genuinely think this will be all kinds of awesome.

(in reply to Adam James)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sam Mendes Posts First Skyfall Blog Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI