Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

John Leguizamo Is 'Del Boy' Trotter

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> John Leguizamo Is 'Del Boy' Trotter Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
John Leguizamo Is 'Del Boy' Trotter - 21/2/2012 3:39:52 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Utter Buttcheeks - 21/2/2012 3:39:53 PM   
TOPOI

Why don't they remake Sanford & Son - the US remake of Steptoe & Son - with John Hamm as Harold & Megan Fox as Albert. She's a wicked gurner...This just sounds like horseshit...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
WHAT THE FUCK!!! - 21/2/2012 4:01:01 PM   
retranimator

How about Keanu Reeves for Trigger, Jamie Fox as Denzel and Jeff Bridges as Uncle Albert?
And how about Alec Baldwin as Boiciey?

Post #: 3
RE: WHAT THE FUCK!!! - 21/2/2012 4:33:03 PM   
femalebodyinspector

This sucks camel dick. truly. This has to fail. Empire......do not review this TV series in future issues and dont even show anymore news relating to this bag of toss. I feel like Mr Angry from mystery men, this the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

Why dont they get Michael Bay to direct it with charecters called Diego and Randy, and they can show them driving in a three wheel, big rimmed, zero emmision electric mustang in california with an over saturated dusk setting in california in super slo mo.....THIS IS HORSESHIT!

(in reply to retranimator)
Post #: 4
- 21/2/2012 4:33:26 PM   
Cyberleader

I was talking about this bull***t this morning at university. I said that I bet they make all the cast look pretty, that it's all set in new York and there's tons of square jaws, big boobs and fashion statement suits. And I was, surprise, surprise, right. The people making this? I s***t on their faces. At the very least they could have had a Joe Pesci style Del boy. That would have been good.

Post #: 5
RE: WHAT THE FUCK!!! - 21/2/2012 4:35:56 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: femalebodyinspector

This sucks camel dick. truly. This has to fail. Empire......do not review this TV series in future issues and dont even show anymore news relating to this bag of toss. I feel like Mr Angry from mystery men, this the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

Why dont they get Michael Bay to direct it with charecters called Diego and Randy, and they can show them driving in a three wheel, big rimmed, zero emmision electric mustang in california with an over saturated dusk setting in california in super slo mo.....THIS IS HORSESHIT!

It's only fools and horseshit

(in reply to femalebodyinspector)
Post #: 6
This is bullshit, and I never even really liked Only Fo... - 21/2/2012 4:38:38 PM   
TheJackMan23

That's right, I've never really been a huge fan, despite being British. BUT I do appreciate that it set the bar for sitcoms and this Americanization will not work. Okay, so The Office and Shameless both worked (I much prefer The US Office to David Brent & Co) but The Office and Shameless are not dependent on so many British-specific things. I really do not see this working.

Post #: 7
This is bullsh*t, and I never even really liked Only Fo... - 21/2/2012 4:39:00 PM   
TheJackMan23

That's right, I've never really been a huge fan, despite being British. BUT I do appreciate that it set the bar for sitcoms and this Americanization will not work. Okay, so The Office and Shameless both worked (I much prefer The US Office to David Brent & Co) but The Office and Shameless are not dependent on so many British-specific things. I really do not see this working.

Post #: 8
RE: Only Fools and Horseshit - 21/2/2012 4:40:38 PM   
Spaldron

Bwahahahahaha! Can't wait to see what the American version of "Plonker" will be, what a fucking joke.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to TheJackMan23)
Post #: 9
RE: WHAT THE FUCK!!! - 21/2/2012 4:44:46 PM   
femalebodyinspector

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: femalebodyinspector

It's only fools and horseshit

mange tout randy....mange tout

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 10
NOOO WAAAYYY!!! - 21/2/2012 5:11:06 PM   
sam fringo

I also hear they're making an inbetweeners US remake,
Dear America, Stick to your own f***ing shows

Post #: 11
NOOO WAAAYYY!!! - 21/2/2012 5:11:08 PM   
sam fringo

I also hear they're making an inbetweeners US remake,
Dear America, Stick to your own f***ing shows

Post #: 12
Let them try - 21/2/2012 5:25:05 PM   
StonedJohn

A lot of anger here which I don't think should be the reaction really. Frankly they producers seem to have set themselves up for a fall. Its not like this will affect our memories of David Jason and co.

If by some miracle they do manage to pull it off they'll have created a show that will be successful in its own right for whatever reason, simply because, as the angry folks above have pointed out - you can't really americanise something so obviously British.

And if American producers do need to look to our shores for inspiration they could do a lot worse than trying to recreate Only Fools and Horses. Fair play and best of luck I say. The work is certainly cut out for them!

Post #: 13
Steak Meal, Guaranteed! - 21/2/2012 5:26:22 PM   
BeerMoth

Fabrique Belgique!

Post #: 14
can't sit still when my knee is jerking so much - 21/2/2012 5:33:32 PM   
Dr Science

blah blah unoriginal, blah blah sacred, blah blah trashy americans blah blah...

1. american TV has consistently shat all over british TV output for at least 20 years now - especially their comedies

2. all creative endeavours are derivative to some extent. Flintstones was based on the honeymooners, and the simpsons was based on the flintstones and family guy was based on the simpsons. The US Ofice has done well, and so has shameless.

3. Does it really matter? This is an american TV project - if it's shit it won't make it past the pilot, and even if it is good it will be lucky to get more than a season. The US Men Behaving Badly failed. The US Red Dwarf failed. My life was unaffected.

Post #: 15
RE: John Leguizamo Is 'Del Boy' Trotter - 21/2/2012 5:42:37 PM   
Adam James

David Jason is right - this is NEVER going to work!

I don't see it getting past the pilot. :S

Dipsticks! LOL

Post #: 16
RE: John Leguizamo Is 'Del Boy' Trotter - 21/2/2012 5:44:56 PM   
Adam James

David Jason is right - this is NEVER going to work!

Dipsticks!

Post #: 17
RE: John Leguizamo Is 'Del Boy' Trotter - 21/2/2012 5:50:39 PM   
Adam James

[Sorry guys - repeat post removed]

< Message edited by Adam James -- 21/2/2012 5:52:34 PM >

Post #: 18
RE: Let them try - 21/2/2012 6:25:37 PM   
femalebodyinspector

quote:

ORIGINAL: StonedJohn

A lot of anger here which I don't think should be the reaction really. Frankly they producers seem to have set themselves up for a fall. Its not like this will affect our memories of David Jason and co.

If by some miracle they do manage to pull it off they'll have created a show that will be successful in its own right for whatever reason, simply because, as the angry folks above have pointed out - you can't really americanise something so obviously British.

And if American producers do need to look to our shores for inspiration they could do a lot worse than trying to recreate Only Fools and Horses. Fair play and best of luck I say. The work is certainly cut out for them!

But why? Why cant they take it on face value, they obviously like it enough to remake it so why dont they just show it as it is? thats why people are getting itchy feet with it. It's 100% perecent prime british beef and was of a certain place and era in Britain. I understand that to some that might be pretty narrow minded, and there probably is an argument to suggest theres a time and place in the US for this, but some things should be left alone, as we all know!! Thats my opinion anyway and I wont be wasting my time, good or bad. They remake so many TV shows in the US, and It's only becasue they cant understand a regional accent, they cant be assed reading subtitles or they think aint got enough ideas and they think they can do better. British TV doesn't remake The Wire, or Boardwalk Empire, or Seinfeld or Dexter etc....why? because its seriously good shit and we get it and we understand their culture a little (allbeit TV exagerrates it to Nth degree at times), and rightly so as it would be very unlikely that we could even touch them. If they did, I would rant at that as well.

If they'd of said "we are taking inspiration from"......then that would be a different story, good luck. But they arent, it's a remake...well, me no likey.

(in reply to StonedJohn)
Post #: 19
Meh... - 21/2/2012 7:07:30 PM   
Jon 79

I think he'd make a better Micky Pearce.

Post #: 20
RE: Meh... - 21/2/2012 7:17:15 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Goodfellas meets The Sopranos meets Only Fools And Horses,sorted lol.

(in reply to Jon 79)
Post #: 21
- 21/2/2012 10:18:14 PM   
Deacon Frost

Bonnet da douche!!

Post #: 22
RE: - 21/2/2012 11:56:22 PM   
horribleives

I reckon this could work. Add Morgan Freeman as Grandad and the indian lad out of Harold & Kumar as Rodney and we got ourselves a show!
(Though my mate's suggestion of Mackenzie Crook as Cassandra should be treated with the utmost caution).

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Deacon Frost)
Post #: 23
- 22/2/2012 12:19:16 AM   
Whistler

It just seems like an odd choice of show to Americanise. I mean, I can understand why they've done things like The Office, Skins and Misfits; because they're current and popular, but OFAH is distinctly British and distinctly of its time. The humour worked back then and it's had a few decades to earn that "classic" status. I just don't see how this will work, how will they make it contemporary? Anyhoo, I guess it always deserves a chance...

Post #: 24
Could work... - 22/2/2012 8:02:09 AM   
Cookiedough

I'm going to add my tuppence worth and say this could work! The humour is incredibly British as are the characters, but the concept is totally transferable. Two brothers, plus Uncle / Grandad selling dodgy goods and getting into scrapes. One thing the US is really good at is representing the family set up in sitcom form. Plus John Leguizamo is an all round entertainer who can 'do' silly and irrelevance perfectly. Plus he's got a bit of an edge, which could work in his favour.

Post #: 25
RE: This is bullsh*t, and I never even really liked Onl... - 22/2/2012 8:48:17 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheJackMan23

I disagree; I think The Office and especially Shameless are quintessentially British in their themes and I think they worked; they are not carbon copy remakes of the UK originals and thats the key. If Only Fools US Version *shudders a little* is a word for word remake of the UK version then it will suck worse than an 80 year old whore; however given that the Scrubs team are behind it, the legend that is John Leguizamo is on board then colour me curious!!

< Message edited by waltham1979 -- 22/2/2012 8:49:03 AM >

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to TheJackMan23)
Post #: 26
RE: This is bullsh*t, and I never even really liked Onl... - 22/2/2012 9:19:08 AM   
DazDaMan

I was never a fan of the original, but this is setting itself up to be similar to the US version of Spaced - shit.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 27
Only Sphincters & Latinos - 22/2/2012 10:13:48 AM   
BenTramer

Del Boy will probably be renamed Jose Dude or something crap like that. They'll steal all the best bits (Batman & Robin, The Chandelier, Del Boy falling through the bar) while having irritating canned laughter playing over everything.

Post #: 28
Could Work - 22/2/2012 10:24:57 AM   
spark1

if they do it without a laff track then it might work.
but US has already done this show as 'how to get ahead in america'.

f y i 'man about the house' and its spin offs were all remade in US.

Post #: 29
UK TV Remakes - 22/2/2012 10:27:34 AM   
spark1

also itv/carlton did some really bad remakes of US shows in the 90s.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> John Leguizamo Is 'Del Boy' Trotter Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI