Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/1/2013 1:12:51 PM   
Chief

I quite liked S2 but I think they should leave it there.

There was no cliff hanger or major loose ends to tie up, call it a day and finish on a high.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 241
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/1/2013 1:26:15 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

There was no cliff hanger or major loose ends to tie up, call it a day and finish on a high.

Who framed Brody?
Who's the mole in the CIA?
How does Brody clear his name?

Pretty big loose ends that I definitely want tied up

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 242
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/1/2013 1:36:16 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

"I did make that tape when I was planning to blow up something else, but I didn't blow up Langley, I swear."

Was Brody given a deal (even if Estes was going to kill him anyways) if the info he provided lead to Nazir?

For all this seasons faults and stupid stupid plot turns, (I never really bought the romance between Carrie and Brody) there were moments, usually from Lewis, that just made me realise why I love this show. His reaction to the news of Nazir's death for one, running the gamut of emotions.

And as always there's Saul, who summed up Carrie and ironically the show best this year "You're the smartest and the dumbest fucking person/show I know."

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 243
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/1/2013 11:20:06 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I gotta say, I was kinda hoping both Carrie and Brody would disappear, thujs paving the way for a brand new story with Saul at the helm. Rupert Friends character could also come back.

It would give Claire Danes time to spend with her new baby and Damien Lewis a chance to take on a couple of lucrative movie roles.

And then, in season four, they could be brought back depending on the demands of the new story, if necessary...

What the hell happened to his character!? Suddenly becomes a "good guy" defending Brody? Presume he must be kicking himself now after the bomb in Brody's car, I doubt he'll be back

So... he got a crisis of conscience, he didn't kill Brody and now shitloads of people are dead because he mistakenly thinks he failed to act when he was ordered to. He comes back into the fold, determined to do the right thing ( just like Carrie had guilt over 9/11) gets involved in a brand new mission and then, at some point, Brody re-appears...

Wow, this shit writes itself!

Say what now?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 244
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/1/2013 12:30:12 AM   
paul_lfc

Thinking about it wouldnt Quinn of been in deep trouble just for insubordination alone? its an order from the director of the CIA.....never mind entering his house and threatening to kill him, or do Quinns ilk answer to nobody?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 245
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/1/2013 12:36:01 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_lfc

Thinking about it wouldnt Quinn of been in deep trouble just for insubordination alone? its an order from the director of the CIA.....never mind entering his house and threatening to kill him, or do Quinns ilk answer to nobody?

I think Estes was the deputy director. But pedantry aside you're dead right. The whole season was full of holes like this.

I just done a googling and supposedly Quinn will be back

< Message edited by musht -- 8/1/2013 12:38:28 AM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to paul_lfc)
Post #: 246
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/1/2013 12:50:27 AM   
paul_lfc

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_lfc

I think Estes was the deputy director. But pedantry aside you're dead right. The whole season was full of holes like this.

I just done a googling and supposedly Quinn will be back

Oh the Deputy director, the director (like the president) must be having a long holiday :D

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 247
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/1/2013 1:28:44 PM   
discodave101

Errrr...you do realise that was a 'black ops' unofficial and illegal order right? That's why he could throw it back in Estes face with the threat. If it came out Estes career would be over, and he'd probably go to prison. I really don't consider that a plot hole or bad writing, but wholeheartedly admit there's been others.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to paul_lfc)
Post #: 248
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/1/2013 2:18:18 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Errrr...you do realise that was a 'black ops' unofficial and illegal order right? That's why he could throw it back in Estes face with the threat. If it came out Estes career would be over, and he'd probably go to prison. I really don't consider that a plot hole or bad writing, but wholeheartedly admit there's been others.

I would of thought there would have been some sort of backlash; even something from that dude Quinn met on the bus. Regardless of illegal orders I doubt black ops guys can get away with breaking into the deputy director of the CIA's house and threaten him.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 249
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/1/2013 2:37:45 PM   
discodave101

That WAS the whole point of the threat. To show Estes how easy it was for him to break in and threaten him and why he could get away with it, as well as how easily he could leak the info and ruin his career. He basically had him by the balls. Of course, there's no reason why Estes couldn't just turn round to the guy running the black ops and tell him he had a rogue agent, but pretty sure Rupert Friends character was prepared for that anyway. He is already pretty much living off the grid as was shown in one of the episodes.

I love it all, its classic black ops espionage stuff - right up my street.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 250
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/1/2013 3:12:09 PM   
musht

quote:

That WAS the whole point of the threat. To show Estes how easy it was for him to break in and threaten him and why he could get away with it, as well as how easily he could leak the info and ruin his career. He basically had him by the balls. Of course, there's no reason why Estes couldn't just turn round to the guy running the black ops and tell him he had a rogue agent, but pretty sure Rupert Friends character was prepared for that anyway. He is already pretty much living off the grid as was shown in one of the episodes.

I love it all, its classic black ops espionage stuff - right up my street.

This make sense but at the same time if it was an illegal black ops order than there surely wouldn't be documentation or proof that it was ever issued, therefore what can he leak?

Anyway it doesn't really matter because now Quinn is fucked as far as I can see. Dunno where they'll go with his character now, will he change his mind again and decide to hunt down Brody after all

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 251
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/1/2013 6:48:46 PM   
paul_lfc

quote:

Errrr...you do realise that was a 'black ops' unofficial and illegal order right?

And...? So a Black op can just report someone, that being the CIA deputy director for 'illegal orders'? To who? With what? Isnt that going against the point of being in Black Operations in the first place

Post #: 252
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 27/1/2013 10:15:00 PM   
Citizen Dildo

quote:

quote:

Who framed Brody?

I've just watched both seasons in the past few weeks, catching up on this thread. Re your questions above,

1. Nazir did, Brody was a patsy, Nazirs plan played out as he intended. Not sure how much more definitive that could be?
2. Why does there have to be a mole?
3. He can't.

Overall I enjoyed the show but the number of plot gaps towards the end just got ridiculous. For the story to ring true, Brody really had to die. Anything else is delving into the realms of Prison Break where the worlds most wanted fugitives roam the streets without challenge.

After a great season 1, season 2 was not so far removed from typical 24 fare. Not the biggest insult, but Homeland is nowhere near the class of Breaking Bad or Mad Men for me.

Having said all that, I'll tune in for season 3, if only for more from the superb Inyigo Montoya.....sorry Saul "the Bear" Berensen!

Why would anyone ever wanna leave Baltimore?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 253
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 27/1/2013 10:39:36 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Citizen Dildo

quote:

quote:

Who framed Brody?

I've just watched both seasons in the past few weeks, catching up on this thread. Re your questions above,

1. Nazir did, Brody was a patsy, Nazirs plan played out as he intended. Not sure how much more definitive that could be?
2. Why does there have to be a mole?
3. He can't.

Overall I enjoyed the show but the number of plot gaps towards the end just got ridiculous. For the story to ring true, Brody really had to die. Anything else is delving into the realms of Prison Break where the worlds most wanted fugitives roam the streets without challenge.

After a great season 1, season 2 was not so far removed from typical 24 fare. Not the biggest insult, but Homeland is nowhere near the class of Breaking Bad or Mad Men for me.

Having said all that, I'll tune in for season 3, if only for more from the superb Inyigo Montoya.....sorry Saul "the Bear" Berensen!

We were told there's a mole, there was definitely a reason why they suspected there was a mole I just can't remember ... also it's the kind of thing the producers would throw in there. If there's no mole I'll be disappointed.

I really hope there's more to it than Abu Nazir planted the bomb, how would he have done so and to what aim? Is that it, his terrorist cell is disbanded, mission accomplished. Makes no sense.

Nowhere near as good as those shows (admittedly haven't seen much of BB). Second season really did drop the ball, the plot holes were ridiculous - "I'm just going to stay here with this unarmed CIA crazy lady to check out this "wall" you other 5 armed military dudes go on ahead we'll catch up with you."

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Citizen Dildo)
Post #: 254
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/10/2013 7:33:08 AM   
jonson

Bit of a slow start to the season. No idea what time has passed since Series 2 (something like 58 days since Langley is mentioned) but the kids have both aged at least a year.
I knew Saul would blame Carrie, not that he had much choice but I don't like the chairman one bit, so he's the new bad guy for me.
I also expected Brody to pay a surprise visit at the end, no idea how or why, a phone call, turning up outside the window to whisk Carrie away, but it looks like we're going to wait a bit for him.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 255
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/10/2013 10:37:36 AM   
paulyboy

Quite enjoyed the first episode back, a low-key affair but well acted none the less.

Perhaps I'm a bit of a cold-hearted bastard, but I've spent two seasons screaming at the TV when Carrie does something stupid (most episodes), so I'm not quite as sympathetic to her cause as perhaps I should be. Sucks that Saul seems to be throwing her to the wolves, but he's between a rock and a hard place, unless there's a bigger plan afoot.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 256
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/10/2013 1:14:43 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

Quite enjoyed the first episode back, a low-key affair but well acted none the less.

Perhaps I'm a bit of a cold-hearted bastard, but I've spent two seasons screaming at the TV when Carrie does something stupid (most episodes), so I'm not quite as sympathetic to her cause as perhaps I should be. Sucks that Saul seems to be throwing her to the wolves, but he's between a rock and a hard place, unless there's a bigger plan afoot.

I reckon that by throwing her to the wolves, he knows that she will now do everything to find Brody. He wouldn't do that to her without there being a bigger plan. The fact that the CIA thought getting these 6 targets would stop the heat on them is a bit naive tho, that to me was the weakest part of the opening episode.

Still some of the best acting on TV though!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 257
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/10/2013 2:19:32 PM   
Sinatra

I got bored... and what is it about the fucking daughter getting so much screen time? it's really starting to spoil the show. Just fuck off luv and bleed out next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

unless there's a bigger plan afoot

Yes, I think he wants a reaction out of her... time will tell. That chairman is a cunt though.

And I'll never trust Saul's new best mate... I still haven't forgiven him for killing Mozart!

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 258
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 8/10/2013 8:27:36 PM   
Mister Coe

Yay, this thread has re-appeared!

And the frequent trailers on C4 gave FAR too much away...

Whatever... I just hope that Saul has a plan in mind because if he didn't, what a shitty thing to do to Carrie!

Say what now?

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 259
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 9/10/2013 1:53:10 PM   
blackduck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

and what is it about the fucking daughter getting so much screen time? it's really starting to spoil the show. Just fuck off luv and bleed out next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good, not just me thinking that then. Don't know why she can't be more like her brother and just blend in and leave the acting to the grown ups.
My third most hated character on telly (Joffery in Game of Thrones and Rusty in Major crimes incase you're wondering...but you're probally not)

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 260
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 9/10/2013 2:35:23 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

My third most hated character on telly (Joffery in Game of Thrones and Rusty in Major crimes incase you're wondering...but you're probally not)

I hate Joffrey the character, because he is so evil, but to be fair, he's brilliant.
Rusty in major crimes was the most annoying twattish turd of a kid, moaning and irresponsible, that was the storyline that seriously made me give up watching the programme. That and the fact she looked weird without her glasses.

I'm guessing the daughter is ready for a big storyline in Homeland. The texting her tits bit can't just be a writer perv moment so perhaps the boyfriend is going to be the new bad guy. Or perhaps indeed it's filler for the lack of Brody action.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 261
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 9/10/2013 2:41:24 PM   
Cool Breeze

Good start to the season and Saul throwing Carrie '' under a bus '' was a shocker but i guess she has left him no choice.

Oh and count me in on the Brodys daughter hate.Cant fucking stand her.Im actually an episode ahead on RTE and her story gets even worse.Writers, PLEASE KILL HER OFF!!!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 262
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 10/10/2013 2:40:53 PM   
Sinatra

And she has overly bushy eyebrows!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 263
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 10/10/2013 3:25:59 PM   
Cool Breeze

Looks like were not the only ones who hate the Dana character...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2449239/Homeland-fans-want-Brodys-suicidal-teenage-daughter-Dana-killed-show.html

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 264
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 10/10/2013 5:13:54 PM   
Sinatra

Oh dear God, I may have to stop watching.... shame.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 265
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 10/10/2013 8:41:43 PM   
Mister Coe

So, the teenage daughter became all petulant and annoying... um, isn't that most teenage girls?

The deeply annoying and spoiler-y trailer gave away an interesting plot point that might make her interesting again...

Say what now?

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 266
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 11/10/2013 2:25:00 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

So, the teenage daughter became all petulant and annoying... um, isn't that most teenage girls?

The deeply annoying and spoiler-y trailer gave away an interesting plot point that might make her interesting again...

Linky please?

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 267
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 11/10/2013 2:29:49 PM   
paul_ie86

I don't get all this Dana hate. She's one of the more interesting characters on the show.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 268
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 11/10/2013 4:21:47 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

I don't get all this Dana hate. She's one of the more interesting characters on the show.

Absolutely.

It's the same as the 'Skyler's a bitch' brigade.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 269
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 11/10/2013 8:52:23 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

Linky please?

Here you are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfHw6IJxDyQ

Say what now?

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI