Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 13/12/2012 12:01:08 PM   
indysgill

So now the veep is almost certainly gone, is Estees next?

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 211
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 13/12/2012 6:21:02 PM   
paul_lfc

I bet The VP will be alive, really original plot device I know

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 212
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 13/12/2012 6:31:19 PM   
superdan

Dial-a--heart attack.

(in reply to paul_lfc)
Post #: 213
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 14/12/2012 1:03:03 PM   
will1000

I think I shall refer to this show as 'Carrie Gets Told Not To Do Stuff But Does It Anyway', because that's pretty much her character these days!

I watch Homeland every week, but so much of this series is filler. The daughter subplot is just horrible. The actress who plays her is terrible and I couldn't care less about her and her spoilt rich kid boyfriend. I think someone (a super fan with an editting suite!) could take both series one and two and edit it down into one really tight and well paced season.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 214
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 14/12/2012 1:24:51 PM   
discodave101

Sorry to disagree with you all, but I've loved this season (apart from the 2 shop keeper killing episodes). I don't see the daughters story line as filler, although I can understand why some might feel this. I just thought it revealed more about all the characters and their relationships and helped to distance brody more from his wife. More importantly, it reinforced Brody's hatred of the Veep and his decisions. I agree though, it has gone from a complex, detailed, slow burning character study in season 1 to a bit more 24 in season 2. However, things like the Carrie/Nazir verbal exchange when she was captured was fantastic scripting....

There are some ridiculous parts and liberties being taken though, I admit. So Brody is turned by the CIA, blows his cover in the process of the arrest of the terrorists, and yet they DON'T bug his phone!?! So he gets those calls from Abu Nazir without anyone knowing? This is even when Saul and the others said they still don't trust brody?

Roll on next week. Its some thrilling entertainment this show.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 215
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 17/12/2012 1:38:06 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: will1000

I think I shall refer to this show as 'Carrie Gets Told Not To Do Stuff But Does It Anyway', because that's pretty much her character these days!

I watch Homeland every week, but so much of this series is filler. The daughter subplot is just horrible. The actress who plays her is terrible and I couldn't care less about her and her spoilt rich kid boyfriend. I think someone (a super fan with an editting suite!) could take both series one and two and edit it down into one really tight and well paced season.

That was pretty much last nights episode!

Cringe worthy moment for me was when the daughter has that strop over then milk and next moment the whole family is literally crying over spilt milk. Don't know if that was intentional by the writers or what.

paul_lfc, you lost that bet.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 216
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 17/12/2012 10:28:36 PM   
paul_lfc

Why isn't this on 4oD????is there a minimum delay but I'm sure I've watched them the day after broadcast before, I'm alone in the house and made specially made myself hot chocolate to watch this on my ipad in bed!!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 217
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 17/12/2012 11:19:23 PM   
Spectre

I watched the latest episode on 4od last night - it went up within 10 minutes of broadcast.

It's still there for me - Episode 11: In Memoriam.

< Message edited by Spectre -- 17/12/2012 11:20:30 PM >

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 218
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 17/12/2012 11:34:56 PM   
paul_lfc

No idea what the problem is, the last episode is 10 Broken Hearts, tried googling and seems nobody has he same problem, just me

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 219
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 18/12/2012 7:50:07 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spectre

It's still there for me - Episode 11: In Memoriam.

Quite a suitable title really, the episode when Homeland went stupid and really, had no other way back.
Although I enjoyed it, despite how fucking annoying it is, I'm looking forward to the last episode. Why did the FBI guy split up with his team, then not call them back when they found Hamza's lair, or how typical it was that his walkie-talkie had no reception? The gaping conveniences to keep the plot and storyline going are comical, but probably necessary. I thought this was a slightly more intelligent series when it was first aired, but I'm wondering if when they got the statistics back they thought they could pull more viewers in by aiming it at the 30-80 IQ range.
I guess it can go many ways, either they both escape (ready for the big search during Season 3) or Brody gets shot, Carrie goes wibble-wibble mad, or Carrie gets shot, Brody goes mad and dissapears, ready to exact revenge in Season 3 (with the now disgruntled Saul as his right hand man)
I'm still hoping (in a perverse kind of way, because I know I'll boot the TV in) that there's still a twist in the tail.

It's frustrating but so difficult not to love because it is acted out by all so well.
And someone might not be re-appearing again in Series 3, unless she shacks up with that Mike twonk.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Spectre)
Post #: 220
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 18/12/2012 10:19:54 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the final episode jonson.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 221
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 18/12/2012 12:55:34 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

with the now disgruntled Saul as his right hand man

It wouldn't make any sense if Saul was a mole, and even though I love this show, I think I would turn off if that turned out to be a twist.

I thought my theory about Danny was going to come true last night, but alas his car was empty. I am hoping Saul manages to get the better of estes in the finale.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 222
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 18/12/2012 2:19:47 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra
I am hoping Saul manages to get the better of estes in the finale.

Yeah, me too. I like Saul and he was treated really badly.
I really hope it's not left wide open at the end ready for a new series, that will really piss me off, although it is inevitable.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 223
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/12/2012 12:23:04 AM   
paul_lfc

Why was it necessary for Nazir to go to the US?

Is there a more pointless character in the history of television? All he does is play video games and eat cereal

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 224
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/12/2012 4:41:23 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_lfc

Is there a more pointless character in the history of television? All he does is play video games and eat cereal

So the FBI could kill him in the story lol. I still love this show and love the 24 feel which was sucha great show but there are some nonsensical plot holes now. Clive James in his tv review colomn quite rightly pointed out that you wouldn`t discuss top secret information on a mobile phone which could easily be traced and listened into that`s just the writers being lazy trying to move the story on as they can`t have people meeting in public every five minutes. Another thing that`s bugging me why is there s safe house run by the CIA in the middle of central Washington DC rather than somewhere quiet and not in the capital and how safe can it be and effective hiding them with no curtains and blinds and a penthouse style balcony they can all sit outside and be spied and shot at from? The wineing daughter was out there in the last episode. They might as well put them in a giant glass conservatory look there in hiding over there!

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to paul_lfc)
Post #: 225
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 24/12/2012 2:03:11 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_lfc

Last night even the gazelle said he wasn't eating and she was worried!

Wasn't expecting that ending to happen.

(in reply to paul_lfc)
Post #: 226
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 24/12/2012 4:01:42 PM   
spark1

looks like abu's plan came together after all.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 227
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 25/12/2012 7:01:56 PM   
Mute

I'm glad the bomb happened. The first half of that episode was the most boring that Homeland's ever been, though I did like what they did with Peter Quinn. But then they set up new and interesting places for the plot to go - it was nice to see Brody's video come back to bite him again and it's good they've got plans for the show without Abu Nazir. I really hope they're not building up to Saul being the mole though. I like him too much for him to be a terrorist.

PSN: blackout505

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 228
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 27/12/2012 2:42:56 PM   
mikeviper

just finished season 1 , when will season 2 be repeated on channel 4 or more 4 ,really want to watch . cheers guys

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 229
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 27/12/2012 5:23:55 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikeviper

just finished season 1 , when will season 2 be repeated on channel 4 or more 4 ,really want to watch . cheers guys

I presume it's on 4OD

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to mikeviper)
Post #: 230
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 27/12/2012 8:04:33 PM   
mikeviper

cant get the first 8/9 episodes

any idea if/when it all will be replayed ?

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 231
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 28/12/2012 11:04:00 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Disappointed by this season - a lot of stuff I just didn't care about and thought was ridiculous. Having Brody act frustrated and angry and scared into a tiny blackberry while on skype to Nazir was looked absolutely pathetic on screen.

The series' peak though was during that same episode when Nazir and Carrie were discussing his motives. It was such a short conversation but showed an insight into what this season could have been.

I'm still interested to see where this goes and it is still brilliantly acted and some of the character stuff is excellent.

< Message edited by Sumintelligentguy -- 28/12/2012 11:05:47 PM >

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 232
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 31/12/2012 10:45:26 AM   
Sinatra

I was a little disappointed with the season finale, but I loved season 2 on a whole.

Glad to see the back of Estes and it was a heart-breaking moment when Saul stood in that hall with all the bodies.

Best TV series by a mile.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 233
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 31/12/2012 6:31:28 PM   
will1000

Does anyone happen to know what it was Saul said in Arabic (I'm assuming that was the language) at the end of the finale?

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 234
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 31/12/2012 7:59:35 PM   
musht

quote:

Does anyone happen to know what it was Saul said in Arabic (I'm assuming that was the language) at the end of the finale?

I assumed it was either Hebrew or Yiddish

A quick google search and click on the first link that showed up tells me it is the Hebrew prayer for death

< Message edited by musht -- 31/12/2012 8:03:50 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 235
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 31/12/2012 8:50:52 PM   
will1000

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

I assumed it was either Hebrew or Yiddish

A quick google search and click on the first link that showed up tells me it is the Hebrew prayer for death

Oh good, I thought it might have been Arabic for "I'm glad you're all dead!" seeing as they seem to be going in the direction of Saul as a bad guy. For the record I hope they don't!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 236
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 2/1/2013 12:54:41 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

seeing as they seem to be going in the direction of Saul as a bad guy. For the record I hope they don't!

I didn't get that feeling at all... he was in pieces at the end, standing amoungst the bodies. He's not the bad guy.

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 237
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 2/1/2013 5:08:57 PM   
jcthefirst

No, he's not the mole. No chance.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 238
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 2/1/2013 11:28:10 PM   
Mister Coe

I gotta say, I was kinda hoping both Carrie and Brody would disappear, thujs paving the way for a brand new story with Saul at the helm. Rupert Friends character could also come back.

It would give Claire Danes time to spend with her new baby and Damien Lewis a chance to take on a couple of lucrative movie roles.

And then, in season four, they could be brought back depending on the demands of the new story, if necessary...

Say what now?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 239
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 2/1/2013 11:55:00 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I gotta say, I was kinda hoping both Carrie and Brody would disappear, thujs paving the way for a brand new story with Saul at the helm. Rupert Friends character could also come back.

It would give Claire Danes time to spend with her new baby and Damien Lewis a chance to take on a couple of lucrative movie roles.

And then, in season four, they could be brought back depending on the demands of the new story, if necessary...

What the hell happened to his character!? Suddenly becomes a "good guy" defending Brody? Presume he must be kicking himself now after the bomb in Brody's car, I doubt he'll be back

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI