Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 6/11/2012 12:36:12 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

You mean Saul? The bearded guilty one? Yes, he passed a lie detector test in the first series. Still dodgy IMO.

No, not him you silly old bastard... the younger guy. It's him I tells ya!

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 181
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 6/11/2012 1:33:28 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

haha - you've pretty much fucked the show up for everyone. I can only see a Gazelle's neck when I see her now.
It's nothing to be proud of

Then my work here is done.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 182
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 6/11/2012 8:46:16 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I thought the latest episode was absurd in all honesty. I can see this series descending into utter drivel if they carry on. Turn Brody so he's wporking with the CIA......never saw that one coming It seems like the writers are taking it episode by episode and don't have an overall plan. Don't even get me started on the hit and run.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 183
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 7/11/2012 10:11:04 AM   
Larry of Arabia

I have to agree with that, the first season drew out the tension but now it seems like every new development is getting a twist or resolution by the end of each episode. Carrie back in the field > Brody confession found > Carrie told about it finally > Brody confronted > Brody turned. We're only on episode five!

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 184
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 13/11/2012 7:56:05 AM   
borstal

Its turning into 24

Its entertaining and Im interested in whats happening but its not as good as the first season. I do expect to hear that CTU ringtone whenever they are in the ops center.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 185
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 13/11/2012 9:08:16 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Its turning into 24

That's not intirely a bad thing... we have had hardly any action at all throughout series 1 and the start of series 2, so I am all for a few decent action set-pieces and even more twists ans turns.

I prefer series 2 so far and I like that the story is being moved along at a fast pace... people would be moaning otherwise 'why are they dragging this out?' etc etc.. it's very difficult to predict and I love it!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 186
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 13/11/2012 2:15:19 PM   
Tafferel

I have to say, I agree with those that say this season has been much sillier. They captured and "turned" Brody in record time!
And as for the hit and run! Well, that was just clichéd soap opera rubbish

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 187
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 14/11/2012 11:38:20 AM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Im enjoying Homeland but that daughter of Brodys is annoying as is that whole tween love triangle plot which is only there to pad the episodes out.And like someone else has said, the series premise doesnt seem likely to last long beyond one season really.

It's going somewhere. Trust me.

Teen

And yeah, it goes somewhere. Albeit somewhere incredibly idiotic. I've not seen last nights episode on RTE though for all I know that might save it.

< Message edited by paul_ie86 -- 14/11/2012 11:43:05 AM >

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 188
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 14/11/2012 11:42:40 AM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Its turning into 24

That's not intirely a bad thing... we have had hardly any action at all throughout series 1 and the start of series 2, so I am all for a few decent action set-pieces and even more twists ans turns.

I prefer series 2 so far and I like that the story is being moved along at a fast pace... people would be moaning otherwise 'why are they dragging this out?' etc etc.. it's very difficult to predict and I love it!

It's not really that kind of show though is it? It's more interested the realism of the characters and the situation rather than action set-ups.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 189
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 14/11/2012 2:37:56 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

It's not really that kind of show though is it? It's more interested the realism of the characters and the situation rather than action set-ups.

That's right, but a splash of decent action would be very nice...

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 190
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 14/11/2012 10:30:51 PM   
Cool Breeze

Last weeks episode seemed to indicate that it IS turning into 24.

Heck the new villain they introduced played a terrorist in season 8 of the show.And is that a nuke they took out of that wall?

Im expecting Jack Bauer to turn up any time now!

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 14/11/2012 10:31:19 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 191
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 15/11/2012 1:17:46 PM   
great_badir

Agreed.

It could be argued that season 1 was, perhaps, a little too slow and measured where not quite enough happened, but so far season 2 has gone too far the other way. It's like the writers spent the first season treading carefully and putting feelers out, and now they have an established sponsor and audience they're just chucking out any old guff.

Where have we seen this before? Oh yeah - Lost.

The acting is still by and large brilliant, of course, but that won't save it from mainstream stupidity.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 192
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/11/2012 12:20:38 PM   
jonson

I nearly fell asleep during last night's episode. Seriously needs a kick up the arse or a massive twist, one or the other.
If the tension is now based around gazelle-head and daughter and their will-they-won't-they go to the police story, I shall give up.
Last seaon was some of the best TV for years. The first few episodes of this season were brilliant.
The last 3 episodes, culminating in last nights waste-of-an-hour-of-my-life, have been dire. I shall persist and I'm sure it will get better.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 193
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/11/2012 12:25:46 PM   
Timon

I've never seen a teenager so eager to go to jail for manslaughter...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 194
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/11/2012 1:50:14 PM   
paul_lfc

quote:

Im expecting Jack Bauer to turn up any time now!

*Rolls up sleeves* WHERE ARE THE CANISTERS??!!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 195
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/11/2012 2:06:21 PM   
paul_lfc

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

I think we will now see Brody interogated for a while... a bit of water-boarding perhaps?

Then it'll be the whole 'will he - wont he' double agent thingy...

They can't go public that a congressman is a terrorist, so it could become very political in the next episode... he's moved out from his family so that give them some scope to keep his arrest secret..

I don't trust the vice president or his son... so there may be more to that side of things.

Also, they may now use Brody to finally unmask the mole within the CIA - who I still believe is the Jewish assistant guy...

What a show though.

Wasn't there a scene somewhere in the first season that pretty much confirmed this? Or am I remembering wrong?

In the first series, Saul was sitting alone in office and started singing (I presume) in Arabic after one of the terrorists died but has been left at that

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 196
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/11/2012 4:44:42 PM   
paul_ie86

"heaven-may-care grooming"

(in reply to paul_lfc)
Post #: 197
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 30/11/2012 8:31:57 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm so close to giving up on this. Season One showed such promise....

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 198
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 1/12/2012 11:54:45 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I'd have to agree. I'm still showing faith because I'm expecting something to happen. Luckily the 2 central performances carry the storyline along at times.

Post #: 199
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 3/12/2012 12:45:34 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I'd have to agree. I'm still showing faith because I'm expecting something to happen. Luckily the 2 central performances carry the storyline along at times.

I hope you dont mean Brody's wife because last few episodes its just been this over and over

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 200
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 3/12/2012 11:05:32 PM   
Mute

^ Lol

I enjoyed last night's episode - after a few slow episodes and way too much time spent on Dana's boring hit and run story, things seem to be picking up again. And I always thought there was something off about Rupert Friend.I'll be interested to see where they go with him now we know why he's really there.

PSN: blackout505

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 201
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/12/2012 7:41:49 AM   
jonson

Lol indysgill. We even got to see Gazelle boobies last night, which was a pleasant surprise, and made me shift on the sofa a bit (for some reason I tried to hide it with a cough first )

Aah, yes, Rupert Friend. I reckon that old bastard Sinatra.....

quote:

........pulled that one out the bag earlier. Something is going on, Estes was obviously hoping he would kill Brody as soon as they had Abu Hamza (or whetever his name is)
It's all turning into a bit of a mish mash now, and I can see a huge twist in the last few episodes to really turn the heat up for, wait for it, Series 3.
To be fair, Gazelle boobs aside, it was one of the better episodes this series.

(in reply to Mute)
Post #: 202
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/12/2012 11:21:42 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

I hope you dont mean Brody's wife because last few episodes its just been this over and over

What have I created?!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 203
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/12/2012 11:46:12 AM   
superdan

I'm basically going through the motions of watching this season, but I think it's been pretty crap to say the least. Brody's wife is a shrill, bed-hopping harpy, his daughter is the worst kind of petulant teen cliche that gets crowbarred into TV programmes all-too regularly, his son is basically a cardboard cut-out they carry around, Brody himself is now just a neurotic crybaby and Clare Danes is a gnat's cock away from being a full-blown psycho rather than the complex, vulnerable character she was is S1. She also looks increasingly like a seashorse that's been straightened out and is having trouble with it's new dentures.

Massive disappointment.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 204
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/12/2012 11:54:49 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan
She also looks increasingly like a seashorse that's been straightened out and is having trouble with it's new dentures.

For fucks sake, it's going to be like watching a BBC nature documentary at this rate.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 205
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/12/2012 12:01:22 PM   
Sway

quote:

She also looks increasingly like a seashorse that's been straightened out and is having trouble with it's new dentures.

I just laughed so hard at this! Thank you!

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 206
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 4/12/2012 2:01:36 PM   
Phil884

quote:

I'm basically going through the motions of watching this season, but I think it's been pretty crap to say the least. Brody's wife is a shrill, bed-hopping harpy, his daughter is the worst kind of petulant teen cliche that gets crowbarred into TV programmes all-too regularly, his son is basically a cardboard cut-out they carry around, Brody himself is now just a neurotic crybaby and Clare Danes is a gnat's cock away from being a full-blown psycho rather than the complex, vulnerable character she was is S1. She also looks increasingly like a seashorse that's been straightened out and is having trouble with it's new dentures.

Massive disappointment.

Whole office now looking at me as a cackling wide-eyed lunatic having read that. Hilarious stuff.

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 207
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 12/12/2012 10:50:03 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

quote:

You mean Saul? The bearded guilty one? Yes, he passed a lie detector test in the first series. Still dodgy IMO.

My theory lives on! I thought he got killed during the raid on the bomb factory... but he turned up again on Sunday night...!

He must be a mole!! I have suspected him ever since the terrorist couple were warned in season 1.

Remote pace maker device thingy??? REALLY???

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 208
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 12/12/2012 7:03:58 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I thought Damien Lewis was fantastic in this latest episode. Great acting. Apart from that it was more of the same, such a let down after Season 1 and it does feel more '24' with every episode that passes. Estees going to lay the smackdown on Saul eh? Until he finds out the VP is most likely dead....

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 209
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 12/12/2012 8:21:15 PM   
Cool Breeze

Im still watching but its getting a bit ridiculous now.That whole scene between Brodys daughter and her ex boyfriend was totally redundant and nearly had me reaching for the remote.Some of the twists have been good and Brodys turn back into a full blown psycho with him murdering the VP was exciting stuff ( in fairness the old bastard was asking for it when he told Brody to go fuck his family ).

I think hes eventually going to kill his wife and her Channing Tatum alike boyfriend.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI