Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 12/4/2012 5:58:50 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

12 episodes in total; the last one's half an hour longer than normal.

Is it just one series'?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 91
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 13/4/2012 1:36:35 AM   
paul_ie86

I think they've Showtime have ordered a second series.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 92
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 13/4/2012 1:44:01 AM   
Shifty Bench

Yes, there's a second season coming.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 93
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 16/4/2012 2:28:45 PM   
st3veebee

Solid episode last night. Loved Brody and Isa bonding and that contrast to Walkers Rambo shenanigans in the forest. As usual, Saul shows up for two minutes and steals the show.

Good stuff

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 94
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 16/4/2012 3:27:15 PM   
discodave101

Yep - was good stuff, and, for me, the best episode so far.

Now we've moved on from the 'Has he been turned or not" question, we're swiftly moved on to the "how was he turned" story. Very well executed I thought.

They certainly have a lot of backstory scope with him being gone for 8 years. Opens up a lot of room for flashbacks. The whole "getting into Office" politics angle gives it massive scope for future seasons. The fact they're allowing the viewer to properly empathise with all the characters and "sides" to the war is a testament to the quality of the writing.

Bring it on.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 95
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 16/4/2012 8:56:04 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah the reveals last night went someway to making up for the really out of place reveal at the end of last weeks episode. Very interested to see how this all plays out. Hope it's self contained and not gonna be going on "will he/won't he turn' over a number of seasons. That could get old. Also still hopeing the daughter gets killed.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 96
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 16/4/2012 9:35:31 PM   
boaby

D'ye reckon the bird that plays Carrie was directed to look like a confused Labrador every time she receives some unexpected information?

Mrs. Brody bought the "mugged" thing rather unquestioningly.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 97
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 17/4/2012 10:56:03 AM   
blackduck

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

D'ye reckon the bird that plays Carrie was directed to look like a confused Labrador every time she receives some unexpected information?Mrs. Brody bought the "mugged" thing rather unquestioningly.

You sir have put an image in my head that will be hard to shake.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 98
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 17/4/2012 11:39:55 AM   
st3veebee

I knew she resembled some animal when she is startled. I also hear that dog noise ("Hurr"?) when she does the head tilt.  Danes is brilliant in this though!

Latest Films:

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 99
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 17/4/2012 5:50:57 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Am I the only one who finds stiletto-wearing, bash-your-balls-in-with-a-hammer ever-so slightly psychotic Clare Danes incredibly hot!?

No. No, you're not.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 100
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 17/4/2012 10:38:07 PM   
themightyhutch

Spent the last few days catching up on this and oh holy amazeballs this show is good...now. At first I wasn't enjoying it so much because it was a bit slow so I wasn't watching it particularly regularly but my last catch up session had me hooked. It's really started to go somewhere and now all of the plot lines are plodding along well. I like the fact that I genuinely don't know where things are going to go next. Just when I thought Brody was going to turn out to be alright the show pulls the rug from under my feet and starts suggesting he's not.

On the topic of Saul (best character) I don't reckon he's a bad guy just someone with too many problems. I want him to be good too much to accept that he might be bad.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 101
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 18/4/2012 10:33:29 AM   
MartinBlank76

I like Homeland. I like its twisty turnyness. And the fact it makes you think its going one way and then feints the other. Which I still think its planning to do with the current brody state of affairs. Though that might be just my twist expecting defense mechanism kicking in.

This week especially was not the kind of episode I expected from writers who I think used to work on 24. 

Danes used to annoy me at the start but she really has grown on me, and I now quite like her and her 'all or nothing' kind of personality. Lewis is, as he always is in everything, great.

< Message edited by MartinBlank76 -- 18/4/2012 10:34:31 AM >

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 102
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 18/4/2012 10:41:05 AM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: themightyhutch

On the topic of Saul (best character) I don't reckon he's a bad guy just someone with too many problems. I want him to be good too much to accept that he might be bad.

This is exactly how I feel. Inigo just can't be a terrorist...he just can't be.

Latest Films:

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 103
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 18/4/2012 11:54:26 AM   
crimond

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartinBlank76

I like Homeland. I like its twisty turnyness. And the fact it makes you think its going one way and then feints the other. Which I still think its planning to do with the current brody state of affairs. Though that might be just my twist expecting defense mechanism kicking in.

This week especially was not the kind of episode I expected from writers who I think used to work on 24. 

Danes used to annoy me at the start but she really has grown on me, and I now quite like her and her 'all or nothing' kind of personality. Lewis is, as he always is in everything, great.

Agree. I think that's why I love Band of Brothers so much, he is fantastic in that.

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 104
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 24/4/2012 11:49:53 AM   
primebhoy

Ok im gonna say it, this is miles better than 24!

Another great episode, Danes really is quite fantasic in this!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to crimond)
Post #: 105
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 24/4/2012 12:24:36 PM   
theieuan

Another cracking episode. Absolutely brilliant acting. Don't want the series to end now but interested to see how they chose to end the series considering the fact there is to be a second series.

You know, this place makes me wonder...Which would be worse, to live as a monster or die as a good man?

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 106
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 24/4/2012 4:18:00 PM   
Wild about Wilder

I see Sky Arts has aquired the Jewish show that this is based on.

(in reply to theieuan)
Post #: 107
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 24/4/2012 7:09:12 PM   
Spectre

I hope Sky don't buy the rights to the second season of this version!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 108
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 27/4/2012 12:13:11 AM   
Larry of Arabia

I saw the Guardian had an article about jazz in Homeland and remembered the scene in last week's ep when Carrie was trying to seduce Brody - handing him a glass of wine, "it's Miles Davis... you like jazz?" It was so cheesy I had to laugh. Maybe because whenever I hear "do you like jazz?" I think of drunk Elliot Reid hitting on women in Scrubs.

Apart from that great episode.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Spectre)
Post #: 109
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 30/4/2012 9:36:03 AM   
blackduck

Fuck me this series is getting exciting, The ending totally caught me off guard, did not expect Brody to drop Carrie in it like that.

can't wait till next week.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 110
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 30/4/2012 11:16:37 AM   
steffols

The bit where he goes to the tailors, I was not expecting that! He's a suicide bomber?! His daughter's starting to get suspicious, I fear bad things for her.

Claire Danes was excellent last night. Her portrayal of a manic stage of bi-polar, I do not know if it was close to what happens but it was impressive anyway. And her timeline was amazing, I was sitting with my hand over my mouth when they started ripping it down. Damien Lewis was also pretty great last night. His 'Battle of Gettysburg' speech was intense, I was completely engrossed.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 111
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 30/4/2012 1:42:07 PM   
primebhoy

Really didnt want last nights episode to end, Danes was so good last night. Next weeks ep should be a great one!

Does anyone know when S2 starts in the states... i dont know if i can wait long for this to start back up again!!!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 112
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 30/4/2012 2:28:38 PM   
Shifty Bench

Its back in September in the US

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 113
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 1/5/2012 1:59:14 AM   
Larry of Arabia

God, the writers have done such a good job of making the daughter complete brat I even get pissed at her when she's meddling with a suicide bomber's plans. Never mind what the package is, you mewling quim! Can't a guy blow himself up without you getting giving him the Spanish Inquisition?! I can see her ending up being so suspicious she blows his cover though, thus becoming the sulkiest, Twilight-reading-est, bubblegum-popping-est, eye-rolling-est terrorist foiler ever.

I felt sorry for Carrie, she really is her own worst enemy. Saul seems to have made peace with her because of it though, the look on his face when she was babbling in the hospital was really well done by Patinkin.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 114
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 1/5/2012 9:28:57 AM   
steffols

I really want to like Estes. He seems like a good guy but he always seems to be working against Carrie and not actually helping solve the mystery. I know he was told to fire someone and that Brody told them about the fling (cannot believe he did that!) but she really is the best person working for him. At least Saul knows that.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 115
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 1/5/2012 12:32:40 PM   
theieuan

Another great episode. Really don't want this series to end. To be fair Clare Danes is such a fantastic actress. I really felt so sorry for her when they tore her timeline down. The teaser for the finale has got me really hyped and I'm so glad that the finale is an hour and a half long.

You know, this place makes me wonder...Which would be worse, to live as a monster or die as a good man?

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 116
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 1/5/2012 7:56:08 PM   
Spectre

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I really want to like Estes. He seems like a good guy but he always seems to be working against Carrie and not actually helping solve the mystery. I know he was told to fire someone and that Brody told them about the fling (cannot believe he did that!) but she really is the best person working for him. At least Saul knows that.

Thinking about it I think Brody revealed the fling as a way to get Carrie out of the equation. When she told him about her timeline it must have been clear to him that she was getting closer to the truth, and thought it best to eliminate the threat she posed to his mission.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 117
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 6/5/2012 10:51:29 PM   
jcthefirst

Well, that was excellent, up until 'memory loss.' Seriously?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Spectre)
Post #: 118
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 6/5/2012 11:40:47 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Ugh. What a cop-out.

As for the memory loss I just read an interview with the showrunners about S2 and it looks like that'll be a MAJOR factor over the COURSE of the next season. Should have just been a shocker of a single season and ended with a pretty horrendous "Oh no they didn't" ending.

Didn't realise it was from the folks behind 24...although I guess it makes sense now. I kept thinking the daughter would find the vest/parcel and start shaking it to see what it was and then BOOM!

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 6/5/2012 11:41:54 PM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 119
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 7/5/2012 12:10:34 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Ugh. What a cop-out.

As for the memory loss I just read an interview with the showrunners about S2 and it looks like that'll be a MAJOR factor over the COURSE of the next season. Should have just been a shocker of a single season and ended with a pretty horrendous "Oh no they didn't" ending.

Didn't realise it was from the folks behind 24...although I guess it makes sense now. I kept thinking the daughter would find the vest/parcel and start shaking it to see what it was and then BOOM!

Was that intended to be funny? Every time I picture it, it's in a very funny, slapstick kind of way, like something that would happen in the Naked Gun movies

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI