Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 24/10/2013 7:20:30 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Citizen Dildo

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Will be careful what i say bout episode 4 here as im watching on RTE, but ...wow.Saul is one crafty old bastard eh musht?

The Dana scenes as usual nearly sent me to sleep, i cant even remember what she was droning on about at that fence.And of course, they have succeeded in making her even more annoying considering what she does in this episode.

There's a fine line between crafty and utter bollocks, though..

Why don't you be so careful as to stop posting on the Channel 4 thread? Stick to the US one or maybe set up an RTE thread?

Anyway Episode 3 was well......shit. Just a dull episode which shows how utterly lost this has become. Had they just killed Brody as the plot demanded in season 2 we could have had an interesting show where Saul, Carrie, Quinn battled a new villain/plot and the Brody family (I actually like Dana) were consigned to history.

It might have been 24-lite but give me that over the depressing adventures of bald Brody and his creepy paedo pal. No wonder he's on smack.

Hear, hear.

They've been told once but it clearly hasn't sank in.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 331
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 25/10/2013 11:12:09 AM   
spark1

I liked ep 3, carrie and brody in drug hell.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 332
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 26/10/2013 12:39:59 PM   
Cool Breeze

Ann Hathaway parodies Carrie in Homeland skit on SNL....http://youtu.be/K4aeibd1Rrc

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 333
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 28/10/2013 10:03:25 AM   
paulyboy

**Spoliers for Last Night!**

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

Sucks that Saul seems to be throwing her to the wolves, but he's between a rock and a hard place, unless there's a bigger plan afoot.

Well thank fuck for that!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 334
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 28/10/2013 11:28:50 AM   
spark1

maybe 'homeland' was not built to last this long -with a spoiler from ep 4-

http://variety.com/2013/tv/columns/unlike-walking-dead-boardwalk-empire-why-homeland-wasnt-built-to-last-1200758988/

< Message edited by spark1 -- 28/10/2013 2:25:32 PM >

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 335
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 28/10/2013 3:11:04 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Ann Hathaway parodies Carrie in Homeland skit on SNL....http://youtu.be/K4aeibd1Rrc

I love Ann Hathaway

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 336
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 28/10/2013 7:56:13 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Genuinely thought that Homeland was going in an excellent direction with the CIA trying to stifle Carrie's attempts to tell the truth by making her seem like she's mentally unstable with said instability exacerbated by the pressure the CIA is putting on her to actually keep quiet. The law firm then hiring Carrie to try and find out who ordered the hit on those six people would have actually developed with Carrie accidentally (or purposely) revealing all the stuff with Brody and his attempted terrorist attack along with the CIA making a deal with him. Then it all could have come out in the press with the CIA ruined.

It had echoes of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy and would have made for excellent television.

Alas, those last 3 minutes of episode 4 ruined everything and just made me lose all respect for Carrie - putting her mental health on the line for the CIA, is her job worth it THAT much?

Man, I should have written season 3!

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 337
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 28/10/2013 7:57:30 PM   
Mister Coe

Well, I've been a supporter of the Dana storylines but after the whole 'her boyfriends a psycho and HE HAS A GUN'  thing... I'm out.  The rest of you were right all along.  I apologise. 

It's Jack Bauers daughter and the cougar thing all over again...

Despite that, best episode of the series so far IMO..

Say what now?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 338
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 28/10/2013 8:40:19 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sumintelligentguy

Genuinely thought that Homeland was going in an excellent direction with the CIA trying to stifle Carrie's attempts to tell the truth by making her seem like she's mentally unstable with said instability exacerbated by the pressure the CIA is putting on her to actually keep quiet. The law firm then hiring Carrie to try and find out who ordered the hit on those six people would have actually developed with Carrie accidentally (or purposely) revealing all the stuff with Brody and his attempted terrorist attack along with the CIA making a deal with him. Then it all could have come out in the press with the CIA ruined.

It had echoes of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy and would have made for excellent television.

Alas, those last 3 minutes of episode 4 ruined everything and just made me lose all respect for Carrie - putting her mental health on the line for the CIA, is her job worth it THAT much?

Man, I should have written season 3!

So you would have been happy with Carrie doing a complete U turn on her beliefs and selling out her country within a five minute discussion with a lawyer?

Yes, to Carrie her job is worth THAT much hence she refuses to take her medication because it makes her foggy. I got the impression that Saul wasn't supposed to leave her in the hospital that long but had to for the sake of authenticity.

I'm quite happy with the double-bluff reveal, although it does now completely confirm that this as turned into 24. Whereas in the previous 2 seasons there were hints of and underlying analysis of what is terrorism and are the Americans committing acts of terror in their war on terror, it's now just CIA get the terrorist stuff. I'll give the next episode a go but it will have to be amazing if it wants me to keep watching.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Well, I've been a supporter of the Dana storylines but after the whole 'her boyfriends a psycho and HE HAS A GUN' thing... I'm out. The rest of you were right all along. I apologise.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 339
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 29/10/2013 1:22:11 PM   
great_badir

Let's not be too hasty, though - what if...I mean, just think, what IF this series gets SO bad, that we actually...

...start to like the Dana storylines...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 340
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 29/10/2013 2:58:27 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

So you would have been happy with Carrie doing a complete U turn on her beliefs and selling out her country within a five minute discussion with a lawyer?

Yes, to Carrie her job is worth THAT much hence she refuses to take her medication because it makes her foggy. I got the impression that Saul wasn't supposed to leave her in the hospital that long but had to for the sake of authenticity.

I'm quite happy with the double-bluff reveal, although it does now completely confirm that this as turned into 24. Whereas in the previous 2 seasons there were hints of and underlying analysis of what is terrorism and are the Americans committing acts of terror in their war on terror, it's now just CIA get the terrorist stuff. I'll give the next episode a go but it will have to be amazing if it wants me to keep watching.

Perhaps not a complete U turn in the space of 5 minutes but she has been repeatedly mistreated by the CIA in her attempts to find out the truth so I wouldn't have been surprised if she did reveal what has actually been happening.

Maybe Saul's sidekick could have prevented the meeting and put Carrie back into psychiatric care making her wonder why she is so committed to the institution that is trying to ruin her. Quinn has already established himself as some sort of moral compass so that could have been brought into play more.

Maybe even when the press finds out, we would see the public's reaction - asking questions like, would you have negotiated with Brody if it might have lead to the head of a terrorist cell despite knowing what he was going to do?

This is just something I would have liked to see happen (well, a lot more thought out) so it means nothing really.

I just think the double bluff was a step into the wrong direction. Like you said, very 24esque. I think that something along the lines of what I said above would have made Homeland intelligent viewing again.

And bloody Dana! When will she get killed off?

< Message edited by Sumintelligentguy -- 29/10/2013 2:59:06 PM >

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 341
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 29/10/2013 8:05:00 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sumintelligentguy

quote:

Perhaps not a complete U turn in the space of 5 minutes but she has been repeatedly mistreated by the CIA in her attempts to find out the truth so I wouldn't have been surprised if she did reveal what has actually been happening.

Maybe Saul's sidekick could have prevented the meeting and put Carrie back into psychiatric care making her wonder why she is so committed to the institution that is trying to ruin her. Quinn has already established himself as some sort of moral compass so that could have been brought into play more.

Maybe even when the press finds out, we would see the public's reaction - asking questions like, would you have negotiated with Brody if it might have lead to the head of a terrorist cell despite knowing what he was going to do?

This is just something I would have liked to see happen (well, a lot more thought out) so it means nothing really.

I just think the double bluff was a step into the wrong direction. Like you said, very 24esque. I think that something along the lines of what I said above would have made Homeland intelligent viewing again.

And bloody Dana! When will she get killed off?

If 24 is anything to go by, season 4 will be a few years in the future when she is now working for the US government in a high-level position (that someone her age could never get) and be shagging some hunk who will get his arm chopped off by Brody...

Say what now?

Post #: 342
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 1/11/2013 12:20:16 PM   
jonson

I very nearly turned it off half way through, but actually the double bluff Saul U-turn for me was the turning point. I actually liked it. I was half expecting to Brody to rescue her SAS stylie, while it would have been exciting, would have been 1 step too far.
It means we can go back to finding bad guys than arsing about. I don't like the Body family storylines, fuck knows why Mike has entered the fray again, annoying as he is, especially with his new haircut.
The last 3 minutes just about salvaged the frustrating start to the series for me

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 343
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 1/11/2013 1:46:32 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson
fuck knows why Mike has entered the fray again, annoying as he is, especially with his new haircut.

He also seems to have got less buff. I'm not gay, but that annoyed me in a similar fashion.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 344
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 1/11/2013 2:17:17 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

fuck knows why Mike has entered the fray again, annoying as he is, especially with his new haircut.

He also seems to have got less buff. I'm not gay, but that annoyed me in a similar fashion.

Imagine how Mrs Brody feels; her husbands a terrorist, her daughter tried to kill herself, and top it all off her side dish is letting himself go

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 345
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 1/11/2013 10:05:59 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

Imagine how Mrs Brody feels; her husbands a terrorist, her daughter tried to kill herself, and top it all off her side dish is letting himself go

She must be desperate to going back to being a space hooker in FIREFLY...

Say what now?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 346
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 5/11/2013 8:03:45 AM   
jonson

Still a serious lack of Brody action, but overall episode 5 was really good. We had the Dana storyline come to an end (hopefully) which to be fair, when all was said and done, wasn't as laborious as the first few episodes. To give her credit, she acted it all out nicely and convincingly, quite heart-breaking when you do realise she just wants someone to be honest with her, and when she finds out psycho lad has been lying, well enough's enough.
I actually felt very sorry for her sitting on the bed breaking down. My eyes may even have welled up a bit.
But enough of that.

Saul's fuck you from Lockhart was brilliantly done, not that I was too bothered as Saul has tuned into a complete bastard, although it was good to see him give Lockhart a snidey dig back. I fear fireworks there.

Quinn is just a weirdo now. Not sure which side he bats for, but he's got Carrie's back, whilst Saul is happy to treat her like a piece of dogshit.
Would Javadi risk being exposed if he knows (so we are led to believe I think) that Carrie is double bluffing him? Would he take that risk? I don't think so.
He may get one of his henchman to knock her off, but he wouldn't involve himself, so I would suggest the plan is still good, despite his sarcastic yoga quip.

I very nearly gave up but this week's kept me interested. It was the first time this season where I've actually wanted to watch the next episode straight away. Took a long time coming though.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 347
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 5/11/2013 10:30:43 AM   
paulyboy

Yeah I quite enjoyed the latest episode as well, good ending, fairly sure that was a polygraph machine that had waiting in that chair for her, that'll be interesting.

That said in typical Homeland fashion I spent half the episode holding my head in my hands every time Carrie does something.

Take your meds Carrie, go on, take them. Nope, oh fuck me here we go again!

Don't help with the Dana thing Carrie, don't, don't do it, don't go to the Yoga class. Nope, oh fuck me here we go again!

I know she supposed to be on the edge and so forth, but she frustrates me beyond all comprehension, still brilliantly acted by Danes though, no denying that.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 348
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 5/11/2013 11:57:38 AM   
primebhoy

First episode this season where i've been holding my breath for long parts... the last 10 mins particularly were tense. As others said, I wanted to watch the next episode straight away!

I think the plan is still in tact, though not quite sure why Saul was so confident sounding when Quinn said that Carrie had been taken. How does he intend to find her?

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 349
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 7/11/2013 11:36:38 AM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy
How does he intend to find her?

Probs end up being summat to do with Dana, now that there's nowt else for her to do.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 350
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 12/11/2013 12:54:46 PM   
primebhoy

What did we think of this weeks episode then?

Pretty graphic in one part, but it certainly is keeping me interested from week to week now. Keen to see where a few of the plots go from here, and much stronger now than it was at the start of this season, half way through and the second half of the season should certainly keep going with this momentum!

Post #: 351
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 12/11/2013 1:01:28 PM   
great_badir

It was...meh.

I'm intrigued as to where certain plot elements will go, but I'm still just watching it for the sake of watching it.

And Dana's bound to come back in it at some point for some amazing reason.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 352
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 14/11/2013 9:42:59 PM   
anakin solo

I agree to some of what you've been saying.
But I love the Carrie/ Saul scenes as well as the tension that has been building up up between them. I'm glad that Quinn has been getting alot more scenes than in the previous season because he is a really good character. Sometimes the Dana thing can be annoying and kinda feel that Chris doesn't get enough story in it or just is in it to be a addition to what's going on in Dana's world, but she is a good character though.
But what I don't get is why Brodie had one episode not really explaining how he had got to where he was, and why there isn't any more further developments to his character inbetween what is going for Saul/ Carrie/Quinn/Dana and Jessica which for some reason seems to be more important.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

Post #: 353
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/11/2013 4:05:13 PM   
primebhoy

Slower paced episode this week, but still enjoyable, Sauls scene with the Senator in particular, brilliant!

reckon it will regain pace again next week, with Carrie back to her usual plot of clearing Brody's name?!

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 354
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/11/2013 8:50:22 PM   
indysgill

I wondering how Saul will react when he finds out about his wife. He is the director of the CIA afterall.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 355
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 19/11/2013 10:50:06 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Excellent scene with Saul and the Senator. What's at stake is nothing we haven't seen before, but it's making me more interested in where this is heading.

Where the hell is Brody!!!?

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 356
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 20/11/2013 6:55:13 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Happy to see Clark Johnson appear in Sunday's episode.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 357
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 20/11/2013 10:33:52 AM   
spark1

still worth watching but it has a big brody shaped hole in it.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 358
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 20/11/2013 1:58:43 PM   
great_badir

Best episode of this series so far. In fact the best episode for quite a while. I think there's some legs to covering Brody-less machinations of the CIA.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 359
RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed - 20/11/2013 4:48:46 PM   
wombathog

This is the first time they haven't mentioned Venezuela for a while (unless I missed it).  It's only a matter of time before they have to go down there (probably Quinn and Carrie) for some reason (that goalkeeper they keep mentioning) where they can find Renton, I mean Brody, and live happily ever after.

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI