Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Lets play RETRO!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Lets play RETRO!!! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 20/11/2012 10:38:41 AM   
MBeard

I have no idea what any of you are talking about but I do admire all this nerdiness!

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 181
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 20/11/2012 2:12:59 PM   
juanvasquez

Cheers. I'll check it out when I get home. I know the insides meet the spec, but wasn't aware there was an aesthetic difference.

Twats.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 182
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 23/11/2012 8:33:29 AM   
Sleazy

how to you get on with that Juan?

I got a decent little lot off Gumtree yesterday. Someone was selling "over 100" ps1 games for £60.

When I spoke to him he explained it was 100 games plus 40 copies and a chipped machine.

I collected them last night and upon further inspection found out that most of his "copies" are in fact original games in copied boxes (which is odd). It also came with an Xplorer cartridge.

On the down side I cant get the console to load a game, it sticks on the black sony screen. Not a huge loss as I have 2 ps1's (and a ps3) anyway so it just leaves around 10 or so copies that i cant play.

Quite happy with that as theres some I havent played before (anyone else played 1945 2? its rather good).

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 183
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 24/11/2012 3:09:55 PM   
juanvasquez

Turns out it's just a bog standard model and the guide that told me it was something more special was wrong. Never mind, still got a lot of interest and a bidder.

Funny you should pick up a PS1 this week. I've been having bit of a revival myself. Albeit mainly via the ps1 classics on PS3 but I bought Apocalypse (again) off ebay and have been having fun with that this week. Quite fancy V-Rally. Or the much better sequel.There's some right bargains on ebay. Some right rip-offs, too, but there's loads of old classics going for dirt cheap.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 184
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 25/11/2012 3:33:25 PM   
Sleazy

V Rally was one of the ones in that bundle as well as few other rally games.

Turns out the ps1 actually works, its just a bit tempremental. I'll only use it for copies or imports tho as I prefer to use my psone.

Been a good weekend retro-wise, my Saturn arrived from ebay yesterday, its in great nick and has the boxed official wheel, 2 games and pad for £10!

Picked up an Amiga 500 with expansion pack, joystick and loads of disks for £20 off Gumtree.

I was in the local Cash Converters as they sometimes have cheap ps1 games, the had a few bits of note like an N64 for £15, a boxed psone for £12. No games tho so I didnt buy anything there.

Post #: 185
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 11/12/2012 1:44:44 PM   
Sleazy

went into local cash converters and PS2 games were 2 for a £1.

Got 10 quids worth, got some decent games like Zone of The Enders. Viewtiful Joe, Crazy Taxi, Canis Canem Edit, Super Bust a Move 1 & 2, The Bouncer, Soul reaver 2.

Bought a PS2 fat off Gumtree, fella hadnt mentioned it was modded. Was home before realised it has the flip top mod. Canny. Got the console, 15 games, 2 dual shocks and a memory card for a tenner.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 186
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 8/2/2013 2:39:27 PM   
Zaphod121

Downloaded Mario 64 on my Wii, never played it before thought I should give it a try.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 187
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 18/2/2013 8:58:08 AM   
Sleazy

my daughter loves Mario 64, I downloaded it on Wii too and its her favourite game at the moment. Shes only 7 but really good at Mario games. We play New Super Mario Bros together too.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 188
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 18/2/2013 9:24:03 PM   
juanvasquez

Never been a huge fan of it myself. I like it, I just never got the praise heaped on it. I've had it on the N64 and have the DS version, but that's not as good.

I keep meaning to post a picture of my gaming unit. Bought it a few weeks ago and need more shelves already after getting an N64 again. The wife says I'm not allowed any more consoles, unless it's a speccy as she wants to play Horace Goes Skiing.

I'm like a kid with too many toys at the minute, I'm keen on increasing my game collection, but never know what to go for next.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 189
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 19/2/2013 9:37:09 AM   
Sleazy

Sounds interesting Juan, please do post a piccy. I have a couple of boxed Speccys in the man cave, Sadly I dont have Horace Goes Skiing (although I remember it well)

The wife is coming into a canny bit of money this year, she says I can have a grand to sort a couple of arcade cabinets for the cave!

Heres a couple of pics of my consoles so far:

Post #: 190
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 26/2/2013 9:05:35 PM   
MonoSilver

What's that thing on top of the PS2? Bottom pic, top left.
Me I'm trying my hardest to play through the Final Fantasy games in order so am currently playing the first one on my Galaxy S.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 191
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 26/2/2013 9:35:34 PM   
juanvasquez

Well Sleazy certainly puts my modest lot to shame, but here's my collection so far. Need more shelves.

(in reply to MonoSilver)
Post #: 192
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 27/2/2013 8:51:33 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonoSilver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

Bought a PS2 fat off Gumtree, fella hadnt mentioned it was modded. Was home before realised it has the flip top mod.

Congrats to Sleazy on only being the third person I'm aware of to own a Panasonic 3DO, myself included.

A good enough machine but was put to the sword by the Playstation.

(in reply to MonoSilver)
Post #: 193
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 27/2/2013 10:17:08 AM   
Sleazy

haha cheers Chief.

Yeah the 3do was a prezzy at xmas from my gf. She managed to get me a boxed one. I was actually impressed with the machine when I hooked it up, its ports of Super Street Fighter 2 and Samurai Shodown are the best I've seen. If it hadnt been released at such a crazy price then who knows, the whole concept might have taken off. Agree that the Playstation would probably still have demolished it.

Scored for a Megadrive 2 and a bunch of games on Monday. Its amazing how often people off you stuff when they know you collect this sorta thing. My mate told me the other day he still has a CD32 I can have for free!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 194
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 27/2/2013 10:46:15 AM   
Chief

I got one near enough launch. I only had about 4 or 5 games then my dog ate my controller so I traded it for a PS1.

It came loaded with Star Fox or something if I remember correctly, or some other polygon space shooter. I had the SSFII which was great, some Sherlock Holmes game that was too hard so I ended up just playing the darts minigame in it and a game called The Horde, a kind of strategy game where you had to protect cows from monsters. That was quite good come to think of it.

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 195
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 27/2/2013 11:09:08 AM   
Sleazy

Would have been StarBlade. I got that at crimbo too. Was an on rails polygon shooter. It was also released on PS1 and was a bonus game on a PS2 version of Tekken 5.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 196
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 27/2/2013 11:38:49 AM   
borstal

I picked up a boxed SNES with 2 controllers and about 8 carts for £20 in my local charidee shop last week. Starfox and Super Star Wars being the standout games.

I managed to get a signal through to my HD tv through the RF but the screen flicks every few seconds. Is there a decent cheap lead or way of getting a steady picture? ie SNES component or scart?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 197
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 27/2/2013 12:06:49 PM   
Sleazy

you lucky git!

yes mate, thankfully the snes doesnt have the issues with a HDTV that N64 and Cube have, A nintendo scart, component or S-video all work. If you have a Gamecube or N64 its the same lead.

something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Composite-AV-Scart-Cable-TV-Lead-for-Super-Nintendo-Gamecube-64-Snes-GC-N64-New-/300835931139?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item460b380403

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 198
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 27/2/2013 5:37:20 PM   
MonoSilver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonoSilver

quote:

Bought a PS2 fat off Gumtree, fella hadnt mentioned it was modded. Was home before realised it has the flip top mod.

Congrats to Sleazy on only being the third person I'm aware of to own a Panasonic 3DO, myself included.

A good enough machine but was put to the sword by the Playstation.

Ah. Think it's about time I learned to read.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 199
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 28/2/2013 10:01:17 AM   
borstal

quote:

you lucky git!

yes mate, thankfully the snes doesnt have the issues with a HDTV that N64 and Cube have, A nintendo scart, component or S-video all work. If you have a Gamecube or N64 its the same lead.

something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Composite-AV-Scart-Cable-TV-Lead-for-Super-Nintendo-Gamecube-64-Snes-GC-N64-New-/300835931139?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item460b380403

Thanks Sleaze

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 200
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 4/3/2013 3:29:10 PM   
Sleazy

Bought a few things over the last week:

Super Star Wars (Snes) = £2.20 (hell yeah)
Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose (Snes) = £5
Killer Instinct(Snes) = £5
Super Soccer (Snes) = £1
Troy Aikman Football (Snes) = £1
NHL 95 (Snes) - £1
Perfect Dark complete (N64) = £7
ISS 2000 (N64) = £1
Turok Rage Wars (N64) = £3
Zelda Wind Waker Special Edition (GC) = £25
MGS Twin Snakes (GC) =£25
15 Atari 2600 carts for £1 each

I also nabbed a Gamecube gameboy player for a tenner, a Megadrive 2 with 9 games for £20 and a NES for £10.50.

I loves spending money me!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 201
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 4/3/2013 8:53:12 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

That's pretty decent. I haven't seen either for less than 30.

I picked up Eternal Darkness for £5 at the weekend. Really not as good as I remember it.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 202
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 5/3/2013 8:10:37 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

That's pretty decent. I haven't seen either for less than 30.

I picked up Eternal Darkness for £5 at the weekend. Really not as good as I remember it.

But WindWaker was beyond gash, even 25p is extortionate, I'd just forget that most Nintendo franchises existed in the GameCube era, Mario Sunshine and Mario Kart Double Gash were just as bad.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 203
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 5/3/2013 8:19:04 AM   
Sleazy

I'm probably a heathen but Windwaker is my favourite Zelda (its getting a WiiU remake BTW), I love Double Dash too.

All Zelda games seem to hold value, especially at the moment but I think the WindWaker thing is due to the second disc with Ocarina/Master Quest on it.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 204
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 5/3/2013 8:23:03 PM   
juanvasquez

I thought Wind Waker was a superb game. But agree with SHP on double dash. Never been a big fan. The appeal of Wind Waker is the collectors edition. I had both that and the disc with majorss mask and the nes versions, which I foolishly parted with a few years ago. I'm reluctant to part with money for those at the minute, when there's games ive not played which are cheaper. Also, I like Mario Sunshine!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 205
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 5/3/2013 8:34:44 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Mario Sunshine was a virtual graffiti cleaning simulator and Zelda was a lazy game padded out with hours of dull sailing, particularly when you get sent on a goose chase trying to find items buried in the depths of the ocean.

For me the GameCube was a generation to forget the big names as they were all tarnished, instead I'd focus on the other titles such as Luigi's Mansion.

As for the extra disc, the Zelda Master Collection on GameCube was infinitely better than the extra disc in Wind Waker, and if you can source if is well worth buying. I believe I sold mine for £50

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 206
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 7/3/2013 7:13:35 PM   
Sleazy

got these:

£2.20 for Star Wars, £7 for Perfect Dark and £10 for the Gameboy adaptor (yes I have the thing itself)

Picked these up for a quid each

then......

The cab is a bit rough but its all cosmetic and nothing I cant sort.. not bad for £80 eh?[/quote]

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 207
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 8/3/2013 1:53:46 PM   
goldleader

quote:

I'm probably a heathen but Windwaker is my favourite Zelda (its getting a WiiU remake BTW), I love Double Dash too.

All Zelda games seem to hold value, especially at the moment but I think the WindWaker thing is due to the second disc with Ocarina/Master Quest on it.

I'm trying to get my hands on Zelda Four Swords Adventures on the Gamecube as its the only console Zelda game i haven't played and its going on ebay from anything between £30 - £50 for the normal game and up to £80 with the Game Boy Advance cable!!!!!!!

Its a shame because i don;t want to spend that much on it because most reviews of the game say it isn't very good but i still want to play it.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 208
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 10/3/2013 4:23:01 PM   
ChickMagnet

Just got a Megadrive 2 with leads and a pad from the local 2nd hand store, it came with the following games:

Sensible Soccer
Gunship
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Aladdin
A Cartridge with Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and The Revenge of Shinobi on it
Another Cartridge with Psycho Pinball and Micro Machines on it
Streets of Rage (again but this time on its own)

If Streets of Rage works on the multi cartridge, if anyone wants the cartridge on its own I may be convinced to let it go

Edit: Ugh, cannae get it to work, really think I need to get ahold of an S-Video to Scart cable in, only worry is that I've got 2 days to get it working or I sacrifice my chance of getting a refund if it isn't working.

< Message edited by ChickMagnet -- 10/3/2013 7:36:36 PM >

(in reply to goldleader)
Post #: 209
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 11/3/2013 9:26:10 AM   
Sleazy

I got one of these, works great. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160985753809

If you are trying to connect to an HDTV then some will just not "see" th signal from an RF connection as it isnt strong enough.

If the MD lights up when switched on then it probably works as theres not a lot to go wrong.

How much did you get if for?

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Lets play RETRO!!! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI