Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Lets play RETRO!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Lets play RETRO!!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 29/10/2012 9:00:20 AM   
Sleazy

I've been playing through a copy of Link to the Past I got off a fella at work, its still excellent.

Dunno what it is abotu SNES prices at the moment though, They seem to be loads higher than other systems.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 151
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 29/10/2012 2:35:04 PM   
juanvasquez

Here's a thought. If people could post their preferred retro games vendor be it website or otherwise, it may assist a few of us rather than having to pay over the odds. I'll post all the ones I know of when I'm at home tonight. We could then post them on the front page if necessary.

Prompted by lack of reasonably priced SNES games!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 152
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 29/10/2012 10:18:48 PM   
ChickMagnet

Worryingly I'm now the proud owner of a Gamecube and managed to access my ebay account for the first time since March 2006! This may get expensive

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 153
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 30/10/2012 9:25:40 AM   
Sleazy

Gamecube is still a fantastic system, read my post about HDTV hook ups though, it really doesnt like a composite - HDTV.

Other than eBay and car boot sales I tend to visit "That Retro Games Shop" in Newcastles Grainger Market, he isnt mega cheap but he tends to no more expensive than ebay,

Cash Converters are decent for Gamecube, PS1 and occasionally N64.

I have had a lot of success with Gumtree.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 154
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 30/10/2012 1:07:56 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

Gamecube is still a fantastic system, read my post about HDTV hook ups though, it really doesnt like a composite - HDTV.

Other than eBay and car boot sales I tend to visit "That Retro Games Shop" in Newcastles Grainger Market, he isnt mega cheap but he tends to no more expensive than ebay,

Cash Converters are decent for Gamecube, PS1 and occasionally N64.

I have had a lot of success with Gumtree.

I may have to treat the wife to a trip to Newcastle Christmas Shopping

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 155
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 30/10/2012 5:39:59 PM   
Sleazy

well if u are in York Chickmagnet its only an hour on the train but be advised, That Retro Games Shop is only a small unit in the market. (as you are a big WWE fan why not time it with a WWE tour at the arena?)

When I was in York last year I'm sure i remember a stall in the market just off the Shambles selling retro stuff.

Post #: 156
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 30/10/2012 6:49:45 PM   
ChickMagnet

There is, but he's sticking to PS2 and X-Box now sadly. To be fair, I haven't been to Newcastle since I was going out with a lass from Gateshead and if a night out there is still as good as it was then I could mix that in! These WWE Tours are getting expensive!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 157
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 30/10/2012 7:15:39 PM   
Sleazy

I live in Gateshead!

Not sure what scene you're into but as a rock/metal fan I'd say its still worth it.

Post #: 158
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 30/10/2012 9:25:19 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

I live in Gateshead!

Not sure what scene you're into but as a rock/metal fan I'd say its still worth it.

OFF TOPIC!!! I don't remember the name but there was a rock club we used to go to that I remember going to, we used to start in Goose in the Garden, go onto a bar that had record covers on the tables then into this club, but this was the best part of 10 years ago, so I don't remember the names!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 159
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 30/10/2012 9:45:35 PM   
Sleazy

The pub was Trillians ( I am the quiz master there) rock club depending how long ago would be Legends or if over 8 years ago could have been CubaCuba (now called Venue and a kiddy rock club) or The Mayfair (now a cinema).

Back on topic...anyone else here got any Atari love?

< Message edited by Sleazy -- 30/10/2012 9:46:23 PM >

Post #: 160
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 30/10/2012 9:51:09 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

The pub was Trillians ( I am the quiz master there) rock club depending how long ago would be Legends or if over 8 years ago could have been CubaCuba (now called Venue and a kiddy rock club) or The Mayfair (now a cinema).

Back on topic...anyone else here got any Atari love?

Yep CubaCuba sounds right!! Kinda spooky that you quizmaster at Trillians now!

With regards Atari, I have vague memories of ours, I'd have been about 5 when we got a 2600 and played day and night on Pong and Pacman

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 161
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 1/11/2012 6:36:36 PM   
Sleazy

got a 2600 Jr for 2.70 on Ebay, missing joysticks but i have spares.

Just had a mooch around CEX, usual rubbish but i finally relented and picked up Mario Kart Double Dash. 12 is more than I wanted to pay but (heresy to most) its my favourite Mario Kart.

Also got Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

Post #: 162
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 2/11/2012 11:03:32 AM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

got a 2600 Jr for 2.70 on Ebay, missing joysticks but i have spares.

Just had a mooch around CEX, usual rubbish but i finally relented and picked up Mario Kart Double Dash. 12 is more than I wanted to pay but (heresy to most) its my favourite Mario Kart.

Also got Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

Count me as officially jealous - those are 2 of the 3 main games I keep bidding on on ebay and they always go for too much for my liking!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 163
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 2/11/2012 11:34:07 AM   
Sleazy

both look great, FF:CC looks beautiful on a big screen (via wii with component, havent tried on actual cube yet).

Both can be ordered off CEX website if you are struggling, 8 for FF:CC is decent.

On a less happy note, the Atari big bundle I got had a few issues, I contacted the seller and will copy/paste our conversation so far. What should I do? I'm happy with the rest of it and dont want to return it but I think he is rather unhelpful. His responses are in red, he didnt show it working, he showed the atari working - it could have been any adaptor. Would this warranty a neg?

25/10
Dear far2sly,hi. the 2600 has arrived. can u tell me how you got it to display? i have hooked it to an old style tv that i run a spectrum through no problem but there doesnt seen to be a signal coming through- motleysi

25/10
Dear motleysi,HiOn my tv I just used the manual search and had the Atari on with a cartridge in and found the channel that way.Regards- far2sly
25/10
Dear far2sly,i think i have found the problem. that mains adaptor doesnt work- motleysi

25/10
Dear far2sly,all sorted. i had a spare adaptor and it works- motleysi

01/11
Dear far2sly,Hi, so after testing everything on the atari i can say that other than a few carts (expected) the paddles are faulty, the power pack is faulty and one of the joysticks is faulty (not the one pointed out as poor condition).I am happy with the rest of it but I feel these items should have been in working condition.Please adviseSi- motleysi

02/11
Dear motleysi,Good morningI Am not sure what you are wanting as a response as you have had this item for over seven days?Suffice to say the power pack was working fine at the time of listing as the pictures show for the auction advert and tested prior to dispatch, replacement paddles are available on ebay for under 10, the ones included in the auction were also tested and working fine at the time of dispatch.regards- far2sly
02/11
Dear far2sly,hiwell i am not sure what to say to that. The power pack and paddles do NOT work. The psu is not original. Your pics are not proof of this. I dont think 7 days is too long to test such a large amount of things.I thought i would contact you once it was clear there was more than just the psu at fault.- motleysi

Post #: 164
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 2/11/2012 11:52:05 AM   
Chief

Neg the cunt.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 165
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 2/11/2012 12:38:58 PM   
juanvasquez

Perhaps it's worth setting up a dispute with eBay. They always side with the buyer (which is a pain when they take advantage of that), so maybe you can get the guy to replace the paddles.

Failing that, you've got the sellers address. Find him and shank that mother fuckers ass.

Or not.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 166
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 2/11/2012 12:53:05 PM   
Sleazy

its not a massive problem, I actually have another set of paddles on their way to me but thats not the point.

If I had been the seller I would have responded with an apology and an offer for a partial refund. He points out that paddles can be picked up for a tenner - offer to pay for them! I spent 80 on this bundle.

Its his tough-shit attitude that bugs me, I really dont like to neg people unless they have scammed me. I believe he didnt know they were broken but i dont believe he checked.

Perhaps just leave neutral feedback and move on?

Post #: 167
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 2/11/2012 1:34:24 PM   
talpacino

No I'd go with Juan's idea. Shank that fool!

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 168
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 2/11/2012 7:23:21 PM   
Sleazy

On a happier note I called into That Retro Game Shop and nabbed Majoras Mask for N64.

Also got 4 SMS games for a quid each - Shadow of the beast, trivial pursuit, Rambo 3 and line of fire.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 169
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 2/11/2012 7:31:47 PM   
juanvasquez

I remember trivial pursuit on the master system. The correct answer was always the same option each time. Made things boring very quickly!

I'd love a master system again. Was one of my favourites growing up. I've no room for any more consoles at the minute though. My bedroom is becoming covered in cables!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 170
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 2/11/2012 7:32:22 PM   
Sleazy

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Has anyone ever played a OLD Snes game called Weaponlord? Made by Namco.

Just noticed this post. yes it was one of the snes games a guy at work gave me. Its terrible.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 171
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 5/11/2012 6:38:04 PM   
Sleazy

bought a couple of ataris going cheap on ebay cos they had no psu.

first one was a 2600jr which cost me 7 total. it was just the console itself. i hooked it up and the power light comes on snd the tv pops but the game doesnt display
curses.

next one was a 2600 light sixer. it came with paddles and empire strikes back. cost me 15 all together. hooked it up and..... works perfectly! so a total spend of 22 was worth it for a 6 switch woody.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 172
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 11/11/2012 8:29:58 PM   
juanvasquez

The RF unit in mine is faulty so I'm gonna sell it as a fixer upper. I'm no good with soldering and whatever. So I thought I'd offer it up here before I stick it on ebay. It'll be with Pac-Man and Wizard of Wor, no joystick (it came with Megadrive pads, which I'm keeping!), but it is one of the sought after heavy sixers.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 173
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 12/11/2012 12:02:46 PM   
Sleazy

I wouldnt know where to start (thats probably the same problem as my jr). I have no skill whatsoever with soldering and that.

Post #: 174
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 14/11/2012 1:20:51 PM   
Sleazy

Stumbled across a Dreamcast site and it turns out the DC is a homebrewers dream!

Downloaded a few things including a new OS to allow you to attach and use an SD card (and load games from there) as well as various emulators. Was an odd experience playing CPC games on a DC.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 175
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 18/11/2012 8:24:27 PM   
juanvasquez

If you wouldn't mind PM'ing a link to my inbox, I would be eternally grateful!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 176
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 19/11/2012 10:39:10 AM   
Sleazy

have pm'd you the link.

take a look at this place too - sells retro games at reasonable prices, also sells the sd card adaptor for Dreamcast

http://www.rightsprite.co.uk/

Post #: 177
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 19/11/2012 3:30:24 PM   
Sleazy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atari-VCS-2600-Heavy-Sixer-console-Spares-repairs-/281026376743?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item416e7a3427

is this yours Juan? I dont think thats a heavy sixer.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 178
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 19/11/2012 9:13:05 PM   
juanvasquez

Aye it is. I've had it open and the it meets the description. Why'd you reckon it's not? I don't want to mis-sell it

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 179
RE: Lets play RETRO!!! - 20/11/2012 8:07:00 AM   
Sleazy

Its the thickness of the sides that throw me off, it looks like it has thin sides like a light sixer ( just like my 2), Light sixers were also made in Sunnyvale for a while.

here is a heavy sixer, note the thickness of the sides, the inner corners at the front are more rounded too:

and here is yours:

if you wanna be sure then weigh it. A light sixer is around 3.5 pounds, a heavy will be almost 5.

Hope that helps mate.

< Message edited by Sleazy -- 20/11/2012 8:09:32 AM >

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Lets play RETRO!!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI