Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Michael Fassbender Plans Cuchulain

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Michael Fassbender Plans Cuchulain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Michael Fassbender Plans Cuchulain - 18/2/2012 6:20:45 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
At last! - 18/2/2012 6:20:45 PM   
bnicholson50

Finally someone has copped the fact that Irish mythology would make an epic movie. I really hope they make the brave decision to film it entirely in the Irish language.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
good good - 18/2/2012 6:21:44 PM   
elsquig

great news,great actor,great story. i hope its based on the book on ravens wing. Cuchulain was the original wolverine who flew into berserker rages and preffered his own company. he was also known as the hound of ulster, i always found it funny that loyalist death squads in ulster have murals on their walls of him when his whole deal was protecting ireland from invaders,ironic eh? anyway hope it works out for fassbender cuz he is a gooden.

Post #: 3
good good - 18/2/2012 6:21:46 PM   
elsquig

great news,great actor,great story. i hope its based on the book on ravens wing. Cuchulain was the original wolverine who flew into berserker rages and preffered his own company. he was also known as the hound of ulster, i always found it funny that loyalist death squads in ulster have murals on their walls of him when his whole deal was protecting ireland from invaders,ironic eh? anyway hope it works out for fassbender cuz he is a gooden.

Post #: 4
Ríastrad warpspasms ahoy...... - 19/2/2012 11:11:15 AM   
papalupara

in the right directors hands this could be fekin epic!

Post #: 5
really empire... - 19/2/2012 11:42:56 PM   
Greagoir

A 'northern' Irish legend?... Its an Irish legend full stop. Long before that border existed Ireland was and still is one nation. The Ulster Cycle ie the story of Setanta ie CúChulain is one such tale from that great nation of Ireland. The province of Ulster also containing Cavan and Donegal which are 'southern' counties... I know you're a united (soon to be divided if the Scots get there say) kingdom magazine but at the very least respect the Irish legends for what they are, partitionless... And in the hands of a fine Irish actor like Fass and given the LOTR treatment should be epic...

< Message edited by Greagoir -- 19/2/2012 11:48:55 PM >

Post #: 6
Bit old for it isn't he? - 20/2/2012 1:02:40 PM   
Gaughranorama

The Táin would make a great movie but Cú Chulainn was 17 when he died.

Post #: 7
Epic Awesomeness!!! - 20/2/2012 6:06:59 PM   
potemkin1925

And hopefully the fact that his company is named Finn McCool is a portent of a trilogy to come after Cuculainn.
As to Fassbender being too old - that wouldn't be an issue - it isn't meant to be historical fact after all plus Culculainn's mother was pregnant with him for 9 nine years so age could just be a metaphor - dying at 17 just an arty way of saying before his time.

Bnicolson50, I'm right with you on the language. However, it couldn't just be Irish - it would have to be the Gaelige of the time and all it's regional differences. It would be awesome, but... I'd say it will not be so. Gaelige or English, this is epic news.

Post #: 8
And no Yankee chicks!!! - 20/2/2012 6:19:05 PM   
potemkin1925

I don't care how genuine an accent they can do - there are plenty of fit Irish birds!!!
I can't wait to see a movie with Queen Medbh - "we have an agreement then. Let's shag on it" :)

Post #: 9
RE: And no Yankee chicks!!! - 22/2/2012 3:55:03 PM   
Woger

I wonder what approach they'll go for; some of the stuff is bonkers such as Cuchulains berserker rage where his body turns in his skin. Also I think the two bulls are supposed to be reincarnations of gods who were pre destined to fight to the death.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to potemkin1925)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Michael Fassbender Plans Cuchulain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI