Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: RE:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE: - 5/4/2012 10:46:59 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: loafroaster

Having a woman review Ghost Rider is like having a man review Eat Pray Love. OF COURSE SHE ISN'T GOING TO LIKE IT!

What a moronic post. I've even put it in bold to highlight how stupid a comment it actually is.

Anyway back on topic; I've seen a preview of this film and it is quite awful. I think giving it two stars is an insult to two star films; christ its an insult to one star films.

I'll put this in the same category as the first Ghost Rider, Punisher and Wolverine; films that should be dark, violent, gritty...but are just shit. A pot filled with poo, bubbling away in a pan on an oven hob of crapness. Idris Elba deserves better...can anyone remember the last time Cage made a good film??!!

Yes. Bad Lieutenant!

BTW The Punisher (i take it your referring to the first?) is NOT shit. Yes, it could have been better, but it WAS entertaining nonethless! But I agree, Wolverine IS shit!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 61
RE: Just awful - 5/4/2012 10:47:57 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

Having a woman review Ghost Rider is like having a man review Eat Pray Love. OF COURSE SHE ISN'T GOING TO LIKE IT!

What a moronic post. I've even put it in bold to highlight how stupid a comment it actually is.

Anyway back on topic; I've seen a preview of this film and it is quite awful. I think giving it two stars is an insult to two star films; christ its an insult to one star films.

I'll put this in the same category as the first Ghost Rider, Punisher and Wolverine; films that should be dark, violent, gritty...but are just shit. A pot filled with poo, bubbling away in a pan on an oven hob of crapness. Idris Elba deserves better...can anyone remember the last time Cage made a good film??!!

Yes. Bad Lieutenant!

BTW The Punisher (i take it your referring to the first?) is NOT shit. Yes, it could have been better, but it WAS entertaining nonethless! But I agree, Wolverine IS shit!

(in reply to bretty)
Post #: 62
RE: RE: - 5/4/2012 10:55:00 AM   
Discodez

quote:

...can anyone remember the last time Cage made a good film??!!

Matchstick Men?

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 63
RE: Just awful - 5/4/2012 10:56:19 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

Yes. Bad Lieutenant!

(in reply to bretty)
Post #: 64
RE: RE: - 5/4/2012 6:27:38 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

Yes, Bad Lieutenant.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 65
RE: RE: - 5/4/2012 7:57:38 PM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

Yes. Bad Lieutenant!

Kick-ass. Although to be honest he always plays himself.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 66
RE: RE: - 7/4/2012 9:04:21 PM   
Nexus Wookie

My god! How many times did. I post that?!?!

Apologies guys! I was on my phone that day, and for some reason it kept on saying error everytime I wanted to post, so I re-posted, I never thought i'd be posting twice or more!

But I agree, I love Cage in Kick Ass too! He stole the show in my opinion! He still remains one of my favourite actors. He's not afraid to go all out loco!

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 67
RE: Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance - 24/7/2012 8:55:16 PM   
moviebuff73

i enjoyed the first ghost rider movie but not the sequel, 92 minutes of my life wasted.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 68
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - 20/2/2013 3:59:25 AM   
norgizfox

It's not completely terrible, but two stars might suggest it as "fun bad". Ugly and campy, this sequel suggests that nobody cared about making it. The action's a bore and the story is bloated with mundane characterization and tedious religious allegories.

Post #: 69
Spirit of vengeance...more like Spirit of failure - 15/7/2013 11:23:23 AM   
silence1

How can I compare this to a rats bedding? well for one it smells terrible (in a metaphorical way) and its not worth touching with a twelve foot pole. Nicholas 'the cage' Cage really fell into a rut with this film, I mean this brings the term of terrible sequels to a new level I mean it doesn't even fit in with the first story and having a new writer and director didn't help. The film didn't even need a sequel, I didn't want to see what happened next the whole idea of the bike was ignored completely.

The villain wasn't the old actor making it inconsistent and the thing about wanting to embrace the curse of the ghost rider was binned to make him a sentimental half-wit on the same lines as Bruce Banner with hulk with him trying not to let the rider out....obviously he forgot about his vow to KEEP the curse and fight the devil with it.

This film was disgusting and has no value for me so rate this film a 1.3.

Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI