Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Two stars is quite generous...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Two stars is quite generous... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Two stars is quite generous... - 18/2/2012 12:32:48 AM   
SUPER_movie_FREAK

Yes I will watch it, when it's on TV for free or I'll buy it when it's in the HMV sale as it's clearly not worth me spending more than £3 or £4 on. Yes I'll get round to watching it but only because I want to see how much of a shit movie it really is as I can't really say how shit it is until I've seen it all the way through can I.

But it begs the question when its compared to the first film, it makes it seem like stone-baked gold then it must be a fucking pile of stinking shit as I wasn't exactly thrilled with the first film either.

As Helen put it "I was more generous in this case than many of my male colleagues would have been” In other words people who have a brain realise what a shit film it really must be.

What my brain? Oh only a few A level, a certificate in natural sciences and a university degree.

About the whole a male reviewer would have been more lenient scenario, you couldn't be more wrong. If you look at the rotten tomatoes critic reviews for it there's a ton of male critics saying how really bad it is.

Some examples:

Peter Travers
One look at the dreadful mess that is Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance will turn your whisper into a primal Cage scream: MAKE THIS MOVIE STOP

Scott Weinberg
Bad news for fans of the character, admirers of quality filmmaking, and anyone who forgot to bring some Tylenol to the screening.

Robbie Collin
"Let's just say good judgment's not my forte," quips Cage at one point, although the line can also be applied in a broader sense.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_rider_spirit_of_vengeance/

< Message edited by SUPER_movie_FREAK -- 18/2/2012 1:23:09 AM >

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 31
RE: It could have been so good... - 18/2/2012 1:11:06 AM   
SUPER_movie_FREAK

Yes I will watch it, when it's on TV for free or I'll buy it when it's in the HMV sale as it's clearly not worth me spending more than £3 or £4 on. Yes I'll get round to watching it but only because I want to see how much of a shit movie it really is as I can't really say how shit it is until I've seen it all the way through can I.

But it begs the question when its compared to the first film, it makes it seem like stone-baked gold then it must be a fucking pile of stinking shit as I wasn't exactly thrilled with the first film either.

As Helen put it "I was more generous in this case than many of my male colleagues would have been” In other words people who have a brain realise what a shit film it really must be.

What my brain? Oh only a few A level, a certificate in natural sciences and a university degree.

About the whole a male reviewer would have been more lenient scenario, you couldn't be more wrong. If you look at the rotten tomatoes critic reviews for it there's a ton of male critics saying how really bad it is.

Some examples:

Peter Travers
One look at the dreadful mess that is Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance will turn your whisper into a primal Cage scream: MAKE THIS MOVIE STOP

Scott Weinberg
Bad news for fans of the character, admirers of quality filmmaking, and anyone who forgot to bring some Tylenol to the screening.

Robbie Collin
"Let's just say good judgment's not my forte," quips Cage at one point, although the line can also be applied in a broader sense.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_rider_spirit_of_vengeance/

< Message edited by SUPER_movie_FREAK -- 18/2/2012 1:23:22 AM >

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 32
Yeeesh, this was bad. - 18/2/2012 10:12:28 AM   
alsybroth

It isn't dreadful enough to be 1 star, as its extremely trashy, punk-like aesthetic kinda ticks my favourite pulp tendencies. But the frenetic camerawork and wide-angle lenses were just plain nauseating at times. Especially in some scenes where the film suddenly looks like it just tripped on hallucinogens.
Everything else though blows. Every character in this film are totally one-note, the plot is completely nonsensical and riddled with awful logic (even for a comic superhero film) the dialogue is truly stupid and unmemorable but saying all that....I stilll think its somewhat...better, I think, than the original?
Still wouldn't wanna watch it again though.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 33
RE: Yeeesh, this was bad. - 18/2/2012 10:21:25 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Surely from what i've heard the shaky camerawork added to the 3D is not a good match.

(in reply to alsybroth)
Post #: 34
RE: Yeeesh, this was bad. - 18/2/2012 10:49:36 AM   
alsybroth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Surely from what i've heard the shaky camerawork added to the 3D is not a good match.

It wasn't an issue as the 3D was completely worthless anyway. It was nothing but standard lazy post-conversion 3D and SO many of the scenes looked flat anyway. When you lift your glasses several dozen times during a 90-min movie to see the little difference between the 3D and unrectified shots you know its shit!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 35
RE: Yeeesh, this was bad. - 18/2/2012 11:32:27 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

I'm surprised I'm saying this, as I dislike 3D immensely, but I thought it worked quite well here. It helps that the film was only 90 minutes long, but for once I didn't leave the cinema with a headache. The problems with the budget limitations were softened by the use of 3D too, ironing over some of the cheaper looking fx work. The combination of 3D and shaky cam genuinely didn't bother me either, which again, surprises as shaky cam is usually a recipe for disaster with me.

< Message edited by adambatman82 -- 18/2/2012 11:34:19 AM >

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 36
worst. film. ever - 18/2/2012 9:19:09 PM   
tysmuse

Clearly made on such a cheap budget. Zero plot. Boring. No laughs. Cage given just the one freak-out scene.

Post #: 37
The Green Lantern Vs Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance - 18/2/2012 11:10:19 PM   
SUPER_movie_FREAK

Which is worse? The Green Lantern or Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance.

Two films which should have been amazing but turned out to be just as good as a pile of pig shit.

But which one is the better pile of pig shit?

Post #: 38
"this is less a film than a tattoo that lasts 90 m... - 19/2/2012 12:54:23 PM   
bronco3114

That pretty much sums it all up (a regrettable tattoo at that). I was optimistic when this sequel was announced even with the lack of buzz after the first effort. Thought they might cut lose and make a darker, violent and more faithful version liberated from the commercial pressures of a bigger budget ...alas no. Helen's right they weren't as funny as they thought they were being in places (why they were trying to be I don't really know). Cage was actually better as Blaze I though though but the film was a directionless mess and the action scenes poor. Even the first Ghost Rider for all it's derision had some well put together scenes not least the awesome tearing up a sky scraper scene. 2 stars was probably being kind. PS Ghost Rider in the daylight, who thought that was a good idea?

Post #: 39
RE: The Green Lantern Vs Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance - 19/2/2012 12:58:47 PM   
bronco3114

Ghost Rider ...the Green Lanterns faults numerous as they were at least was in a the right tone and the casting pretty good. With a better script it has a future, Ghost Rider as a main character (maybe has a future as a supporting character in another Marvel franchise) is dead.

(in reply to SUPER_movie_FREAK)
Post #: 40
RE: Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance - 19/2/2012 1:05:19 PM   
bronco3114

I probably shout have just read this and saved myself the effort of posting. Agreed with everything. I have a cineworld card and so only had to pay the additional £1.50 for 3D ...and still felt very cheated! I actually forgot it was 3D.

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 41
- 19/2/2012 3:50:27 PM   
J_BUltimatum

Idris Elba is good but that's about it. Thought it may have been good but with a 12a rating and Nic Cage in it, it was never going to be any good. The sorry thing is that it's not so bad it's good.

Post #: 42
Not Fans Of Directors - 19/2/2012 4:58:57 PM   
BenTramer

Neveldine and Taylor need to stop with all the hyperactive shaky cam, what the hell is the deal with that? It's all over the bloody place. On top of that, they dump a load of deafening RAWK music. How about telling a clever, funny story about people? Nah, that wouldn't be like the 2-hour videogames Neveldine and Taylor spew out. It's not even style over substance, no style at all, just a mess.

Post #: 43
RE: Not Fans Of Directors - 20/2/2012 4:14:16 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Is it me or did the US get it in 2d also as when looking at Box office Mojo there was no mention of 3D next to it in the chart?

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 44
Ugh - 20/2/2012 5:47:53 PM   
sephiroth7

Indescribably awful!

Post #: 45
I Effing knew it Helen! - 22/2/2012 10:15:19 PM   
dgribble

I knew you guys would screw The Cage over as soon as he left the building after that web chat. You lying hypocritical ~@#$%£whits, shook his and smiled through your teeth acting like you admired his career and acting abilities; and he feel for it. Not knowing that the minute you left you guys would backstab like every other putrid film critic on this damn planet!

The only good thing I can say is that at least you didn't piss take his hair this time; maybe you guys don't want another verbal bollocking from me again. I still feel my arguments had you guys by the scrotum; assuming my theory that you guys at Empire are all unick s is wrong.

Post #: 46
The Real Review - 22/2/2012 10:42:26 PM   
dgribble

Ok horsing around aside; I'd way this more as a disappointing than a disaster. This is overall thanks to same reason the first one was disappointing than awful; Cage. First let's get the movie's flaws out the way. The two (at times three) culprits are: David S Goyer, The dick that decided to convert this into 3D, and at times the directors. For the man who wrote the first two Blade movies; and helped co-write the Nolan Batman saga, I have to wonder what the hell is happening to David S Goyer, after disasters like Blade Trinity and The Unborn it seems he's regressing back to his Crow 2/Demonic Toys days of crap. The film is by far my closer to the comic; but why with this amount of potential does Goyer waste it by writing such a cack handed and repetitive story. (Wait a minute there isn't really a story), it seems all Goyer has done is connect some week character building moments (use this faintly) to fill in the breaks between the action. I mean come on; where's the extra suffering and struggle you could have give to Mr Cage and his character; that would have been perfect for the movie; after it's only common sense to give us more of the movies best strength. But no he insists on boring the life out of you until the next action scene; you feel the life being sucked out of you (either that or I needed more sleep and some food before going to see this; will try to see it again in 2D.) That's the movies other feature that ruins it; 3D. I actually wanted to see this in 2D; the sequences in the trailer looked so cool that I felt they did not require 3D. Still after being unable to locate a 2D showing I settled on 3D. Now I consider myself a 3D vet; I generally quite enjoy films shot using proper 3D; but I don't feel it's necessary for every film out there. GR is one of these movies as it makes it impossible to see what the hell is going on during the action. Ok fair enough it was fast paced. but I'm sure I could have kept up in 2D. But sadly was unable to in3D and as a r

Post #: 47
Real review Part 2 - 22/2/2012 10:43:49 PM   
dgribble

in3D and as a result the coal digger sequence, which I'd been so looking forward to was a chaotic, indiscernible mish mash. The only sequence that remained unruined by this was the final road chase; worth viewing even in 3D. However that was one sequence, that was sadly just not that long enough. The final blame goes to the directors who only managed to spare some energy for filming through out. Believe it or not I felt a severe lack of energy in this film; when the Rider finally comes out, it lacks the energy and momentum that you felt when Bruce Wayne dawned his cowl in Begins; Tony Stark suiting up for the first time...and even Snipes preparing to kill some suck heads. Not once until the end of the movie was I edging out of my seat; and when the Rider finally appears for his first fight it deflates like a flaccid balloon; a demon taken out by a pimped out shotgun...really. But what saved the movie and ensured I will definitely be checking out again is Cage. Say what you want about the movie's other features, but Cage can come through this completely unscathed; as the effort he puts into bringing this character to life show that this really is a passion project for him. It's clear that he deeply loves this character as his efforts with both Blaze and the Rider is something we've not seen from him in a while. For starters we finally believe that this is struggling with everything he's got to keep this monster inside. His flip out moment as mentioned by Empire is both weirdly funny and slightly creepy; hopefully Cage is just really good portraying this man is close to the edge, if not I'm worried for the man's psyche. As for the Rider; Cage's inspirational voodoo dance movements work perfectly; finally we have a convincing Rider here. The odd twitches and head movements and mannerisms really to convey that both Blaze and the Rider are both separate entities. Cage gives it his all to ensure that it's abundantly clear that these are two different characters and gives

Post #: 48
Real Review Part 3 - 22/2/2012 10:45:47 PM   
dgribble

. Cage gives it his all to ensure that it's abundantly clear that these are two different characters and gives the Rider a more dimensional feel when interacting with other characters. For the first time this is a Rider to be feared; Cage's movements really do convince that there is a demon in our presence. So while the move may be a disappointment, justice has been done for the character, and Cage can be proud of that. To conclude while the movie may well be torn by a bunch of film nerds who bitch about movies for a living; and probably didn't even pay to see this; flaws aside Cage's performance and dedication have me hoping that one more chance be given to the get this right; they have the character nailed, now they just need to make a better film. So keep Cage, but get a better writer and director and keep it in 2D next time.

Post #: 49
RE: Real Review Part 3 - 23/2/2012 8:31:04 AM   
Dr Lenera

Somewhere in Eastern Europe, a monastery sheltering Nadya and her young son Danny, is attacked by some troops led by Ray Carrigan, a bounty hunter and Nadya’s ex-boyfriend. They narrowly escape with their lives, aided by a priest called Moreau who goes off to get help. This potential ‘help’ is Johnny Blaze, immortal and able to turn into a demon in the presence of evil because of a deal with the Devil, and in hiding, tiring of his curse. Meanwhile Nadya and Danny are attacked and almost killed when Blaze turns up and rescues them, but not before Danny has been kidnapped. It seems that Carrigan is working for a guy called Roarke, who is actually the Devil, and he is Danny’s father. Blaze, Nadya and Moreau set out to rescue the boy…………

Near the beginning of Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance, our hero, in the guise of Nicolas Cage, says “let’s just say good judgement is not my forte”, and the comment is very apt, because, with the notable exception of Knowing, Cage’s judgement of late concerning roles has really been very poor indeed. His 2007 outing as Ghost Rider had potential – come on, the idea of a motorbike-driving anti-hero with a flaming skull for a face is a very cool one and such a great image that you would think it would be hard to a film to totally botch it up with some a protagonist – but that potential was not realised. Still, it passed the time as entertainment and had some fun action. This follow-up doesn’t succeed as entertainment at all and nor does it have any fun action. It’s a stupid, ugly, soulless mess that all involved with should be ashamed with.

Initial word of this sequel hinted that this would be a much darker movie than the first, and, let’s face it, the subject matter, with its skeletal anti-hero, Devil, Faustian pacts etc., is really far more suited to a more adult rating than the ‘PG-13’ / ‘12’ ratings they decided to aim for again with this sequel. So again we have a movie that seems like it’s constantly chickening out of embracing many of its elements which a higher rating would have allowed. The much lower budget, as well the directorial involvement of the duo behind the Crank movies, should have enabled the studio or whatever idiot decided on the certificate to have more freedom and go further, but sadly it just isn’t the case here. Of course I am not saying every film has to have an ‘R’ or an ‘18’, I just think a Ghost Rider film would be much better served by one. Maybe next time, though I would imagine after this stinker there won’t be another one.

So what you basically have here is a frenzied mix of stupid plotting and incoherent action, all centred around Cage doing his usual tiresome screaming and face pulling, a set of tics which seems to be all he can do now, in lieu of an actual portrayal of a character. There is a tragic element to the Ghost Rider character which admittedly the script doesn’t do much with, but a decent actor would have shown some of this through his performance. Some scenes just have Cage literally yelling for ages, something I’m sure he loved doing but I wished I was in the film and had a gun so I could shut him up permanently. The story is basically one of those ‘Devil’s Second Coming’ storylines which have been done to death, but could have still worked [at least End Of Days was fun] somewhat if the writing had been okay, but no, the script, which shamefully David Goyer had a hand in, is incredibly clumsy and almost incoherent, and not in an enjoyable way! The storytelling is abysmal – an early scene shows the priest Moreau visiting Blaze to ask for his help, and what he asks him is for his help in taking Nadya and her strange son to a secret monastery in return for his curse being lifter, but we don’t see this. Only much later, over half way through, do we see the group approach a monastery, which gives the impression that it was just around the corner and we don’t know why they are there, and we then learn of the agreement between Moreau and Blaze.

The action, as you might expect from the Crank helmers, is filmed with the camera shaking all over the place and lots of quick and often unusual shots, but what may have worked for those movies if you consider the subject matter [though I still dislike this style] does not suit this one so well, especially the shakycam which is incredibly irritating. Its employment means that the action just cannot be seen properly, and it meant that, as with many recent movies such as The Grey to Intruders, I was actually dreading the action scenes. If any filmmakers are reading this; please guys, unless you are Paul Greengrass [who seems to know how to make it work] or making a ‘found footage’ film, we are sick of this excuse for just plain bad filmmaking. Just go off and learn how to shoot scenes properly. There’s a scene in Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance, where Blaze starts doing stuff with a crane about, but you just can’t tell what he is really doing. The idea here was obviously to do a more down to earth, gritty Ghost Rider film, but the meagre gun fights and scenes of Blaze smashing opponents into a million molecules that comprise most of the action are instantly forgettable. You don’t even get to see a proper transformation scene, while the Ghost Rider has been stupidly redesigned so you can barely see his skull amidst all the smoke.

Occasionally a directorial quirk works okay, such as the idea of staging one scene and short portions of other scenes in a totally black background. Sometimes we are told information amidst bright red and yellow where characters almost look they are animated; there’s a great bit where we are shown various incarnations of the Devil over the years such as Genghis Khan, Adolf Hitler and, um, Jerry Springer! Half way through someone becomes a cool supervillain who causes things to decay with his hands and provides a few strong images. There are also a few laughs, though it’s hard to tell if they are intentional or not, like when Danny says to Blaze, just after seeing him in his demonic form;“he’s far cooler than the guys mum normally hangs out with with”. Violante Placido, who I enjoyed in The American, is a sexy, sparkling heroine, and Ciaran Hinds, who seems to be everywhere these days, is a great Devil, really giving an impression of pure evil and making that great frown of his look rather terrifying. He’s acting in a good film, but it’s a different one from Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance, which overall is a very poor movie indeed, and by the way the 3 is rubbish - but you expected that didn't you? There is a brief scene about half way through where we see Blaze riding furiously on his bike, racing towards the audience as the camera moves backwards extremely fast and sometimes jumps furiously back a great many feet, all while Cage, of course, screams his head off. It’s a perfect encapsulation of the movie; annoying as hell, excruciatingly dumb, and you just want to get out of the way.

Rating: 3/10

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to dgribble)
Post #: 50
RE: I Effing knew it Helen! - 23/2/2012 9:47:14 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: dgribble

I knew you guys would screw The Cage over as soon as he left the building after that web chat. You lying hypocritical ~@#$%£whits, shook his and smiled through your teeth acting like you admired his career and acting abilities; and he feel for it. Not knowing that the minute you left you guys would backstab like every other putrid film critic on this damn planet!

The only good thing I can say is that at least you didn't piss take his hair this time; maybe you guys don't want another verbal bollocking from me again. I still feel my arguments had you guys by the scrotum; assuming my theory that you guys at Empire are all unick s is wrong.

?

I don't see much of a contradiction between admiring some of an actor's work and thinking him capable of good performances and acknowledging that OMG he is doing a pile of shit to seemingly pay off his tax bill. Irrrespective - stick to reviews and not attacks, please, no matter how fanboy you are about a particular actor.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to dgribble)
Post #: 51
RE: I Effing knew it Helen! - 23/2/2012 12:51:46 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: dgribble

Post of the year.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 23/2/2012 12:52:15 PM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to dgribble)
Post #: 52
Not even Cage can save this one - 23/2/2012 2:24:15 PM   
pottyaboutpotter1

Fast, action packed and hilarious. The words I should be using to describe the Ghost Rider sequel. Instead the words dull, uninspired and poorly made come to mind. Cage goes crazy in his acting which reallly drags the film down. The acting is terrible and the few times Ghost Rider is allowed out he impresses but is quickly shoved away again. Trivia: Ghost Rider only has three major scenes and is pretty much offscreen for most of the film. A huge dissapointment.,

Post #: 53
RE: Not even Cage can save this one - 26/2/2012 10:28:38 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Just saw this and pretty enjoyed it, not perfect but any means but perfectly half decent trash entertainment... plus Idris Elba was ace and Anthony Head had a nice cameo... the 3D was pointless, and Nicolas Cage had me laughing hysterically unintentionally but it passed the time so I'll give it a lower end 3/5

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to pottyaboutpotter1)
Post #: 54
RE: Not even Cage can save this one - 26/2/2012 10:51:25 PM   
Rgirvan44

You are all paying too much attention to Cages performance. Hinds out- Cages Cage.

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 26/2/2012 10:54:40 PM >

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 55
cage ok story poor - 1/4/2012 5:20:45 AM   
chrisharvey1551

set pieces good well, shot bravo camera team just missing any kind of script really

Post #: 56
RE: Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance - 3/4/2012 10:27:34 PM   
Phubbs

Always thought the casting of Cage for this film was wrong, a complete misfire really, a younger unknown actor may have been better I think. He certainly fits the bill with the manic possessed tortured inner-demon issues that's for sure but the guy is too old lets face it.

So they have another crack at this and basically its slightly better than the first, not much, but it does have an edge. For a start the cgi and effects overall are better than the first, the GR looks darker and more burnt with ash and grim rather than the terrible cartoon look he had before. The action is BIG as you would expect, cgi in your face boy! as flames leap around and henchmen get turned into crispy toast, nothing you haven't seen before really so I don't have to explain anymore.

A few plot queries arise for me...why does the devil require a young boy to gain human form when he already has a human form? and why not use any boy instead of going crazy trying to nab one particular boy?. Why didn't the devil just make lots of guys like Blackout? and why not just do that from the start?

My original thought with Blaze (not being up on the mythos) is why does he turn into the Ghost Rider in the presence of evil? surely the devil likes evil? is it because the devil wants evil souls and the GR gathers them for him? can't the devil just do this himself?

Anyway its totally popcorn overdrive and completely daft as you would expect, I think the franchise is now officially dead seeing as this has flopped even more so than the first. Solution? make it like it should be...an adult venture with an 18/R rating, simple.

So end of the day if you wanna see lots of idiotic henchmen that never learn the simple premise of 'bullets don't harm the man/creature your firing at no matter how long you hold the trigger for, so just stop damn firing and run away you utter utter morons'...see this.

Post #: 57
RE: RE: - 5/4/2012 10:45:29 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: loafroaster

Having a woman review Ghost Rider is like having a man review Eat Pray Love. OF COURSE SHE ISN'T GOING TO LIKE IT!

What a moronic post. I've even put it in bold to highlight how stupid a comment it actually is.

Anyway back on topic; I've seen a preview of this film and it is quite awful. I think giving it two stars is an insult to two star films; christ its an insult to one star films.

I'll put this in the same category as the first Ghost Rider, Punisher and Wolverine; films that should be dark, violent, gritty...but are just shit. A pot filled with poo, bubbling away in a pan on an oven hob of crapness. Idris Elba deserves better...can anyone remember the last time Cage made a good film??!!

Yes. Bad Lieutenant!

BTW The Punisher (i take it your referring to the first?) is NOT shit. Yes, it could have been better, but it WAS entertaining nonethless! But I agree, Wolverine IS shit!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 58
RE: RE: - 5/4/2012 10:45:45 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

Having a woman review Ghost Rider is like having a man review Eat Pray Love. OF COURSE SHE ISN'T GOING TO LIKE IT!

What a moronic post. I've even put it in bold to highlight how stupid a comment it actually is.

Anyway back on topic; I've seen a preview of this film and it is quite awful. I think giving it two stars is an insult to two star films; christ its an insult to one star films.

I'll put this in the same category as the first Ghost Rider, Punisher and Wolverine; films that should be dark, violent, gritty...but are just shit. A pot filled with poo, bubbling away in a pan on an oven hob of crapness. Idris Elba deserves better...can anyone remember the last time Cage made a good film??!!

Yes. Bad Lieutenant!

BTW The Punisher (i take it your referring to the first?) is NOT shit. Yes, it could have been better, but it WAS entertaining nonethless! But I agree, Wolverine IS shit!

Post #: 59
RE: RE: - 5/4/2012 10:46:22 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

Yes. Bad Lieutenant!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Two stars is quite generous... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI