Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Tale of the Body Thief Vampire Movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Tale of the Body Thief Vampire Movie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tale of the Body Thief Vampire Movie - 15/2/2012 2:14:23 PM   
Dannybohy

As something of a long time Anne Rice fan and collector (20 years infact!) I think its bizarre that they have skipped to the Forth Vampire book!.
Now they may have chosen this purely because they can keep the budget low, as it's a very minimal main cast requirement with a hand full of locations, the budget can be kept way below what would be needed for to produce The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned (The two Lestat books preceding Body thief). The hope may be that if it's a success they can produce the other two books as Sequels to this movie! I just hope to god they don't try to cover Lestats back story with lame flashbacks in this movie! Please god no!. however I think you need to know Lestats history for Body Thief to work! . I guess with some clever writing they can still get this across in this movie, a lot will hinge on the casting for sure!. And casting will be real tricky! Why?. Well you will have to cast Lestat perfectly, great actor, Get the character right, have the right look!, yet the person who gets cast as Lestat will spend much of the movie playing a different character altogether! He will play the `bad guy` inhabiting Lestats body. And the other part will be an actor playing Lestat trapped in a human body!. Its going to take some skill in casting, acting and writing!  Then there is the casting of David Talbot! I'm guessing they will be quite obvious on this one! It will be an older well know actor, lets hope they get an real British actor!.
Anyways, some reasons why Im surprised they have skipped to this book!
1.       The Vampire Lestat in today's climate of awful sparkly teeny vampires would be kick these pretenders in to place! The vampire mythology Anne Rice creates in far superior in every way and the character Lestat is pure vampire gold for a vampire movie trilogy!.  Blade, Cullen's, underworld!! Stand aside! The OV is in the house!
2.       There are scenes in the Vampire Lestat and Queen of the damned that I would of thought any director in the world would love the chance to film . For example; Lestat horse riding into battle against the pack of wolfs in a snowy forest in rural France! 200 yrs ago when he was mortal! With flint lock and flail and his trusted Dogs. The same battle that was witnessed by the Vampire who turns him, Magnus!. The scene were he is taken from his apartment in Paris by Magnus, and Magnus going into the flames. Not to mention the back-story of the first vampires in the Queen of the Damned! Would just be awesome on the big screen.
3.       Body thief could have sat just as well as the last in a Lestat trilogy, the first two films would have created the anticipation with and people would have grown to love the character and know the reasons for his decisions in this forth book!.
Personally I think The Queen of the Damned movie did a lot of damage to the Chronicles as movies and skipping to Body thief is down to a realistic budget, studio not wanting to take to bug a risk this time, but what do I know! I would just add that although the QotD was tragic, I loved Stuart as Lestat., his Rock Star Lestat portrayal for the time was spot on and to that matter the Soundtrack to that movie was awesome and is constantly on play on my ipod to this day.  I love ToTBT book and it could be amazing on film! I love the part in the book when David and Lestat (in the other mortal body) witness Raglan James in Lestats body in the Bar aboard the Ship, such tension in that moment!. But  honestly!....I want to see The Vampire Lestat movie first. Oh and I would love Ridley Scott to produce and Direct them all!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess
Post #: 1
RE: Tale of the Body Thief Vampire Movie - 15/2/2012 9:35:09 PM   
rich

Future films, etc.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2
RE: Tale of the Body Thief Vampire Movie - 16/2/2012 12:54:20 AM   
elab49

Welcome to the site 

If you have a look round before posting, to see how things work, we'd appreciate it. There's a guideline thread stickied in this part of the sub-fprum (that notes what goes where - as Rich says, discussion of individual films either goes in Future, if unreleased, Reviews, if released and Favourite if you particularly like it. Actors etc go elsewhere to. We'd also ask that you check for an existing thread before posting a new one, although search isn't always great.

In this case, I can't find anything other than a News thread, so we'll move this one into Future FIlms.Or you could post in the Movie News thread from last week if you'd prefer.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Tale of the Body Thief Vampire Movie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI