Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gina Carano Finds Work In The Blood

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gina Carano Finds Work In The Blood Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gina Carano Finds Work In The Blood - 15/2/2012 1:49:59 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Had a feeling this would happen... - 15/2/2012 1:49:59 AM   
LaughingNabashin

She was excellent in Haywire no doubt, but I was hoping her next film would steer clear of any kind of action genre to showcase her talents as an actress. I really hope she isn't typecasted in her future roles, Gina Carano has the potential to becoming a huge & respected name in the movie industry.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
New Action Heroine - 15/2/2012 11:06:31 AM   
spark1

getting more action roles not a hardship.
we need a new action movie heroine that isn't angelina.

Post #: 3
RE: New Action Heroine - 15/2/2012 1:00:18 PM   
Whistler

I'm surprised people are saying she was good - excellent, even - in Haywire. I thought she was really poor, and definitely not strong enough for the lead. She looked nervous the whole time and she over-acted. I imagine it was partly because she'd been in something like two films that no-one had heard of prior to it, then suddenly she was leading this cast of immeasurable talent and she tried too hard to impress. However, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and see what her next role's like. Also, first paragraph = spoiler.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 4
- 15/2/2012 9:37:53 PM   
sifter132

I may be mindreading here, but I think many of the people saying she was 'good' in Haywire are not exactly referring to her acting prowess, rather that she succeeded in the role ie. the PART was good for her. I think of Rose McGowan in Planet Terror - pretty bad actress, but I loved her for that part.

So in that way, doing another action-y role should be a great role for Gina and the more roles she gets the better her opportunities to be a better actress if that's her aim.

And right with you spark - so much better to see a woman who can actually do some damage getting these parts. Jolie would blow away in a strong wind, but Gina has the muscle and skill to be very believable (and intimidating to her male co-stars).

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gina Carano Finds Work In The Blood Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI