Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Del Toro Now On For Beauty And The Beast

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Del Toro Now On For Beauty And The Beast Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Del Toro Now On For Beauty And The Beast - 14/2/2012 9:14:54 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Seriously - 14/2/2012 9:14:54 AM   
ronniem

Originality is dead...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Yes Please - 14/2/2012 10:28:14 AM   
ericcoyle

Well, if anyone can do this justice then it's definately del Toro. I really would love to see him direct Jane Eyre but this will do nicely thank you. He should also make it in Spanish, which seems to be when he makes his best movies. Imagine the sensibility of Pan's Labyrinth brought to this story. Please make it!

Post #: 3
Yes Please - 14/2/2012 10:28:39 AM   
ericcoyle

Well, if anyone can do this justice then it's definately del Toro. I really would love to see him direct Jane Eyre but this will do nicely thank you. He should also make it in Spanish, which seems to be when he makes his best movies. Imagine the sensibility of Pan's Labyrinth brought to this story. Please make it!

Post #: 4
Darker please - 14/2/2012 11:16:04 AM   
99intheshade

I think Del Toro could bring some of his wonderful darkness to this, make the Beast something to be truly feared.

Post #: 5
Great! - 14/2/2012 11:48:47 AM   
dannyfletch

Love Del Toro's work and I think he could do some wonders with this great classic. Bringing his darker touch to this, as we saw in the great Cronos and Pan's Labyrinth, I'm quite sure this is in safe hands and will be re-ignited by his talents.

Post #: 6
- 14/2/2012 1:10:23 PM   
leetee80

@ Ronniem - Yes originality is deead. But if you want something to be reimagined, Del Torro is the Man!!!

Post #: 7
No thanks - 14/2/2012 2:12:46 PM   
Moviefather1977

The only thing Guillermo del Toro should do is ATMOM - he says that MADNESS is, after all, his passion project. I would like to see him direct a scary r-rated version out of lovecrafts cthulhu universe. Beauty and the beast sounds like studio-sh*t

Post #: 8
- 14/2/2012 4:01:09 PM   
balmerm

The guy doesn't deserve all the accolade he gets. He directed Pans Labyrinth - brilliant film. Apart from that I genuinely can't see what excellent films he has directed. Yeah, he is at the production end of some awesome movies - The Orphanage, Julia's Eyes, Biutiful - but his minor directing career contains the likes of Hellboy and Blade 2. I'm not saying I could do any better, it's simply that I hear people shower praises over him when there are other stunning directors who get overlooked in the industry.

Post #: 9
Not a great director - 14/2/2012 4:01:29 PM   
balmerm

The guy doesn't deserve all the accolade he gets. He directed Pans Labyrinth - brilliant film. Apart from that I genuinely can't see what excellent films he has directed. Yeah, he is at the production end of some awesome movies - The Orphanage, Julia's Eyes, Biutiful - but his minor directing career contains the likes of Hellboy and Blade 2. I'm not saying I could do any better, it's simply that I hear people shower praises over him when there are other stunning directors who get overlooked in the industry.

Post #: 10
Del Toro and Del Toro - 15/2/2012 10:07:16 PM   
sam fringo

Benicio Del Toro that is, would be perfect as the beast!!

Post #: 11
RE: Del Toro and Del Toro - 18/2/2012 7:15:11 PM   
King of Kafiristan

I love the DISNEY adaptation, but I'm not sure this is really a story I need to see told again. I'm sure Del Torro will bring something fresh, but I'd be lying if I said I was not swamped with anguish over the implosion of AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS, and his severing ties with THE HOBBIT - either of those projects sounded perfect for him, and frankly, they interest me alot more.

Oh well..

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 18/2/2012 10:05:26 PM >

(in reply to sam fringo)
Post #: 12
Uh oh - 19/2/2012 11:56:03 PM   
HighwayJoe

"...telly stalwart (and Three Musketeers scriptwriter) Andrew Davies..."

As in 'The Three Musketeers' with Orlando Bloom running about in it...? Del Toro gives me hope, but that one line just made me think, "Oh no..." Quick visit to IMDb shows me he really is a telly stalwart, but as I've never been big on Austen TV series, I'm left with 'Bridget Jones' vs 'Tailor of Panama.' Maybe less, "Oh no" then... but still not exactly expecting great things.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Del Toro Now On For Beauty And The Beast Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI