Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 - 16/2/2012 3:42:31 PM   
anakin solo

According to comicbookmovie it has been reported that transformers 4 may not have many human characters in it, but it will be a direct sequel to dark of the moon

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 61
RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 - 16/2/2012 3:45:54 PM   
superdan

I hope they have a scene where we see Optimus sweeping up the remains of Ironhide while muttering to himself that humans can't be trusted, before executing some more prisoners.

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 62
RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 - 17/2/2012 10:44:22 AM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I hope they have a scene where we see Optimus sweeping up the remains of Ironhide while muttering to himself that humans can't be trusted, before executing some more prisoners.

haha! I do wonder if they'll address Optimus and his severe bi-polar disorder. I mean looking at two lines he has in the third movie...

"Remember this: you may lose you faith in us but never in yourselves."

"YOU DIE NOW!!!"

Woah. Talk about having a mental turn.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 63
RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 - 17/2/2012 1:11:51 PM   
Cool Breeze

Perhaps this thread should more accurately be titled '' Bay will commit Transformers 4 ''.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 64
RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 - 17/2/2012 3:20:56 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Perhaps this thread should more accurately be titled '' Bay will commit Transformers 4 ''.

I know, who would like movies with rubbish scripts, annoying characters and a reliance on CG to try please an audience?...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 65
RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 - 17/2/2012 5:03:13 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

I know, who would like movies with rubbish scripts, annoying characters and a reliance on CG to try please an audience?...

Oh play fair Sil..erm Breezy was almost witty there.

Mr Kermode's morning ruined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOaDpN6h6wA&feature=g-all-u&context=G28b4fc0FAAAAAAAAAAA

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 66
Get some new ideas,Hollywood - 17/2/2012 6:27:45 PM   
Dalekbuster523

Doing a reboot of Transformers is just stupid. Can't Hollywood just think of some original ideas? Surely four films is going too far? I'd rather they just left it at Transformers 3.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 67
RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 - 18/2/2012 2:48:46 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

Ooh! Sarcasm!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 68
- 19/2/2012 1:34:40 PM   
DLSandall

Fun, fun, fun. More pointless explosions and more disregard for any storytelling...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 69
RE: - 19/2/2012 11:27:30 PM   
Cool Breeze

This is how Mark Kermode woke up in the morning and found out about Bay being confirmed for Transformers 4

http://youtu.be/vOaDpN6h6wA

(in reply to DLSandall)
Post #: 70
RE: - 20/2/2012 4:26:48 AM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: DLSandall

Fun, fun, fun. More pointless explosions and more disregard for any storytelling...

I have no inherent bias against explosive large scale action, but like you, it's the fact the action in these films is nigh on incomprehensible and unceasingly fails to engage me on any emotional level that I find most troubling. The robots in motion are a jumbled collection of little fiddly bits, and in combat I'm unable to tell one from the next. In the end none of it matters though, because I simply do not care about whatever it is that may be happening on screen.

I think Bay has some level of technical skill, but his filmmaking has for me come to represent the nadir of modern cinema. It's too bad too, because I'll freely admit that THE ROCK and ARMAGEDDON are on the whole thoroughly enjoyable entertainments that pulled me into the story through solid character work, even if the drama was told in broad strokes with a healthy dash of cliche.

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 20/2/2012 3:27:52 PM >

(in reply to DLSandall)
Post #: 71
RE: RE: - 20/2/2012 11:37:23 AM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: DLSandall

I have no inherent bias against explosive large scale action, but like you, it's the fact the action in these films is nigh on incomprehensible and unfailingly ceases to engage me on any emotional level that I find most troubling. The robots in motion are a jumbled collection of little fidddly bits, and in combat I'm unable to tell one from the next. In the end none of it matters though, because I simply do not care about whatever it is that may be happening on screen.

I think Bay has some level of technical skill, but his filmmaking has for me come to represent the nadir of modern cinema. It's too bad too, because I'll freely admit that THE ROCK and ARMAGEDDON are on the whole thoroughly enjoyable entertainments that pulled me into the story through solid character work, even if the drama was told in broad strokes with a healthy dash of cliche.

I often wonder if Jerry Bruckheimer had something to do with that. I mean when teamed with Jerry, we had The Rock, Armageddon, Bad Boys etc which were incredible action films with enjoyable stories and likeable characters.

As soon as Bay went off from Bruckheimer's producing talent, we had The Island and Transformers.

Directors need a Producer that's not afraid to say "That's a stupid idea." or "Do it again.". One to take charge.

Perfect example being with Bay and Lucas. When first filming Star Wars Lucas had producers shooting down his bad ideas. When he made the prequels everyone was scared to tell him his incredible ideas were actually horrible.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 72
RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 - 20/2/2012 3:12:31 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik
quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

haha! I do wonder if they'll address Optimus and his severe bi-polar disorder. I mean looking at two lines he has in the third movie...
"Remember this: you may lose you faith in us but never in yourselves."
"YOU DIE NOW!!!"
Woah. Talk about having a mental turn.

Yeah.  What the fuck was with Prime in 3?!  They made him an absolute psycho.  Shotgunning the face off an old friend without a second thought?  and the scene where the Autobots, yank a Decepticon Pilot out of his downed ship and pull him apart limb from limb, then have the cheek to see the Decepticons taking prisoners and get offended!

It's a good job I, as a 31 year old fully grown man, was there to leap up and shout out "Prime wouldn't do that!"  Otherwise other people in the cinema might have thought it was alright!

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 73
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Bay Commits To Transformers 4 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI