Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: "What a crime!"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: "What a crime!" Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: "What a crime!" - 15/2/2012 10:25:33 AM   
Kayotik

The problem is fanboys hate change. They absolutely detest the idea of an original being tampered with and will protest the release as much as possible, probably even seeing it and denying themselves the ability to enjoy it.

There are occasions when it can be good.

Granted I haven't played it all the way through, but from what I've seen of the Ghostbusters video game of recent years, which featured the original cast, it was a really enjoyable story which explored the universe created by the films and the characters. So there is proof that a good story can still be told.

I like the idea of the original cast being the aging mentors, too old for this shit, and having to interview and recruit a new team that could possibly carry on the franchise.

There are good actors currently out there. People are just too against an idea before they've even thought about it.

Off the top of my head....how about a team of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Zachery Levi, Donald Glover and James Franco as younger equivalents?

(in reply to Wozza80)
Post #: 31
Possibilities - 16/2/2012 1:34:23 AM   
Traveler409

It would be great to see the gang busting ghosts once again, but if getting everyone on board isn't possible, then another direction would be to have the children of the ghostbusters filling in and going head to head with a vengeful Zul. Course if neither of those can be worked out, then perhaps tweeking the original like they did with the original Star Wars films and re-release both films. Just a thought.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
Possibilities - 16/2/2012 1:35:14 AM   
Traveler409

It would be great to see the gang busting ghosts once again, but if getting everyone on board isn't possible, then another direction would be to have the children of the ghostbusters filling in and going head to head with a vengeful Zul. Course if neither of those can be worked out, then perhaps tweeking the original like they did with the original Star Wars films and re-release both films. Just a thought.

Post #: 33
RE: Possibilities - 16/2/2012 11:24:38 AM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Traveler409
perhaps tweeking the original like they did with the original Star Wars films and re-release both films. Just a thought.

I think the last thing anyone wants to see is the original Ghostbusters films re-released with added, and completely out of place CGI.

(in reply to Traveler409)
Post #: 34
MR AYKROYD and anyone else reading this.... - 16/2/2012 6:39:23 PM   
juanitarcc76

C'mon, folks... this is easily solved... The Ghostbusters were, in addition to spook fighters, businessmen. This business would have likely expanded, including more employees and enabling others to retire over time... Bill wouldn't HAVE to be a fat old man fighting ghosts... he could have a role in a retiree capacity(cameo at least) or even, maybe, kill him off somehow and have him return AS a ghost. Why not? Slimer was a homey in the cartoon series... why couldn't Venkman be a homey, too? So, if you are listening, guys, we love you all. We would go see you old, fat, skinny or even with both feet in the grave.

Post #: 35
By the way... - 16/2/2012 6:44:57 PM   
juanitarcc76

If Mr. Murray reads this... the old fat guy comment... that was quoting you... to me, you are and always will be hot hot hot.

Post #: 36
No Murray, no Venkman! - 16/2/2012 6:49:10 PM   
wnsnavigator73

If Akroyd is dead set on doing this movie, and Murray is in fact out, I would do it without Venkman being a character, other than to reference why he isn't there. Recasting the character would be cinematic suicide, and it would do irreparable harm to the franchise. What they should do it what they did with Star Trek: Generations, which was also about one generation handing the reins over to the next one. Generations did not have Spock in it, so it was done without him, with only one reference in dialouge. They didn't get someone other than Leonard Nimoy to play the role, they just left him out. Say Venkman moved to Florida, or is in fact in a mental institution, or dead -- but don't recast him. And also make the movie about a reboot. Akroyd, Ramis, Hudson, and Moranis can be the torch bears to the new generation, and the new generation that is the focus of the film. But if I don't want to see it if they recast the role of Venkman. I'd rather just enjoy the two movies already made and leave it at that.

< Message edited by wnsnavigator73 -- 16/2/2012 6:50:43 PM >

Post #: 37
I met Dan - 16/2/2012 9:26:42 PM   
TonyL28

I met Dan Aykroyd at Gerrys Wines in soho a couple of days ago.
He was really friendly and i manged to bag a signed bottle of his crystal skull vodka.
As for GB3, im glad it keeps getting held back due to the scripts not being up to scratch.
I know there's nothing us GB fans want more than a 3rd movie, but imagine what a kick in the teeth it would be if they started filming now and released a sub par movie.
I dont think Bill Murray has a problem with being in a new GB movie, i just think he needs the perfect reason to do a 3rd film, and that reason is a perfect script.
I for one wouldnt want anything less than perfect.

Post #: 38
RE: I met Dan - 16/2/2012 10:52:56 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Murray not being a part of a new movie may not be a bad thing.
He has 'can't be arsed' written all over him ,if were going by his recent performances.

(in reply to TonyL28)
Post #: 39
Busted!!! - 17/2/2012 11:34:33 AM   
Templars27

Ghostbusters 3 without Murray... unthinkable.
The trio made the last two films work, more so on Ghostbusters 2 because the film was not to the high standard of the first film. Without that core the third film will seem very empty.
I`ve heard the idea is to bring in an all new cast with the original mentoring them and eventually passing the torch, but i feel this is a terrible idea. It would be better to conclude the trilogy with the original stars and if the film makes enough money, then possibly re-boot the franchise with a younger cast.
Murray might have achieved acclaim in his various other films like Lost in Translation, but its hardly mainstream and he badly needs another box office hit before he really is too old to go `busting...

Post #: 40
Busted!!! - 17/2/2012 11:34:49 AM   
Templars27

The trio made the last two films work, more so on Ghostbusters 2 because the film was not to the high standard of the first film. Without that core the third film will seem very empty.
I`ve heard the idea is to bring in an all new cast with the original mentoring them and eventually passing the torch, but i feel this is a terrible idea. It would be better to conclude the trilogy with the original stars and if the film makes enough money, then possibly re-boot the franchise with a younger cast.
Murray might have achieved acclaim in his various other films like Lost in Translation, but its hardly mainstream and he badly needs another box office hit before he really is too old to go `busting...

Post #: 41
RE: Busted!!! - 17/2/2012 5:37:57 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templars27

The trio made the last two films work,

You know there were 4 Ghostbusters right?

(in reply to Templars27)
Post #: 42
RE: Busted!!! - 17/2/2012 6:52:05 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templars27

The trio made the last two films work,

You know there were 4 Ghostbusters right?

Always forgetting the Black guy..

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 43
Hurry up,Ghostbusters 3! - 17/2/2012 7:05:07 PM   
Dalekbuster523

I wish Ghostbusters 3 would hurry up and be released. But it's good to know they're taking the script seriously-hopefully that means it'll be a good movie.

Post #: 44
RE: "What a crime!" - 17/2/2012 7:14:02 PM   
Dalekbuster523

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

The problem is fanboys hate change.

Not all do. I'm a fan of Doctor Who and also like Ghostbusters,but I don't hate change. Change is good and refreshing. There's nothing wrong with a regeneration. I'd love to see a Ghostbusters movie with the original Ghostbusters and some new Ghostbusters in.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 45
Ghostbusters 2000 - 17/2/2012 11:12:51 PM   
Adsyboy

After the flippin' awful smack in the testicles that was Blue Brothers 2000, I'm wary of anything Ackroyd pillages from his past. Bill Murray is the litmus test - if he's in, it's because it's quality, if he's out, it's because it's got Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Vodka written all over it. Ghostbusters without Murray is just the Blues Brothers without Belushi, it's Hell Metal without the blue notes, it's the Beatles without John and George, it's a page three model with no breasts, ginger pits and a hairy little moustache. On saying all this, I hope Murray agrees, but if he doesn't, after Star Wars, Indy IV, Blues Brothers 2000 and Clerks II, let's just give the 'busters' memory the respect it deserves, and let sleeping ghosts lie.

< Message edited by Adsyboy -- 17/2/2012 11:30:19 PM >

Post #: 46
Ghostbusters 3 is just a terrible idea - 18/2/2012 11:10:04 AM   
Chris88mph

A third Ghostbusters film almost certainly won't work, there are just too many things against its favour.

Edit - please don't post just to advertise personal sites.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 18/2/2012 12:28:45 PM >

Post #: 47
So What - 19/2/2012 11:53:55 PM   
bamamike

Perhaps Murray has a valid point. I could care less if there is a #3.

Post #: 48
Murray is a MUST - 21/2/2012 1:44:46 AM   
quiktripper

Oh man, you cant do ghostbusters without murray... I know they can come up with a good script for everyone- just keep working on it. I love the movies & I hope they bring us another one :)

Post #: 49
RE: Murray is a MUST - 29/2/2012 5:44:33 PM   
Sotto Voce

Apparently Murray is officially out.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87587

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to quiktripper)
Post #: 50
RE: Murray is a MUST - 29/2/2012 10:42:32 PM   
rich

Good. Means it's less likely to escape development hell.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 51
RE: Murray is a MUST - 29/2/2012 10:48:14 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Maybe they could do a Ghostbuster origin story/film ie Like X-men First Class,Batman Begins ,Star trek 2009 etc.
Be a good stand point for a new beginning.
Just an idea..

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 52
RE: "What a crime!" - 1/3/2012 12:45:00 AM   
mlavagna

I love Ghostbusters and I love Bill Murray but I don't think that another sequel necessarily needs Bill Murray in it for it to be a good film.

I think that Aykroyd, Ramis, Hudson, Moranis and Potts are a strong enough central cast to carry the movie and there'll more than likely be additional characters which will be introduced as well. However Venkmans absence will need to be somehow explained in way which is both subtle and believable.

I think that Ghostbusters III still has the potential to be a good movie and a worthy sequel even without Bill Murray. It all depends on the script and the casting.

(in reply to Wozza80)
Post #: 53
RE: "What a crime!" - 1/3/2012 4:11:58 AM   
jobloffski

Apologies in advance for freestyling an opening to GHOSTBUSTERS THREE:

Point 1: NOT a passing of the Torch idea.

Slightly sombre opening scenes as the main characters journey to a funeral, we see each main character indvidually en route, except for Doctor Peter Venkman. A large crowd of mourners is gathered around a grave as emotional music swells, camera cranes up to reveal...The main characters are the only ones standing by another grave, far, far to the opposite end of the cemetery.

Pithy, dry dialogue, interrupted by a sound on the wind, a voice, a whisper...Zooooolllll...

Nobody is sure they heard anything...the voice is heard again, again, again multi tracking, overlaid, becoming a whirlwhind of sound that begins to be matched by disturbance in the weather, the ground begins to shake, coffins rise to break from the ground here, there, everywhere, the larger funeral party breaks into a panic, one person flees, it;s the vicar, the rest follow him to try and take sanctuary in the church, which is whirlwinded away before they reach it, panic intensifies, screams, wind, the vortex of the whirlwind picks up a coffin, another coffin, many coffins, all coffins, to carry them away.

The ghostbusters and associates watch silently, each facial expression a perfect encapsulation of the entire individual characters. Ray Stantz looks down. Turns out one grave remains unspoiled. Doctor Peter Venkman's grave.

Ray: (Sad smile) Peter...Never a joiner inner, were you? Bye, Venkman

Egon: (Worried) We need help

Winston: (cynical) You got that right

Voice; ZOOOOOOOOLLLLLL

Winston: (To the air) OKAY WE GOT IT. WE NOTICED

Ray: Oh my...Oh my, my, my...

Winston: What, Ray?

Egon: Oh no...

Winston: Egon..?

(Egon and Ray both seem to know what is going on Winston, Janine and Louis and Dana, look to them)

Ray: The traveller will return

Egon: On the day the nemesis is laid to rest

Ray: The dead will join the destructor's cause

Egon: But the nemesis will sleep forever...The worthy one, the vanquisher, victorious, has earned his peace

Winston: Him? (pointing at Peter's grave). The Worthy One? And how come you didn't mention this shit before?

Ray: We, we didn't know...

Egon: Somehow, now we do...

Voice: ZOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

Winston: WE GOT IT!!!! OKAY????

VOICE: YOU MUST PREPARE. THE END OF DAYS APPROACHES. THE DEAD WILL BE YOUR SAVIOURS AND YOU WILL JOIN THEM ON THEIR CRUSADE. THE THREE FOOLS OF DESTINY WILL STAND IN OUR WAY FOR THE LAST TIME. YOU ARE PERMITTED A FINAL STAND ACCORDING TO ANCIENT CUSTOM. PREPARE...PREPARE...PREPARE!!!

Egon: Three fools...three fools

Ray: Of destiny...three fools

They ponder. Shot lingering on them and Winston, ie three of them...Winston impatient but doesn't point out they are the three fools

Camera cranes up and back to show the carnage of the graveyard, ominous organ music...rapid CGI crane up to view earth from space. Earth now has every coffin, and every body that has ever been buried, in orbit around it, the coffins and bodies kind of form a saturn style ring of the Zool's army

Louis Tully: (Voiceover) Fellas, are we screwed?

The moody music finally resolves itself into the Theme song.

The Ghostbusters must recruit their own army to 'bust' every dead person who has ever lived, some of whom are less patient than others. Celebrity ghosts down the ages, for instance, want the spotlight to themselves and go after the Three Fools. This is not going to be easy...

or sum shit like dat.

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to mlavagna)
Post #: 54
RE: Murray is a MUST - 1/3/2012 3:11:58 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES
Maybe they could do a Ghostbuster origin story/film ... Just an idea..

Err... Have you actually seen Ghostbusters?!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 55
RE: Murray is a MUST - 1/3/2012 3:41:33 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES
Maybe they could do a Ghostbuster origin story/film ... Just an idea..

Err... Have you actually seen Ghostbusters?!

Yes.
I mean start all over again,y'know like star trek 09.
Dont see any problem with that personally,be better than bringing out the dead woood.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 56
RE: Murray is a MUST - 2/3/2012 9:27:40 AM   
NCC1701A

As I have said just leave Ghostbusters alone its taking two much time and it will never live up to the first film. And Ghostbusters II was a good film so its time to move on.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 57
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: "What a crime!" Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI