Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Project Nim - 13/2/2012 3:43:57 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Rise of the Planet of Nim - 13/2/2012 3:43:57 PM   
narmour

Planet of the who cares..... this is by far a superior film to the Planet of the Apes franchise reboot which came out about the same time. There is far more heart, tragedy, emotion, humour, and engagement in this film. It's a beautiful story of the complex moralities involved in science and how the lines between humans and apes became further blurred. With power comes responsibility, and the responsibility for Nim's wellbeing sadly fell through the cracks.

Absolutely wonderful film, 5 stars.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Rise of the Planet of Nim - 13/2/2012 3:43:59 PM   
narmour

Planet of the who cares..... this is by far a superior film to the Planet of the Apes franchise reboot which came out about the same time. There is far more heart, tragedy, emotion, humour, and engagement in this film. It's a beautiful story of the complex moralities involved in science and how the lines between humans and apes became further blurred. With power comes responsibility, and the responsibility for Nim's wellbeing sadly fell through the cracks.

Absolutely wonderful film, 5 stars.

Post #: 3
RE: Rise of the Planet of Nim - 14/2/2012 2:33:35 PM   
st3veebee

Really want to see this after deciding on Our Idiot Brother on a long haul flight (not sure what I was thinking).

Comparing it to RotPotA is just silly though. That's like comparing |Encounters at the end of the World to Happy Feet cause they both have penguins in them.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to narmour)
Post #: 4
RE: Rise of the Planet of Nim - 16/2/2012 8:42:24 AM   
narmour

Actually the comparison is very apt, and if you haven't seen it yet I don't see how you're in any position to make the comment you did. I have seen both and the similarities between them is very noticeable. Both films have CGI monkeys in them (to Project Nim's credit I didn't realise until it said in the credits), both films are all about conveying the emotions of said simians. Both films have good guys and bad guys, the good guys see the monkey as a living creature, the bad guys see him as a test subject. Project Nim had all but the coldest hearted peerson wiping a tear away from their eyes (in the cinema I went to see anyway), Planet of the Apes had a few people coming out saying it was pretty good.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 5
- 2/6/2012 5:40:57 PM   
danfacey711

Touching and Heart-wrenching. This film captivates the cruelty of human nature and the innocence of nature, and the course of friendship, love and volatility when these two forces collide.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Project Nim Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI