Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Vow - 10/2/2012 4:32:40 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 10/2/2012 4:32:40 PM   
umer_ejaz

One of the most surprisingly good movies I've seen this year - although Tatum is still wooden as an actor as he's always been, it's such a brilliant romantic drama

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
what a surprise! - 12/2/2012 7:28:55 PM   
tysmuse

I usually avoid romantic dramas/comedies like the plague. But this what really enjoyable all the way through. The two leads were excellent.

Post #: 3
RE: what a surprise! - 15/2/2012 8:24:17 PM   
evil bill

First off i went to see The Woman In Black,yesterday,Valentines day,and ended up seeing THE VOW instead,as to my surprise the chiller was booked out.
Now that said i did enjoy the story and the acting was pretty good,plus the bonus of seeing Sam Neil as a overbearing Dad in any movie is great(in fact just seeing he's still around is good).Rachel McAdams always a good act to watch and Channing Tatum,who's new to me are both good in this romantic drama based on real events??Now don't go expecting The Notebook,and you might just enjoy it enough,but if you are expecting Notebook this falls short.It's not a tear jerker as such,but is an excellent story that grips you from the start,and the lead actors have enough on screen chemistry to keep this one from falling into an abyss.Strangely it works as an undemanding date movie,and i hate romantic films,yet this one passed without me wanting to scream"why am i watching this".Maybe because it surprised me at not being as bad as i'd expected,i don't know,but it did entertain,and i had to admit to the wife(and that nearly killed me) it was good.6/10

< Message edited by evil bill -- 15/2/2012 8:28:13 PM >

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to tysmuse)
Post #: 4
Helen! - 17/2/2012 10:55:52 AM   
Phoenix22758

It's bad enough you don't like Bond, but giving this tosh three stars and calling it 'wonderful'? It was Tatum, wasn't it. Come on.

Post #: 5
- 8/3/2012 2:25:10 PM   
ARmy2510

Great idea, bad execution. McAdams was brillant as well but storyline in the second half made me bored.

Post #: 6
- 13/5/2012 9:34:38 PM   
TheGodfather

Watched yesterday with the missus:

The Vow
Looking at the fact that I have an HUGE weak spot for Rachel McAdams, on forehand there already could be very little wrong with this. In this predictable (but based on a real story) romantic drama she again very convincing again as a woman who loses her memory after a car crash and doesn`t remember her own husband. Both the side of the character that Channing Tatum`s character (and me as a viewer as well of course) falls in love with as the lady that loses her memory she plays very well.
Talking about Tatum: he once again shows that he`s not just a pretty but really can give a decent performance.
Other than that it`s not all that shocking but it was not bad at all either.

6,5/10

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Vow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI