Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Stunt Casting

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Stunt Casting Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Stunt Casting - 10/2/2012 3:18:28 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I'd repeat then that you've maybe just seen Connolly playing Connolly, by and large. He's given some very respectable acting performances in the past. 

I really liked Connolly's performance in the last X-Files film; completely against type and a very believable performance for a very conflicted character...

He was the only good thing about that film.

quote:

ORIGINAL: boristhespie

Maybe Connely, who can't act,

He's been nominated for a BAFTA and a SAG award.

quote:

should concentrate on increasing the thickness o his skin and actually give the audiences on his current UK standup tour the full show they paid for.

Wey-hey, lets lower this film discussion with some tabloid gossip.

quote:

Connelly is a bit of an arse. Always has been. As for acting I just don't like him as an actor.

Then tell Peter Jackson how wrong he is and that you should be his new casting director.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 10/2/2012 3:32:07 PM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 31
RE: Not sure at all - 10/2/2012 3:34:48 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simon124

I have to agree Fierce, I can't help but get the feeling that PJ is being forced to comprimise a bit here; First the story in 2 films a la Potter/ Twilight, then 3D, now casting household family freindly names you can recognise, not that it's such a bad thing, but Fry and Connolly will need to tone it down a bit...

My understanding is that Del Torro wanted to keep it a simple contained children's story in one film, and then do the "bridge film". It was Jackson who was pushing to make it two movies. When Del Torro left, Jackson's preference won out.

I really don't have a huge amount of confidence that he's go the right vision for the HOBBIT . I think it's a darn shame Del Torro walked for ATMOM only to have that film implode. With that said, I don't want to be too want to be too down on the project, and since I find Connolly to be charming enough, his casting at least makes sense in a way Jack Black's never did.

(in reply to Simon124)
Post #: 32
RE: Not sure at all - 17/3/2012 12:16:28 PM   
Scruffybobby

Saw a bit of Connolly's Route 66 show the other day and was reminded of this little quote from the book accompanying the series

quote:

.. art deco lovers get on my tits. They're the kind of people who read Lord of The Rings and like movies about little ginky punkies attacking wanky wonkies. I wouldn't let my corpse be taken to a movie like that

So I guess we'll not be seeing you at the premiere Billy?

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 33
RE: Not sure at all - 17/3/2012 1:12:11 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I dont have much time for Connolly myself.
But its a certainty he will crack a joke in The Hobbit.Maybe one of his crude sexual jokes?

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 34
RE: Not sure at all - 17/3/2012 6:03:45 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Saw a bit of Connolly's Route 66 show the other day and was reminded of this little quote from the book accompanying the series

quote:

.. art deco lovers get on my tits. They're the kind of people who read Lord of The Rings and like movies about little ginky punkies attacking wanky wonkies. I wouldn't let my corpse be taken to a movie like that

So I guess we'll not be seeing you at the premiere Billy?

He's had a go at LOTR before in his stand up on the World Tour of New Zealand. Presumably PJ doesn't care much about his opinions and just hired him because of what he would bring to the role.

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

But its a certainty he will crack a joke in The Hobbit.Maybe one of his crude sexual jokes?

No, that really will never happen.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 35
RE: Not sure at all - 19/3/2012 6:48:17 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Why would he take issue with art decco? It's a fantastic style. Just can't wrap my head around that criticism.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 36
RE: Not sure at all - 20/3/2012 9:38:40 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Lets hope nobody on set makes any remarks as we know how touchy The Big Yin can be of late.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 37
RE: Not sure at all - 20/3/2012 3:10:28 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Lets hope nobody on set makes any remarks as we know how touchy The Big Yin can be of late.

He can be a moody cunt sometimes.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Stunt Casting Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI