Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: funny cinema experiences

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: funny cinema experiences Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: funny cinema experiences - 14/6/2012 10:04:57 PM   
Achtung Englander

One of the funniest experiences is when I went with my best mate about 20 years ago - someone several rows behind us had a bag of skittles and during a quiet scene in the film the fella dropped his / her bag and all could hear was several tens of skittles skittling down the stairs - tic, tic, tic, tic, tic

everyone cracked up - even now it makes me laugh

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 91
RE: funny cinema experiences - 14/6/2012 10:58:26 PM   
the_driver

I once sat their watching a jammy dogers biscuit advert in Odeon Tamworth 6 or 7 times in a row.

'I don't carry a gun. I drive' -Drive
'I aim to misbehave' Serenity
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else' Fight Club

(in reply to Achtung Englander)
Post #: 92
RE: funny cinema experiences - 20/6/2012 1:11:27 PM   
Valanya

Not an experience in a cinema, but talking of old people and their film choices... my granny once decided to rent Pulp Fiction. She'd really liked John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever and wanted to see one of his other performances

(I don't think she has sought out another Travolta film since.)

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to the_driver)
Post #: 93
RE: funny cinema experiences - 25/6/2012 4:20:25 AM   
prontron07

Seen some kids get kicked out of paranormal activity after yelling and a old guy hit one of them with his cane made movie worth seeing

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 94
RE: funny cinema experiences - 25/6/2012 2:27:33 PM   
will1000

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: will1000

Okay, so I was on a college trip to L.A (I'm from England...it was a fancy trip to see art galleries!) and we decided to go watch Scream 3 at a cinema. Everything was going well (even though the film sucked) until some murders started happening. At that point some guys (didn't actually see them but they sounded like teens) started screaming unnecessarily like girls, at which point my friend, in his plummiest English accent shouted "Oh shut the fuck up!". The screening went quiet, and at that point he admitted to me that he feared his chances of getting out there alive!

We never did see the people he shouted at, but in my head they look like this;

So racist.

Everyone's a little bit racist
Sometimes.
Doesn't mean we go
Around committing hate crimes.
Look around and you will find
No one's really color blind.
Maybe it's a fact
We all should face
Everyone makes judgments
Based on race.

Everyone's a little bit racist
Today.
So, everyone's a little bit racist
Okay!
Ethinic jokes might be uncouth,
But you laugh because
They're based on truth.
Don't take them as
Personal attacks.
Everyone enjoys them -
So relax!

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 95
RE: funny cinema experiences - 26/6/2012 6:27:51 AM   
Lazarus munkey

Went to see Robocop 2 after several hours in the pub, slept through the film, woke up during the credits and threw up all over my shell suit. Having missed most of the film, I went back to see it again a week later.

22 years on, I still can't decide what the worst aspect of that story is.

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 96
RE: funny cinema experiences - 26/6/2012 9:47:26 AM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazarus munkey

Went to see Robocop 2 after several hours in the pub, slept through the film, woke up during the credits and threw up all over my shell suit. Having missed most of the film, I went back to see it again a week later.

22 years on, I still can't decide what the worst aspect of that story is.

Shell suit. Awesome.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Lazarus munkey)
Post #: 97
RE: funny cinema experiences - 25/8/2013 11:16:47 PM   
Mr Gittes

Not really proud of this but we were in our early teens, what can I say? Anyway, my mates and I went to see Run Fatboy Run and we were literally the ONLY ones in there watching it. The first parts of the film weren't really gripping us and we were all hopped up on sugar, so we...decided to have a little fun. Y'know, jumping over seats, somersaulting down the aisles etc.

Anyway, my friend was doing a handstand and I was holding him by the ankles, ready to walk him down the aisle. Then I heard a door open and I turned around to see one of the staff standing in the doorway, looking me dead in the eye with an expression that couldn't be more serious. We stayed that way, frozen, staring each other down, before I slowly lowered my friend's legs to the floor and then we all got back to our seats and watched the movie.

Again, I'm not proud of it, but it was very funny at the time. And hey, there was no-one else there, so we were only wasting our own viewing experience (hardly a shame given the film). Regardless, it's the only time I've done anything in the cinema besides simply watching the movie.

Around halfway through Spider-Man 2, a Malteser struck me square in the chest. I couldn't see the thrower nor could I hear any giggling, so that was that. And no, I didn't eat it.

This is pretty tame, but when I went to see Man Of Steel recently and the end credits went up, a small group to the far left starting applauding. Nobody joined them and the applause died down immediately, which made everyone else laugh. Kinda sums up the general response to that film

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 98
RE: funny cinema experiences - 26/8/2013 12:02:06 AM   
Mister Coe

I might have posted this before, but in case I didn't or you might not have read it, here it goes...

Early 2000's, Manchester Odeon. An action movie is playing.  Some scrawny, nasty, tracksuit-wearing, pick-a-fight-with-anyone, Jeremy Kyle Show types are pissing about, sending text messages, laughing among loudly themselves, paying no attention to the film and spitting abuse at anyone who takes issue with them. 

Someone quite a few rows further back shouts 'SHUT THE FUCK UP!' They, of course, respond in kind.

And, I swear, the biggest, nastiest, most Hulking body-builder type you've ever seen, casually walks down the aisle, finds these pricks and, without a word, knocks the first one he finds right the FUCK out!  You heard the impact over the action scene playing on the screen at the time.  And then, casually, walked back to his seat.

It was truly beautiful.

For the record, the other cunts stayed quiet and, when their mate woke up, tiptoed/sped  out of the cinema as fast as they could.

I just wish I'd have had a camera at the time because it would prove that I didn't dream it...

Say what now?

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 99
RE: funny cinema experiences - 27/8/2013 8:12:59 AM   
snaze1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I might have posted this before, but in case I didn't or you might not have read it, here it goes...

Early 2000's, Manchester Odeon. An action movie is playing.  Some scrawny, nasty, tracksuit-wearing, pick-a-fight-with-anyone, Jeremy Kyle Show types are pissing about, sending text messages, laughing among loudly themselves, paying no attention to the film and spitting abuse at anyone who takes issue with them. 

Someone quite a few rows further back shouts 'SHUT THE FUCK UP!' They, of course, respond in kind.

And, I swear, the biggest, nastiest, most Hulking body-builder type you've ever seen, casually walks down the aisle, finds these pricks and, without a word, knocks the first one he finds right the FUCK out!  You heard the impact over the action scene playing on the screen at the time.  And then, casually, walked back to his seat.

It was truly beautiful.

For the record, the other cunts stayed quiet and, when their mate woke up, tiptoed/sped  out of the cinema as fast as they could.

I just wish I'd have had a camera at the time because it would prove that I didn't dream it...

I would happily have paid good money to have seen this!

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 100
RE: funny cinema experiences - 27/8/2013 9:53:15 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: snaze1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

It was truly beautiful.

I would happily have paid good money to have seen this!

Seriously, snaze1, if I had recorded it, it would have got more Youtube hits than 'Charlie Bit My Finger'... an awesome memory.

Say what now?

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 101
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: funny cinema experiences Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI