Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: funny cinema experiences

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: funny cinema experiences Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: funny cinema experiences - 23/5/2012 6:29:51 PM   
snaze1

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1lent B0b

quote:

ORIGINAL: snaze1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

The Woman in Black - This was probably the funniest cinema experience I've had my whole life.
Me and a few friends went to see this and we basically turned it into a comedy. And the audience helped, me and my friends cheered every-time the creepy dolls came on, the rest of the cinema eventually joined. One member of the audience kept saying MILF when the ghost of the woman came on. And every time we heard a door knock we kept saying, "That must be the pizza guy" and last but not least, there was one character, I can't remember his name, but anyway whenever he came on and said "Arthur" we would reply "Fuck off" in an old english accent. Add these to a barage of Harry potter jokes...

This. Sounds. Horrific. I can't believe you're condoning intentionally disrupting a movie in the cinema!

Same. That's just rude and disrespectful.

In all honesty it was practically empty and the only other people there were more obnoxious teenagers, so we made the most of it..

You are exactly the sort of cunt that needs a good slap in the cinema

I not like that normally, just that once. And anyway I'm not inclined to give two fucks about what you think anyway
I again emphasize that the only other people there WERE MAKING NOISE....

QUOTE "And anyway I'm not inclined to give two fucks about what you think anyway "
And that my friend is why you make yourself look like a twat in public

(in reply to S1lent B0b)
Post #: 61
RE: funny cinema experiences - 23/5/2012 6:59:52 PM   
S1lent B0b

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Woman in Black - This was probably the funniest cinema experience I've had my whole life.
Me and a few friends went to see this and we basically turned it into a comedy. And the audience helped, me and my friends cheered every-time the creepy dolls came on, the rest of the cinema eventually joined. One member of the audience kept saying MILF when the ghost of the woman came on. And every time we heard a door knock we kept saying, "That must be the pizza guy" and last but not least, there was one character, I can't remember his name, but anyway whenever he came on and said "Arthur" we would reply "Fuck off" in an old english accent. Add these to a barage of Harry potter jokes...

This. Sounds. Horrific. I can't believe you're condoning intentionally disrupting a movie in the cinema!

In all honesty it was practically empty and the only other people there were more obnoxious teenagers, so we made the most of it..

I not like that normally, just that once. And anyway I'm not inclined to give two fucks about what you think anyway
I again emphasize that the only other people there WERE MAKING NOISE....

QUOTE "And anyway I'm not inclined to give two fucks about what you think anyway "
And that my friend is why you make yourself look like a twat in public

And that my friend is why you make yourself out to be a tough guy over the internet

Goodbye Everybody, I have left the forum forever.

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 62
RE: funny cinema experiences - 23/5/2012 7:11:58 PM   
Hood_Man

Everyone stop using the smiley, nobody ever does that in real life when they're having an argument.

(in reply to S1lent B0b)
Post #: 63
RE: funny cinema experiences - 23/5/2012 7:39:18 PM   
snaze1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Everyone stop using the smiley, nobody ever does that in real life when they're having an argument.

As opposed to making yourself out to be a tough "crazy" guy shouting things out like a wanker in the cinema?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 64
RE: funny cinema experiences - 23/5/2012 8:38:56 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

quote:

As opposed to making yourself out to be a tough "crazy" guy shouting things out like a wanker in the cinema?

I think you quoted the wrong post...

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 65
RE: funny cinema experiences - 23/5/2012 9:09:19 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Yeah, but joining in with their revelry could be seen as equally obnoxious behaviour. And why pay 8 a ticket to watch a film and then talk and shout all the way through it?

quote:

A bit harsh.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to S1lent B0b)
Post #: 66
RE: funny cinema experiences - 23/5/2012 9:13:05 PM   
JV

Totally forgotten about this, but when I went to see The Mist, the audience really found it funny, me & my mate included. It's a great film but it can be unintentionally funny, and in fact when a particularly annoying character got killed, there was a round of applause - not just from one particular group, you could hear it from different parts of the cinema. It was a great atmosphere; I felt that people appreciated it as a film but also appreciated it wasn't perfect. Although I saw it at a multiplex, it was in the smallest screen and they only had the one showing that week, so I think it was a more discerning crowd (no chavs!).

The Woman In Black screening mentioned above, however, sounds a total nightmare.

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 67
RE: funny cinema experiences - 23/5/2012 9:16:17 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think you quoted the wrong post...

I was caught in the crossfire and got burned. I am the anonymous man who stood in front of the tank, only this time the tank didn't stop.

Post #: 68
RE: funny cinema experiences - 23/5/2012 11:11:07 PM   
S1lent B0b

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Yeah, but joining in with their revelry could be seen as equally obnoxious behaviour. And why pay 8 a ticket to watch a film and then talk and shout all the way through it?

quote:

A bit harsh.

Well we were just in an obnoxious mood apparently..... and we weren't shouting, nothing was said louder than a whisper. THe loudest we were is when we applauded the creepy toys

Goodbye Everybody, I have left the forum forever.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 69
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 12:45:04 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

And that my friend is why you make yourself out to be a tough guy over the internet

Nice knowing you snaze1.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to S1lent B0b)
Post #: 70
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 12:33:29 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: JV
The Mist

SPOILER BELOW

This was not in the cinema (we were watching the DVD at home), but my wife and I both belly laughed when the army turned up at the end, partly out of head slapping "you've got to be fucking kidding me" and partly because immediately after Thomas Jane shoots everyone I said to her "I will be tremendously annoyed if the army turns up now".

Fucking awful film.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 71
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 12:45:03 PM   
st3veebee

On Tuesday I went to The Raid at a 6.40 screening. There were about 6 others in the cinema and two of them were older women (around 65/70 if I had to guess)

They stayed all the way up until the 2 v 1 fight with Mad Dog and then decided they'd had enough. As they very slowly walked down the stairs to exit everyone heard the following conversation:

"Last time I let you choose the film Margaret"
"I didn't know it would be so violent!"
"They're STILL fighting. This is just silly"
"Fine. YOU choose next time"

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 72
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 12:52:32 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee
On Tuesday I went to The Raid at a 6.40 screening. There were about 6 others in the cinema and two of them were older women (around 65/70 if I had to guess)

They stayed all the way up until the 2 v 1 fight with Mad Dog and then decided they'd had enough. As they very slowly walked down the stairs to exit everyone heard the following conversation:

It amazes me the number of people who STILL just turn up to any old film willy nilly without reading anything about it. I remember when I went to see The Aristocrats half the audience (most of them middle aged or older, many of them couples) had left within half an hour (this was not so much a funny as expected cinema experience).

I have no doubt that some of them complained as well. Twats.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 73
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 1:19:04 PM   
matty_b

I had a similar experience with Four Lions.

A couple in their late 50's/early 60's lasted about ten minutes before walking out. I'm not sure if they thought they were going to be watching a nature documentary.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 74
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 3:05:56 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

It amazes me the number of people who STILL just turn up to any old film willy nilly without reading anything about it. I remember when I went to see The Aristocrats half the audience (most of them middle aged or older, many of them couples) had left within half an hour (this was not so much a funny as expected cinema experience).

I have no doubt that some of them complained as well. Twats.

I was surprised went I went to see The Cabin In The Woods and an elderly couple walked in and sat down. It was so unexpected that me and the two lads sat in front of me all checked our tickets to make sure we were in the right screen. The couple sat through the whole film. I'd love to know what they thought of it.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 75
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 4:15:11 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

I was surprised went I went to see The Cabin In The Woods and an elderly couple walked in and sat down. It was so unexpected that me and the two lads sat in front of me all checked our tickets to make sure we were in the right screen. The couple sat through the whole film. I'd love to know what they thought of it.

When I we went to see an advance screening of The Raid the same thing happened only that there were loads of old people in there, so much so I even went out and asked one of the staff if this was the right screen.

I think it being a free screening probably had something to do with it.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 25/5/2012 12:47:27 AM >

Post #: 76
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 4:22:26 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

When I went to see an advance screening of The Raid the same thing happened only that there were loads of old people in there, so much so I even went out and asked one of the staff if this was the right screen.

Oh they'll have seen some shit in their time... I remember listening to a story from an editor about a company in the 80's that bought Japanese Animes and sold them in the UK on VHS.

Some of them were nothing special, but some of them were, by all accounts, pretty gross, and there was an elderly lady who worked there and added the subtitles.

One day she was editing this video when suddenly, out of nowhere, the female protagonist gets tentacle raped from all sides.

The old lady stops for a moment, stares, ad then just goes "Oh" and carries on. She was asked about it later and she said "Oh, I've seen much worse than that dear!"

I was rolling on the floor when I heard that

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 77
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 5:40:11 PM   
snaze1

quote:

quote:

Nice knowing you snaze1.

Apologies if my comments offended anyone but people that pay a tenner to see a film & then spoil it for everyone else get on my tits and many times i have had to tell people to shut up at the cinema for this reason

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 78
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 6:50:34 PM   
great_badir

quote:

Oh they'll have seen some shit in their time... I remember listening to a story from an editor about a company in the 80's that bought Japanese Animes and sold them in the UK on VHS.

Some of them were nothing special, but some of them were, by all accounts, pretty gross, and there was an elderly lady who worked there and added the subtitles.

One day she was editing this video when suddenly, out of nowhere, the female protagonist gets tentacle raped from all sides.

The old lady stops for a moment, stares, ad then just goes "Oh" and carries on. She was asked about it later and she said "Oh, I've seen much worse than that dear!"

I was rolling on the floor when I heard that

Sounds like Urotsukidoji (could be any one of the sequels as well, to be honest). An appalling film that, in my opinion, gives anime and manga a bad name.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 79
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 7:55:29 PM   
will1000

Okay, so I was on a college trip to L.A (I'm from England...it was a fancy trip to see art galleries!) and we decided to go watch Scream 3 at a cinema. Everything was going well (even though the film sucked) until some murders started happening. At that point some guys (didn't actually see them but they sounded like teens) started screaming unnecessarily like girls, at which point my friend, in his plummiest English accent shouted "Oh shut the fuck up!". The screening went quiet, and at that point he admitted to me that he feared his chances of getting out there alive!

We never did see the people he shouted at, but in my head they look like this;

< Message edited by will1000 -- 24/5/2012 7:56:40 PM >

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 80
RE: funny cinema experiences - 24/5/2012 11:48:45 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: will1000

Okay, so I was on a college trip to L.A (I'm from England...it was a fancy trip to see art galleries!)

They have art galleries in L.A.?!!!!!!!

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 81
RE: funny cinema experiences - 25/5/2012 12:49:16 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

When I we went to see an advance screening of The Raid the same thing happened only that there were loads of old people in there, so much so I even went out and asked one of the staff if this was the right screen.

Go by yourself did you? And as I recall, you never went out once, do explain?

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 25/5/2012 12:50:15 AM >

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 82
RE: funny cinema experiences - 25/5/2012 10:16:46 AM   
TwistedAnimator

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir
Sounds like Urotsukidoji (could be any one of the sequels as well, to be honest). An appalling film that, in my opinion, gives anime and manga a bad name.

Oh man, I remember when I AKIRA was first on VHS.
I was watching it with friends when my folks came home just as Tetsuo turns into a gigantic testicle.
Didn't go down well. I think I was like, 12, lol.

Post #: 83
RE: funny cinema experiences - 25/5/2012 10:29:26 AM   
matty_b

quote:

Okay, so I was on a college trip to L.A (I'm from England...it was a fancy trip to see art galleries!) and we decided to go watch Scream 3 at a cinema. Everything was going well (even though the film sucked) until some murders started happening. At that point some guys (didn't actually see them but they sounded like teens) started screaming unnecessarily like girls, at which point my friend, in his plummiest English accent shouted "Oh shut the fuck up!". The screening went quiet, and at that point he admitted to me that he feared his chances of getting out there alive!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 84
RE: funny cinema experiences - 25/5/2012 11:53:49 AM   
MuckyMuckMan

A group of us went to see Judge Dredd and one particular guy with us had a dodgy eye that pointed outwards. Anyway we're all watching the film and one of us noticed our bozz eyed mate looking towards us instead of the screen. So my mate says to him 'what you looking at? aren't you bothered about the film?', his reply was classic, 'What you on about, I am watching the film! (with his bozz eye facing the screen). Which we all responded with a state of uncontrollable laughter for about 5 minutes.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 85
RE: funny cinema experiences - 25/5/2012 4:26:55 PM   
jonson

Talking of oldies in the cinema (not me ) I noticed a couple of pensioners walking out of Snowtown halfway through the unpleasant rape scene, whic surprised me they made it that far.
Watching Attack The Block, I had about 6 what looked like WI members on one side, and 2 little old boys (at least in their 70's) in front of us. I seriously thought we were in the wrong film. However, the film started, and they all laughed and clapped their way through the whole film. Perhaps one of the most enjoyable but bizarre cinema experiences I've ever had.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 86
RE: funny cinema experiences - 26/5/2012 10:02:32 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

So racist.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 87
RE: funny cinema experiences - 26/5/2012 11:45:19 PM   
fugaziuk

A few years ago, I was out visiting relatives in New York and we went to the huge AMC Times Square to watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Before the film started there was a trailer for the Kevin Costner film Swing Vote, you know the one where the guy gets a second chance to vote and it will decide who wins the election. Anyway the guy sitting next to us turned to his girlfriend and said "oh that would never happen in a million years" - a second passed by before some dude in front of us turned and started laying into this guy "and then there would be no F'N movie you F'N dumbass". They started having a huge argument in the only way New Yorkers can and i found this hilarious, i couldn't stop laughing as they went to and fro well into the first 5 minutes of the film.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 88
RE: funny cinema experiences - 28/5/2012 8:34:47 PM   
JV

A few years ago me & my sister went to the cinema in the US. You might think it's great that they get film releases before we do, but they also get a whole lotta crap that only ever goes straight to DVD here, or isn't released at all.

Anyway, we found ourselves watching Tomcats, the storyline of which I forget now but it wasn't great. About 40 minutes in, these 2 guys stand up, shout "The black guys are outta here!" and walk out.

To be honest, in my experience vocal outbursts of that ilk aren't unusual in American cinemas.

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to fugaziuk)
Post #: 89
RE: funny cinema experiences - 30/5/2012 4:19:56 PM   
Judge

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fair.

Went to see The Strangers and the audience was fantastic, everyone was in the mood and wanted to be scared. Apart from this beefcake bloke behind me who was with a girl. Everyone was jumping and sounds of fear were echoing apart from this bloke who was just continually reassuring his missus. Until Liv Tyler's final scream made everyone jump before cutting to black. The guy's quote... "Okay. I admit it. I shat myself." Just the way he said it was gold.

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: funny cinema experiences Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI