Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

funny cinema experiences

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> funny cinema experiences Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
funny cinema experiences - 8/2/2012 8:47:53 AM   
snaze1

Anyone got a funny story to tell about a visit to the cinema.

I went to see Innerspace after a very long, very hard day at work.
I fell asleep as they were spinning the submarine round to shrink it, slept through the whole film & woke as they were spinning the sub round on the machine to make it normal sized again.
You know when you think you have only been asleep a few seconds, well that's what i thought & got very confused when the film ended.
Post #: 1
RE: funny cinema experiences - 8/2/2012 9:03:25 AM   
UTB

My nan took me to see the Lion King, only we'd got the times wrong and bought tickets for a later showing, but walked into the screening that was already showing, exactly at the point that the new baby lion is held up, which we both assumed was at the beginning and wasn't. The film finished 20 minutes later and we were both quite confused.

Thinking about it now, the other patrons must have thought we were right nutters for being that late and joing it for the ending.

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 2
RE: funny cinema experiences - 8/2/2012 10:13:19 AM   
matty_b

I went to see The Queen on an early morning showing, and as you'd imagine there were quite a few old dears going to see it as well, and we all filed into the screen to take our seats.

The thing was, the projectionist was taking advantage of the early morning by playing through another film to check it worked without noticing that people were already in the screen.

The film? Dirty Sanchez. So these old dears were quite horrified to see people eating piss snowcones and a lot of male genitalia having painful things done to them.

Well, I laughed.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 3
RE: funny cinema experiences - 8/2/2012 10:28:18 AM   
Hood_Man

SPOILERS FOR THE DESCENDANTS!!!

I saw The Descendants the other day and when the moment happens that George Clooney finds out his wife had been having an affair, a woman a few rows behind let out the BIGGEST gasp I've ever heard Everyone turned to look, it was hysterical!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 4
RE: funny cinema experiences - 8/2/2012 5:53:06 PM   
Whistler

I mentioned this in another thread: when I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last month, there was a particular scene that made a woman shout "YES!", and then proceed to clap like a seal. She didn't realise how loud she'd been until she noticed everyone was looking at her. It was amusing

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire
Post #: 5
RE: funny cinema experiences - 8/2/2012 6:24:20 PM   
horribleives

As Seven ended, some dickhead behind me turned to his lass and said: 'Was it a bomb?'

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 6
RE: funny cinema experiences - 8/2/2012 6:49:13 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

As Seven ended, some dickhead behind me turned to his lass and said: 'Was it a bomb?'

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 7
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 6:51:21 AM   
itsmandylee101

The funniest thing that happened during a movie was when I watched a local film back in high school. While inside the cinema,my friend received a text message from another friend that they just had an earthquake at their place (another city). My loudmouth friend, unfortunately, told us that Mikki's place just had an earthquake. The word "earthquake" got emphasized to the point wherein almost everyone near our seats heard it- and PANICKED. The last thing we knew, everyone tried to get out because of the supposedly earthquake. We were so embarrassed we went home immediately.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 8
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 8:02:49 AM   
DancingClown

I remember one of the screenings of LOTR: Fellowship I went to with my wife. This particular day the cinema was packed with kids but they were remarkably well-behaved for such a long film. And near the end when Arragorn lops off Lurtz's head a little round of applause erupted near the front of the screen and a tiny posh female voice piped up: "That's a GOOD IDEA!"

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 9
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 9:22:29 AM   
kargon

When i worked in a our small local cinema, which has now gone, after some film one day that some little shit bags had come to see, i went to check on everything and found that one of the little fuckers (im talking 6 - 10 here) had had a shit on the floor right next to the pan in the females toilets. Most amusing looking back at it, donmt think io was as amused at the time.

"I SAY WHAT I LIKE AND I LIKE WHAT I BLOODY WELL SAY".

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH VIETNAM?"

"YOU BETTER BE PUTTING AWAY THAT BLADE, OR YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, EVEN WHILE IT'S HAPPENING"

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 10
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 2:21:01 PM   
jonson

For the last few years I've used an independent cinema in town, mainly because it's normally full of over 30's (less chatting and crisp rustling) and also because they let you drink alcohol in your seats .
I've been surprised at how many "pensioners" go to the cinema frequently, and had to laugh when I was surrounded by old dears watching Attack the Block. Surprisingly they loved it, but a few weeks ago when I watched Snowtown, the same group of old dears were there.
About half way through the male rape scene, they all left, and I overheard one of them saying "it's definately not your turn to choose the film next week Janet!" Poor old Janet, she always gets it wrong.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 11
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 2:28:38 PM   
st3veebee

In Cineworld at the end of last year I also had a funny moment during Snowtown. During the bath murder the gang of scumbags sitting at the back appeared to have had enough and walked out. The last thing I heard was one of them saying in a thick Dublin accent: "Austria looks like a shite country, I thought it was meant to be deadly".

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 12
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 2:54:48 PM   
Discodez

Many many years ago, as a collow youth, me and a few mates went to see a film, and whilst sat there waiting for the movie to start, messing around and stuff and all of us using lets say colourful language, an elderly couple in front of us asked us to "please mind your language". Being the nice young lads we were we apologised and stopped with the colourful adjectives.

Then the film started...

Beverly Hills cop!

Needless to say about 5 minutes in and 14 "motherfuckers" later, the elderly couple left.

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 13
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 3:41:10 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

In Cineworld at the end of last year I also had a funny moment during Snowtown. During the bath murder the gang of scumbags sitting at the back appeared to have had enough and walked out. The last thing I heard was one of them saying in a thick Dublin accent: "Austria looks like a shite country, I thought it was meant to be deadly".

to be fair the bath murder was one of the hardest thigns I've seen in a film for a long time.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 14
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 3:46:25 PM   
JIm R

When I went to see Cloverfield a few years back, in my screening there were a couple a bit 'older' than the average viewer for that kind of film, they sat through it happily but as we all left as an audeience, the husband of the couple said, 'yep enjoyed it but I wish they could have got a tripod for the camera, spolit everything !'  Missed the point me thinks.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 15
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 7:01:06 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

to be fair the bath murder was one of the hardest thigns I've seen in a film for a long time.

I found the egg-sandwhich/striptease sequence ten times more disturbing...
Seriously though, yes - that bathroom scene was unbearable, not so much because of the blood (though there's a lot of it) but...well, I won't say any more but I'm sure everyone who's seen it knows what I mean.
Brilliant film, but alas it's joined Salo..., Irreversible and Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer on my list of Great Movies I Will Never Watch Again.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 16
RE: funny cinema experiences - 9/2/2012 9:16:42 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seriously though, yes - that bathroom scene was unbearable, not so much because of the blood (though there's a lot of it) but...well, I won't say any more but I'm sure everyone who's seen it knows what I mean.
Brilliant film, but alas it's joined Salo..., Irreversible and Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer on my list of Great Movies I Will Never Watch Again.

Undoubtedly a tough watch: and also a brilliant film. Daniel Henshall as John Bunting is one of the best performances of recent years. Shame that film didn't get more attention, but I guess I can see why it wouldn't appeal to everyone.

Latest Films:

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 17
RE: funny cinema experiences - 10/2/2012 2:02:25 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Undoubtedly a tough watch: and also a brilliant film. Daniel Henshall as John Bunting is one of the best performances of recent years. Shame that film didn't get more attention, but I guess I can see why it wouldn't appeal to everyone.

I've never even heard of this film, although I have heard of the real life case.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 18
RE: funny cinema experiences - 10/2/2012 6:49:35 PM   
rich

quote:

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 19
RE: funny cinema experiences - 11/2/2012 2:17:18 PM   
kargon

I was in the cinema years ago watching that Cocoon, the one about the old people not dying. Right in the middle of it this old woman had a fit and dropped dead . That was pretty funny as we were watching Cocoon, ironic also

"I SAY WHAT I LIKE AND I LIKE WHAT I BLOODY WELL SAY".

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH VIETNAM?"

"YOU BETTER BE PUTTING AWAY THAT BLADE, OR YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, EVEN WHILE IT'S HAPPENING"

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 20
RE: funny cinema experiences - 11/2/2012 3:05:13 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: kargon

I was in the cinema years ago watching that Cocoon, the one about the old people not dying. Right in the middle of it this old woman had a fit and dropped dead . That was pretty funny as we were watching Cocoon, ironic also

Its probably a bad sign that I find this so funny.

Latest Films:

(in reply to kargon)
Post #: 21
RE: funny cinema experiences - 11/2/2012 7:33:05 PM   
Coyleone

Theres a few recent ones that come to mind.

Watching True Grit, there was a a couple behind me and this guy was complaining all the way through that he couldn't understand what Bridges was saying and was going to ask for his money back.

When I went to see District 9, at the start when it's pretty much all filmed as a documentary, this girl turns to her partner and says 'oh my god, I can't believe this is all real', the guy then called her a moron and told her it was fake, she then responded with 'but it is real, look, they are showing real footage and actually talking about it, they wouldn't do that in a film'. The guy just told her to be quiet and watch it and she did.

Something I find funny is when people don't even know what they are watching. After Public Enemies, this guy was on his phone and he turned to his mate and said 'what was that we just watched?' his friend told him and he said 'Puplic Enemies apparantly, yeah it was alright I guess'.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 22
RE: funny cinema experiences - 11/2/2012 11:32:31 PM   
doubtlesswonder

Nothing majorly hilarious comes to mind but when I went to see The King's Speech there was just me and a few little groups of elderly people dotted around. There were two little old women sat just in front of me. When it got to the scene where George is swearing, they didn't blink and eye or react at all through allt eh shits and fucks, but when he says "Tits!" at the end, one of them started giggling like a schoolgirl. I found that very amusing at the time.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 23
RE: funny cinema experiences - 12/2/2012 12:20:49 AM   
piginapoke

Went to cinema to see Backdraft. Towards the end when the arsonist was about to be revealed, the film all bubbled up and stopped. Few minutes later a sheepish cinema manager came out to the front and told us the projector had caught fire!

I still haven't seen the end of Backdraft.

Films seen this year

Wreck it Ralph - 3/5
Evil Dead 3/5

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 24
RE: funny cinema experiences - 12/2/2012 9:08:40 PM   
vad3r

The one that springs to mind is during The King's Speech. A guy near the front stood up, pulled his trousers down, grabbed his cock and started masturbating loudly.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 12/2/2012 9:11:48 PM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to piginapoke)
Post #: 25
RE: funny cinema experiences - 12/2/2012 9:10:15 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

The one that springs to mind is during The King's Speech. A guy near the front stood up, pulled down his trousers down, grabbed his cock and started masturbating loudly.

.....And then you woke up covered in sweat, thinking of Geoffrey Rush.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26
RE: funny cinema experiences - 13/2/2012 12:03:57 AM   
rich

Not directly cinema related, but we were in a restaurant and this woman across from us was having a loud rant about The Firm remake they did a few years ago and how disgusting it was, and even though she and (I assume her husband) went in without reading about the film's synopsis (I'd have thought this was common practice) she went a complained to the staff about it afterwards, and she couldn't understand why they were so unhelpful to her about the experience, and despite her sitting through the whole thing and all of it's terrible violence (...by choice) couldn't give her any money back.

< Message edited by rich -- 13/2/2012 12:08:22 AM >

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 27
RE: funny cinema experiences - 15/2/2012 1:35:31 PM   
Marwood

Man I've missed all this kind of weirdness in the times I've been to the cinema! Don't even remember anything this funny going on when I worked at one.

About all I've got is seeing Inception (SPOILER) and at the very end when the spinning top wobbles and the film cuts to black some guy in the audience went "Noooooooo".

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 28
RE: funny cinema experiences - 15/2/2012 11:39:54 PM   
Ghidorah

One time a drunk snuck into our screeening and was shouting abuse toward the film trailers. Everyone did their best to look ahead and tried not to laugh. He started preaching the Russians are coming to get us and everyone couldn't stop laughing. He was thrown out a few minutes later only to walked back in to say another remake before walking out again.

I remember going to see Shoot'em Up. Every single person came out of the screening were laughing, except a couple in their sixties. They didn't say a word, but the expressions on their faces basically read 'What did I just watched?'

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 29
RE: funny cinema experiences - 17/2/2012 7:06:05 PM   
mclane1

back in the day when you could smoke in the cinema (which i believe was the happiest time of my life) i had an ashtray that had been ripped off the back of a seat thrown at the back of my head during Rocky IV and had to go to hospital.

If I remember it was during the emotional death of apollo at the hands of nasty lundgren

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> funny cinema experiences Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI