Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ford Won't Be In New Blade Runner

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ford Won't Be In New Blade Runner Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ford Won't Be In New Blade Runner - 7/2/2012 7:56:23 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Does Harrison Ford Dream Of Blade Runner 2? - 7/2/2012 7:56:23 PM   
BenTramer

Harrison Ford is making some pretty bad movies lately, this is a golden opportunity to do a Blade Runner movie he's happy with. It's 30 years later and everything has changed, it won't be the nightmare shoot of the early 80s. They can do so much with CGI now that there's no need to shoot everything then and there. Do it for the fans, Harrison.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
If Ford was to appear in the film.... - 7/2/2012 10:32:37 PM   
Holbydude

......A plot arch could be young Deckard hated his job as a Blade Runner and went to Tyrell Corp to get a replica of him on the streets so he could retire. Deckard reitres after one gets made and 'it' is the Blade Runner in the film. Gaff knows Deckard has been replaced but hasn't told Byrant. Rachel's longevity was not in her programming and 'dies'. Replicant Deckard becomes more aware of himself and certain implanted memories thought blocked, come back...He goes looking for Human Deckard...I would love to see that happen and a character called 'Weyland' or 'Bishop' appear...you never know....Holbydude out.

Post #: 3
RE: If Ford was to appear in the film.... - 8/2/2012 10:18:32 PM   
King of Kafiristan

BLADE RUNNER was my first ever favorite film. As far back as sixth grade, I was telling everyone at camp who would listen about my undying love for Scott's brilliant vision of the future. So, at first blush, my reaction to this news is one of mild disappoint. When I think it over though, and take off the rose colored glasses, I'm more than ready to say this is most definitely a good sign. I was a bit weary of a BLADE RUNNER sequel sequel in the first place, but felt more comfortable with the idea that it would be a film that took place in that "universe", but would leave Deckard's tale alone. The elevator doors slamming shut are all we need, and to answer those mysteries directly, to show us Ford as an old man, just would be doing a disservice to the legacy of BR. Ford, as much as I love him (in my opinion? greatest movie star of all time), has not been on his game lately, and I don't even really have faith he's still capable of the kind of acting he turned out in his 80s heyday.

So let this BLADERUNNER be it's own animal. Hopefully we'll get something special out of it.

(in reply to Holbydude)
Post #: 4
Why do have to go back to the Original - 12/2/2012 7:25:47 PM   
cinefan 1958

Talks with the production team say that they are going through the writing process, not casting. Can we just look to the fact that some people involved in the first one would not be in the second? I find nothing wrong with the idea of something different to be done in the name of BLADE RUNNER, and not being a complete re-do like so many times the Hollywood Film Factory tries to do so often in recent years. I have always loved the Original since the opening day in the Summer of 1982, I can live with another version without being a sequel or redux.

Post #: 5
- 30/5/2012 11:11:40 AM   
bellclinton

Ford is fantastic! Plus, the internet is a marvelous thing, particularly when it comes to finding a great, new car. I knew I wanted a new car and investigated an excellent site I found to find it. The site showed me where all the Ford automobiles I might want were, and I was able to get a Ford in Spokane. Are you currently in the market to sell or buy a new or used <a href=”http://www.cardealexpert.com/city/WA/Spokane”>Ford Focus<a/>? If this sounds like you, do yourself a favor and look into <a href=”http://www.cardealexpert.com/dealer/80570/WA-Spokane-Gus-Johnson-Ford”>Gus Johnson Ford Spokane WA</a>.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ford Won't Be In New Blade Runner Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI