Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jack and Jill - 7/2/2012 4:00:36 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 7/2/2012 4:00:36 PM   
Bighousewill

Otto the bearded homeless guy that becomes a caddy in Happy Gilmore is in it and about a day later I found my self giggling when I remembered the little Indian boy with a pepper pot taped to his forehead Al Pacino plays him self and there are also lots of american celebrity cameos and I say American because most of them are hardly well known in Britain so...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 7/2/2012 8:27:47 PM   
kargon

it looks fking dire

"I SAY WHAT I LIKE AND I LIKE WHAT I BLOODY WELL SAY".

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH VIETNAM?"

"YOU BETTER BE PUTTING AWAY THAT BLADE, OR YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, EVEN WHILE IT'S HAPPENING"

(in reply to Bighousewill)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 8/2/2012 3:51:13 PM   
nhassell

A surefire contender for the worst film of all time.

This Is The End - ***
Man Of Steel - ***
The Great Gatsby - ***
Iron Man 3 - ***
Evil Dead - ***

(in reply to kargon)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 9/2/2012 7:54:32 PM   
Qwerty Norris

After watching a rough cut of his dunkin' donuts-appearing commercial; a caricature of Al Pacino (played by...err...Al Pacino) turns round to its producer played by one Adam Sandler to offer his opinion. "Burn this....this must never be seen.... by anyone....all copies....destroy them." The deep irony of course being that this point of view is comfortably appropriate for the review ofJack & Jill itself.

The nicest possible thing that can possibly be said about Sandler's new vehicle is that it never reaches the levels of technical incompetence set by such monumental disasters like Tommy Wiseau's The Room... but that is absolutely it. In recent memory; It's hard to think of a film as headache-inducing, head in the hands, fingers over the eyes, jaw-dropping, seat-sinking, brain-battering, "OH FOR HEAVENS SAKE" declaring, world-shatteringly awful as Jack & Jill. There are no redemptive qualities. There are no "so bad it's good" characteristics. There is literally nothing within it to consider it as anything other than cinematic torture. If you're a fan of Al Pacino, Johnny Depp, John Mcenroe or even Justin Bieber - it's more dreadful than you can possibly imagine.

Too often; there are people out there who will come out of a perfectly decent and well-intended (if perhaps flawed) piece and come out going "that was rubbish" or type furiously onto their keyboards and post "worst film ever" on the IMDB forums. At worst, these types of people are complete morons. At best, they're extremely naive. To understand just how bad a mainstream film can aspire to; one has to experience a film like Jack & Jill. A film that metaphorically speaking; is the equivalent of Adam Sandler gathering all his films, all his awards, all his earnings, all his credibility (of what's left of it anyway) - absolutely everything relatable to his career, soaking it in petrol & setting it ablaze with not a match, but a flame-thrower...or maybe even the firery depths of eternal hell.

Astonishingly shite.

1/5

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to nhassell)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 9/2/2012 8:20:30 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

After watching a rough cut of his dunkin' donuts-appearing commercial; a caricature of Al Pacino (played by...err...Al Pacino) turns round to its producer played by one Adam Sandler to offer his opinion. "Burn this....this must never be seen.... by anyone....all copies....destroy them." The deep irony of course being that this point of view is comfortably appropriate for the review ofJack & Jill itself.

The nicest possible thing that can possibly be said about Sandler's new vehicle is that it never reaches the levels of technical incompetence set by such monumental disasters like Tommy Wiseau's The Room... but that is absolutely it. In recent memory; It's hard to think of a film as headache-inducing, head in the hands, fingers over the eyes, jaw-dropping, seat-sinking, brain-battering, "OH FOR HEAVENS SAKE" declaring, world-shatteringly awful as Jack & Jill. There are no redemptive qualities. There are no "so bad it's good" characteristics. There is literally nothing within it to consider it as anything other than cinematic torture. If you're a fan of Al Pacino, Johnny Depp, John Mcenroe or even Justin Bieber - it's more dreadful than you can possibly imagine.

Too often; there are people out there who will come out of a perfectly decent and well-intended (if perhaps flawed) piece and come out going "that was rubbish" or type furiously onto their keyboards and post "worst film ever" on the IMDB forums. At worst, these types of people are complete morons. At best, they're extremely naive. To understand just how bad a mainstream film can aspire to; one has to experience a film like Jack & Jill. A film that metaphorically speaking; is the equivalent of Adam Sandler gathering all his films, all his awards, all his earnings, all his credibility (of what's left of it anyway) - absolutely everything relatable to his career, soaking it in petrol & setting it ablaze with not a match, but a flame-thrower...or maybe even the firery depths of eternal hell.

Astonishingly shite.

1/5

Justin Bieber can stay,but the others,well,thats just embarrassing.
What do they get out of this.They couldnt possibly need more money or exposure.
Maybe Adam Sandler has something on them

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 6
RE: RE: - 9/2/2012 9:29:01 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

Astonishingly shite.

1/5

What do they get out of this.They couldnt possibly need more money or exposure.

That question was in my head for the entire thing; along with "why is that indian child taping things to himself?" "Why is there a homeless man at the dinner table?" "Has Katie Holmes' performance been imported from another film?" How is it possible for any of these characters to warm to Jill?" "How is this only a PG?" "Why does the guy on the date with Jill make the effort to hang on the ceiling in the toliet when he could have just walked out of the restaurant?" "Why do we have a massive drawn-out intro/outro containing interviews with numerous pairs of twins of the same gender when Jack & Jill differentiate in that regard?" "Why is Dana Carvy dressed in drag?" "How did a cruise-liner sail from L.A. to Majorca in only a few hours?" "How did this cost $76 million dollars" & "what on earth am I doing here?"

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 7
RE: Jack and Jill - 10/2/2012 3:37:49 PM   
Swedle

I hear this film will soon be being used as a torture device in secret gorvernment labs. They're going to test it on Adam Sandler first. You can buy tickets to watch, you could even demand a refund from your ticket from Jack&Jill to pay for it.

Post #: 8
RE: Jack and Jill - 11/2/2012 10:00:59 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Worth it just to see Pacino's Dunkin Donuts ad!

(in reply to Swedle)
Post #: 9
RE: Jack and Jill - 11/2/2012 2:27:41 PM   
kargon

I haven't seen this, but i know for a fact its shit.

"I SAY WHAT I LIKE AND I LIKE WHAT I BLOODY WELL SAY".

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH VIETNAM?"

"YOU BETTER BE PUTTING AWAY THAT BLADE, OR YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, EVEN WHILE IT'S HAPPENING"

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 10
RE: Jack and Jill - 11/2/2012 6:14:33 PM   
Spaldron

This is old but it says everything you need to know about this film. http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-jack-and-jill/

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to kargon)
Post #: 11
Cack and Jill! - 14/2/2012 9:07:53 AM   
filmsunlimited

OK, here we have a film about a twin sister of Jacks who is quite nauseating. When she comes to stay for Thanksgiving, she outstays her welcome and extends her stay through Hanukkah and into the New Years cruise. So yes, this is one of those coming home for Thanksgiving movies that, even by its owm distinctly sub-average genre standards, is quite woeful. Geographically, the cruise scores an epic fail. Bikinis on the 40th parallel in January in the cold Atlantic? Get real! (the shadows from the Sun suggest filming occured in Summer or Autumn) If all of the above is not bad enough, we have Al Pacino hamming it up (playing himself) - god what is a talent like that doing in this dirge of a film? Believe me when I say I only saw this because I am an Unlimited card holder - paying £7.40 for this - no chance! Frankly I regret the petrol I wasted getting to the cinema on this. There is much better out there at present, go culture yourself up and see the Artist.

Post #: 12
RE: Cack and Jill! - 15/2/2012 9:23:02 PM   
Ethanial

Saw the film, did a piece about it, spoiler alert, it's an awful film: http://www.dogatemywookie.co.uk/?p=20227

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to filmsunlimited)
Post #: 13
No stars? - 19/2/2012 11:20:50 PM   
The Watcher

Has this film been reviewed...or did the critic choose suicide instead? :s

Post #: 14
RE: No stars? - 20/2/2012 9:21:29 AM   
NCC1701A

It was never press screened for the critic's and it is awful.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to The Watcher)
Post #: 15
RE: No stars? - 20/2/2012 9:23:44 AM   
NCC1701A

It did not have a  press screeening  for the critic's and yes it awful.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 16
RE: No stars? - 20/2/2012 9:25:06 AM   
NCC1701A

It never got a press screening and yes it really is awful.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 17
Jack and Jill Review - 11/3/2012 2:27:01 PM   
DaleLawson

I did smile a few times during Jack and Jill but I never laughed out loud, which I would expect to do when watching a comedy film. Unfortunately half the gags I may have laughed at are in the trailer and therefore are no longer funny when seeing them for a second or third time. For a film in the comedy genre, it failed. For a film in general, it failed. Do not watch this unless you love every movie Adam Sandler makes. If you do then this film is probably right up your street with its unintelligent comedy, pathetic attempts for a laugh and tedious narrative. I will leave this review with the simple question of: How does Adam Sandler always get such attractive wives in his movies, when he just isn’t that funny?

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Jack and Jill Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI