Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Machete Kills Kicks Off In April

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Machete Kills Kicks Off In April Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Machete Kills Kicks Off In April - 7/2/2012 8:04:52 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 7/2/2012 8:04:52 AM   
Whistler

I guess I'll watch it, but I've become so unexcited by every RR output of recent years. Just do Sin City 2!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Ah, Rodriguez...we need Sin City 2! - 7/2/2012 8:48:21 AM   
ronniem

When, oh when is he going to get serious and bring out something worthwhile, instead of all this Spy Kids, Machete nonsense...his work's seriously gone down the dumps since Sin City. He even dithered on making a Deadpool film, only to go and make another Spy Kids crapfest.

Post #: 3
- 7/2/2012 3:18:07 PM   
Stephen Done

Best bit of movie news I've heard all month. And as I'm sure Mr Rodriguez must be a keen follower of this site may I use this forum to suggest to him he follows the mental combination of DeNiro, Seagal and Don Johnson by finding roles for Pacino, Van Damme and Larry Hagman? Even if they all have to play Mexicans!!

Post #: 4
- 7/2/2012 3:18:25 PM   
Stephen Done

Best bit of movie news I've heard all month. And as I'm sure Mr Rodriguez must be a keen follower of this site may I use this forum to suggest to him he follows the mental combination of DeNiro, Seagal and Don Johnson by finding roles for Pacino, Van Damme and Larry Hagman? Even if they all have to play Mexicans!!

Post #: 5
- 7/2/2012 3:55:22 PM   
durelius

That premise sounds frankly ridiculous but i enjoyed the first film enough to be interested. It may not be up to Sin City standard but at least he does films that are original and different.

Post #: 6
RE: Ah, Rodriguez...we need Sin City 2! - 7/2/2012 4:22:45 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronniem

When, oh when is he going to get serious and bring out something worthwhile, instead of all this Spy Kids, Machete nonsense...his work's seriously gone down the dumps since Sin City. He even dithered on making a Deadpool film, only to go and make another Spy Kids crapfest.

PREDATORS was nothing special, but I found it reasonably entertaining, buoyed by a solid cast. I'd never have pegged Adrian Brody for an action star, but for the first time in his career he seemed legitimately 'bad ass' with his work in that film.

In general though I'd have to agree with you about RR's output. I've never been a particular fan, though SIN CITY was certainly fresh and exciting at the time. I didn't really care for MACHETE, personally, but the racist outrage from the anti-mexican American right wing it engendered made the entire affair more than worth it. With this being an election year, I wouldn't mind Rodriguez again stirring the pot, and I'm definitely not going to begrudge Danny Trejo the work.

(in reply to ronniem)
Post #: 7
Great fun! - 8/2/2012 9:21:06 AM   
dannyfletch

I found the first Machete was great fun, yes it could've been better but he's a cool character and I'm a fan of Danny Trejo. I think Rodreguez will make the sequel better than the first

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Machete Kills Kicks Off In April Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI