Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 19/11/2012 4:55:22 PM   
Woger

Something about the story doesn't sit right with me. In the first episode a command was sent to the submarine via a back up channel, implying at the time that the main channel was down or it was from a rogue element of the government. Now the main channel wasn't down so who sent the command and shouldn't there be more of a fuss over this domestically?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 31
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 19/11/2012 5:04:44 PM   
elab49

That's kind of the point - they are painting the sub's team as liars making crap up and only a couple of people actually know that they're telling the truth about what happened.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 32
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 19/11/2012 5:27:58 PM   
Woger

Ah ok, is the sub being blamed fo rthe strike on Paikistan? I musthave missed something somehow.

Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 33
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 19/11/2012 6:02:40 PM   
elab49

You might want to rewatch the first epi.

They were ordered to make the strike but didn't, so then one of their own bombed them and that was used as an excuse to fire on Pakistan, who they blamed for destroying the sub.

But then they turn up again, making the claims about the signal and who was actually responsible for bombing them. So the US tag them as liars and try to kill them BUT some people (ie weapon woman) are able to find evidence of the original communication that is being denied.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 34
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 19/11/2012 6:46:36 PM   
Woger

Whoosh.

That was the sound of the episode going over my head.

- - -

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 35
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 19/11/2012 6:49:47 PM   
elab49

Which point? THere was a fakeout as an excuse to attack Pakistan. Conning a sub into going rogue didn't work, so they bombed it, blamed Pakistan and used that as an excuse to attack instead.

quote:

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 36
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 19/11/2012 7:39:06 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Which point? THere was a fakeout as an excuse to attack Pakistan. Conning a sub into going rogue didn't work, so they bombed it, blamed Pakistan and used that as an excuse to attack instead.

I missed completely that Pakistan was nuked (for some as yet unkown reason) as they were blamed for attacking the sub. I thought Pakistan was atatcked for some other external development, hence my whole point about why isn't there more of a fuss over that.

< Message edited by Woger -- 19/11/2012 7:41:17 PM >

- - -

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 37
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 19/11/2012 9:34:22 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I missed completely that Pakistan was nuked (for some as yet unkown reason) as they were blamed for attacking the sub. I thought Pakistan was atatcked for some other external development, hence my whole point about why isn't there more of a fuss over that.

Well of course the US government was going to bomb Pakistan anyway, they sent orders to the Colorado, the real question is why they wanted to bomb them in the first place. It has something to do with the Marines rescued by the Colorado

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 38
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 19/11/2012 9:46:21 PM   
elab49

The sub was used as an excuse. The US population believe the attack on Pakistan was justified because of the unprovoked attack on the sub as they don't know the real story. Which is linked to what Musht said.

quote:

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 39
RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form T... - 23/11/2012 9:23:19 PM   
Shifty Bench

This should please fans of the show- it's getting an actual ending. They are tweaking what would have been their season finale into a series finale.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI