Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Muppets

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Muppets Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Muppets - 6/2/2012 3:43:03 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
why, why, why, why??? - 6/2/2012 3:43:03 PM   
jordan thomas

this is no better than alvin and the chipmunks movies, the muppets where never funny i think the people who like them are on crack

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
sooo charming! - 7/2/2012 12:21:57 AM   
scabzine

extremly fun, funny and brilliantly playing the nostalgia note

Post #: 3
- 9/2/2012 7:33:07 PM   
smakris04

Made absolutely for grown-up fans!?!?!?!?!?! Really? I enjoyed it for been a fun pop movie but it was not made for grown up audience. At times I hated how much childish it was and how stupid it felt to watch it. I loved it but Christmas Carols was more adult. This one should have a PG 13 rating for adults. Come if you really really really really love muppets.

Post #: 4
Yes, Jordan - 10/2/2012 12:58:10 PM   
Smerph

That's the only explanation. Christ...

Post #: 5
Cinematic joy - 11/2/2012 11:40:25 AM   
sephiroth7

Absolutely fucking perfect.

Post #: 6
awesome - 11/2/2012 10:12:23 PM   
tysmuse

Should be up for Best Picture.

Post #: 7
Wonderful! - 12/2/2012 2:38:28 PM   
Bighousewill

The gift of laughter and watching Amy Adams sing and dance is just bliss.

Post #: 8
RE: Wonderful! - 13/2/2012 7:03:27 AM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Doesn't put a foot wrong, bliss

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Bighousewill)
Post #: 9
RE: Wonderful! - 13/2/2012 9:29:28 AM   
blackduck

Pure cinematic joy. It's been too long since the Muppets have starred in thier own movie rather than gatecrashing other stories. I feel a little sad for anyone who doesn't enjoy this movie........could have lived without the Chris Cooper rap though....

I am but an egg.

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 10
RE: Wonderful! - 13/2/2012 9:36:07 AM   
Timon

Chris Cooper rapping was wonderful. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Only complaint was that it needed more Beaker ,but his rendition of Smells Like Teen Spirit was awesome.

Brilliant.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 11
RE: Wonderful! - 13/2/2012 10:23:37 AM   
beancounter

This is a truly wonderful film, very funny and does not take itself seriously at all. The song and dance routines during the first half were a little weird at first but absolutely worked overall.

By the time it got to the Muppet show itself, I felt like a child again, enjoying the TV show on a Saturday night. It felt absolutely pitch perfect. The children in the cinema were enjoying it, but not as much as their parents

The spirit of Jim Henson is alive and well

I wish none of this had happened.
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 12
RE: Wonderful! - 14/2/2012 10:51:50 AM   
Dr Lenera

When he is a young boy, Gary gains a younger brother called Walter, who is a muppet.  Increasingly finding himself an outsider, Walter finds solace in The Muppet Show on TV.  As adults, Gary plans a vacation to Los Angeles with his girlfriend Mary to celebrate their tenth anniversary, and he invites Walter along so he can tour the Muppet Theatre, though Mary feels that Gary's devotion to Walter detracts from their relationship.  In Los Angeles, the three visit the Muppet Theater to find it derelict, and worse than that, Walter sneaks off and overhears the theatre being sold to oil magnate Tex Richman, who, once he attains the theatre, really wants to destroy it and drill for oil underneath. A lawyer explains that to Gary, Walter and Mary that if they can raise $10 million they can repurchase the theatre, an undertaking that  involves bringing all the original Muppets back together………

Right at the beginning of this review, I am going to admit something.  I have never seen a Muppet movie, nor was I a fan of the TV series when I was younger.  Although I do remember checking it out a couple of times it just wasn't my thing and bored me; as a child of that age it was things like Monkey, Buck Rogers and late night Dracula and Frankenstein movies that I used to sneak downstairs late at night to watch, that rocked my boat.  Sometimes though I think it's good to go into something without much experience or knowledge of something, and so it was for me with The Muppets, which of course is only the latest in a line of Muppet films dating back to 1979 [though can you believe it the first Muppets were unveiled by creator Jim Henson in 1954!].  The last two movies were made for TV affairs and I think it's fair to say that the Muppets were losing some of their lustre and interest.

Which is of course what this latest production is all about, and one of the reasons it has been such a success artistically and commercially.  Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed The Muppets; it's a wonderfully innocent, goofy endeavour that proves that decent live action [though of course that term could be pushing it somewhat!] films can be made for children and adults to enjoy together that don't involve sexual references, violence [actually, come to  think of it, there is some violence of the slapstick nature, but I'm sure you get the idea], or constant attempts to be 'cool'.  The Muppets successfully manages to have its cake and eat it; it knowingly presents the Muppets as possibly outdated 'has-beens', right down to a sequence where they are turned down by almost every producer in town, but ends up celebrating them and their inoffensive, happy humour.  I would imagine that if you were one of those many kids who did grow up loving them on TV, then you would find this film a wonderful and even bittersweet nostalgia blast, more perhaps than some of the various adventures the characters have been on in the interim; rather than having them in space or in Oz, this movie is located firmly in 'our' world.  Pleasingly though, the many children in the screen I saw the film in also seemed to thoroughly enjoy it, despite it being comparatively genial and even slow paced in comparison with your average children's movie these days.

The plot really is old-hat, its 'saving the theatre' idea has already been done to death, and no doubt you will know how the plot will progress.  You'll get the threat to close the theatre.  You'll get the few moments of sadness and then "hang on”!  You'll get lots of searching for and finding old performers, all of whom will be found to be doing different things.  You'll get early rehearsals which don't work.  You'll get a relationship upon which the success of the show ends up hinging on.  You'll get the final victorious performance – come on, you don't need me to warn you of spoilers, because you can probably write the story yourself!  Quite often though, it's not the story that really matters though, it's the way it's told, and The Muppets tells its unoriginal story deftly and even intelligently; yes, none of the humour is of the sophisticated sort, but the script by Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller is really quite clever in its attitude to its strange, ugly [come on, they are ugly!] but endearing puppets and their place.

The comedy mostly involves pratfalls, stupid lines and even some surreal 'breaking the fourth wall', so I was certainly kept quite busy laughing.  There's also an almost constant knowingness throughout, this is a good example;

Statler:  If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were reciting some sort of important plot point.
Waldorf: I hope so. Otherwise I would've bored half the audience half to death.
Statler:  You mean half the audience is still alive?

What I really loved was the surreal nature of some of the film, such as a very 'touching-in-an-odd-way' bit where, in separate locales, Gary and Walter both sing a mournful song about being a man or a muppet, and we see Gary with a muppet version of himself and Walter with a human version!  I really didn't expect to see such an odd scene in a film like this!  The music throughout works very well.  Original songs such as the opening and closing Life's A Happy Song, which gets away with being outrageously sweet and sugary, are superbly judged, parodic but revelling in the fact too, while I liked the twists on [some of would say murdering of] existing songs such as Cee Lo Green's Forget You done by squawking chickens which I must say I prefer to the original track. And don't forget sneeing villain Chris Cooper breaking into a bizarre impromptu rap!

The human side of the film isn't entirely successful; I couldn't understand why Mary was still with Gary after ten years of inability to express his feelings and even neglect.  To me Jason Segal lacks charisma [and can't dance either], but luckily Amy Adams, almost doing a variation on her Enchanted role, is sweet and adorable.  There are cameos, mainly from TV folk, but you may also notice Mickey Rooney, Alan Arkin [very funny], Emily Blunt and an extended one from Jack Black.  No absolute' mega-stars' maybe, though there are rumours of certain people being cut out I don't want to say who! I didn't really know what to expect from The Muppets, but I had a goofy smile on my face from the first scene to after I had exited the cinema.  Sometimes that's all you want from a film, to forget your troubles and be happy, and The Muppets certainly let me do that. 

Rating:8/10

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 14/2/2012 10:52:17 AM >

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to beancounter)
Post #: 13
RE: Wonderful! - 14/2/2012 2:19:34 PM   
musht

This was pure joy!!!

Chickens - Forget You was one of the funniest things ever

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 14
Good Effort - 14/2/2012 4:07:39 PM   
JediBobster

The Muppets was good but lacked some of the mayhem and anarchy that made people love the Muppets first time round. Thus there are some good little laughs but overall the film just isn't quite funny enough. It doesn't help that if you have seen the trailer a few times you can anticipate many of the punchlines. Most of Bret McKenzie's songs are a joy though.

The tone felt a little too reverent and spent too much time tugging on the heart strings – although at one point it does this very well indeed - instead of going for the funny bone.

It felt a little light on proper cameos, how great would it have been to see old friends such as Stallone, Steve Martin or Mark Hamill pop up? Or at least the likes of Ben Stiller or Owen Wilson rather than Jack Black, Whoopi Golberg and Selena Gomez (Who? You may well ask.) Empire says made entirely for grown-ups but the appearance of Disney's star Gomez suggests not quite. Also seeing subtle shills for Winnie the Pooh and Cars 2 made me feel a little dirty.

Much like Joe Dante's 'Looney Tunes Back in Action' it is better than many recent projects the characters have been involved with but still lacking that special something – mostly the chaos. Since Disney have owned the Muppets they've lost a a little of their appeal, become a little less manic and a little more soft. The Muppets were never nasty or biting but they weren't very reverent either - something that this movie is. Especially during the last half hour or so of this film, were they attempt to recreate the old vaudeville shows, it feels like there is not enough mayhem and farce.

But, yeah, it's still mostly a pleasure, it proves that the Muppets can still carry a movie with ease. I'll look forward to see what they get up to next.

JEDI BOBSTER

My other minor beef with the film is the fact they build up the myth of The Muppet Theater being in L.A. - which is a bit of a kick in the teeth when the Muppet Show was filmed here in old Blighty. Without Lew Grade The Muppet Show may never have existed.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 15
The Muppets Review - 14/2/2012 10:57:08 PM   
the film man

Clever, charming, and heartfelt, The Muppets is a welcome big screen return for Jim Henson's lovable creations that will both win new fans and delight longtime devotees.

Post #: 16
RE: The Muppets Review - 16/2/2012 12:12:18 AM   
S. C. Lee

I liked it, a lot, but I wanted it to be better. After all the hype I expected a five star film (I got a three and a half star movie.), still that's pretty good and Amy was cute

Feel good, some nice song and dance numbers, some decent comedy. One for the collection.

(in reply to the film man)
Post #: 17
RE: why, why, why, why??? - 16/2/2012 9:52:45 AM   
narmour

quote:

ORIGINAL: jordan thomas

this is no better than alvin and the chipmunks movies, the muppets where never funny i think the people who like them are on crack

Well go fetch me my crack pipe then, I'm going in...

(in reply to jordan thomas)
Post #: 18
RE: why, why, why, why??? - 16/2/2012 10:14:10 AM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: narmour

quote:

ORIGINAL: jordan thomas

Well go fetch me my crack pipe then, I'm going in...

Pass that pipe along there buddy! Muppets rule.

(in reply to narmour)
Post #: 19
RE: why, why, why, why??? - 16/2/2012 11:20:12 AM   
NCC1701A

5/5

Really enjoyed this a lot and love the Man or Muppet song.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 20
RE: why, why, why, why??? - 16/2/2012 11:40:02 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

5/5

Really enjoyed this a lot and love the Man or Muppet song.

Yep that song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the year..

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 21
RE: why, why, why, why??? - 16/2/2012 6:44:59 PM   
John_P

absolutely loved it, my nostalgia for it combined well with a fun story putting the muppets to the fore and including some fantastic songs and laugh out loud music

The highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Everybodys out on the run tonight but theres no place left to hide

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 22
RE: why, why, why, why??? - 17/2/2012 12:22:49 AM   
jrewing1000

Went to see this with a cinema-full of families on half-term holidays. Have to say I really enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

The biggest disappointment for me was Kermit the Frog! Why does he have to be so damn depressed all the time?! I remember him from my childhood as this really upbeat, sometimes insane wild frog who runs around with such glee to get everything going and make sure everyone is at their best. For some reason, he's turned into a downbeat, glum character who only ever sings intraspective songs. I remember him doing those kinds of numbers, but they worked well only because they stood out against his usual upbeat persona.

I loved the songs, could tell straight away that Flight of the Conchords were involved. Big fans of theirs should go and see this film.

I am in agreement with the reviewer, that I too was disappointed with the lack of celebrities that I felt I was promised during the build. But hey, didn't matter too much.

Over all, a good piece of fun with catchy songs and a good heart. But there are MUCH better family movies out there, and doesn't come close to Pixar for gold-plated cinematic joy for all ages.

(in reply to John_P)
Post #: 23
RE: why, why, why, why??? - 17/2/2012 4:05:54 PM   
Invader_Ace

This was awesome.  Went to see it with Mrs. Ace and her nephews, who are 10 and 7.  We all loved it. It doesn't quite hit the full 5 stars though.
Going to say 4 out of 5.

At the end, youngest nephew says "Are Muppets real?!"
Half way through  me answering "of course", Mrs. Ace bluntly interjects "No.  They're puppets luv.  Put your coat on".  Talk about Buzz Kill.

(in reply to jrewing1000)
Post #: 24
good fun - 19/2/2012 9:38:11 PM   
bretty

(By the way Empire it is WALTER not Gary that is "the Muppets biggest fan")
Nostalgic, witty and not just for kids. Entertaining stuff...

Post #: 25
Good Times - 21/2/2012 5:22:40 PM   
GrandmasterT

I saw the film a few hours ago and agree that it is fun and worth watching.

It's not perfect - I think that there were many obvious jokes, a REALLY slow start, some questionable musical numbers ("Me Party") and perhaps an over-reliance on "Quick Fixes" (montages, travel by map) - but on the whole, this was a worthy addition.
The parts with Jack Black were particularly funny, as well as the "Man or Muppet" number, and there are great performances from the supporting cast, as well as the Muppets themselves.

In a nutshell, it's far from perfect but it's all good hearted and stays loyal to what we love about the Muppets.

Post #: 26
Decent flick- quite funny and nice to see the little pu... - 21/2/2012 8:19:23 PM   
lewisb548

The muppets started off around the early 70's and have etched themselves in my brain and my heart ever since- the muppets always had a way of appealing to the young kid inside of me aswell as the mature film goer I become when I shove on a really serious movie, the truth is the muppets haven't had a good film since 1992 with the muppet christmas carol- Jim Henson the most famous 'muppeteer' and creator of the muppets had previously worked on Sesame Street in 1969 before he thought that instead of being known as a kids entertainer and mastermind of muppets- he wanted to be the sort of guy who created a show that appealed to both kids and adults. This movie does just that and is far better than the last 'escapade the muppets were in back in 1999 with the easily forgettable 'Muppets from space' that made a vain attempt at expanding the character of Gonzo the great, and giving him a newfound humanity- bollocks- that movie fucking sucked- this on the other hand is a good laugh.
Aside from a few crappy direct-to DVD cheapies we haven't seen the muppets in a while as they've been enjoying their time in the limelight but know they are thrust back into the spotlight to make us happy once again- in fairness this wasn't exactly a box office hit here in britain but back in november last year this came out in america but I resisted my temptation and didn't watch this online because I wanted to watch it on the big screen.
Theres a good few people who hate the muppets calling them scary and disturbing yet these people are the utter arseholes I reluctantly put up with at high school.
But lets forget about them because the muppets are ultimately the stars of the show- or are they? In this case they kind of are but kind of aren't.
Jason Segel best known for his appearances in various comedy films and how I met your mother, writes and stars in this because he has stated with great enthusiasm he is a huge muppet fan but the truth is he and Nicholas stoller the people responsible for bringing us forgetting sarah marshall and get him to the greek- with this film they take a different route and rather than being foul mouthed and rude this time they go for heart warming and sweet. The muppets is a decent flick mainly because it goes back to it's routes like every sequel should but in a way this isn't exactly a sequel this is more of re-imagining.
This cant be called a sequel because the title is so simplistic 'the muppets' it feels like the slate has been wiped clean with this film and a new era of muppets has dawned on us the audience.
Jason Segel plays Gary who is a big muppet fan but his younger brother Walter is an even bigger muppet fan- the weird thing is- Walter is a muppet- the guy who voices him and moves him about in a muppet fashion is Peter Linz who has worked previously on Sesame Street- the thing about the muppets movie is that it doesn't take time to explain tiny little confusing bits in the story- the fact that Walter is a muppet is never really explained but this is a good thing because kids watching don't exactly want to hear details about Walter's ma' shagging a muppet and he being the offspring in some twisted pregnancy- but no this isn't the sort of thing you should pay attention too.
Walter and his brother Gary are huge muppet fans and Gary who has kind of moved on from the muppets and gotten a girlfriend Mary (a cute Amy Adams) but Walter on the other hand still holds onto his childhood memories of the muppets and because of this he has decided to visit the muppet studios in LA with his buddy Gary and the quietly reluctant Mary in tow- the sad thing about the muppets is there are so many hidden dillemmas in this kids movie- the main one being that Mary is kind of jealous of all the attention Walter gets from Gary but she keeps quiet about this mainly because is it wrong to dislike Walter just because he loves everything? No it is not right it is wrong fair enough but I see where Mary is coming from in a way her character starts of annoying and a little ugly but progresses into a sexy nice likeable character- now that is what you call character development.
The bad thing for this little trio is that by the time they reach the muppet studios they find the place abandoned and run down mainly because the muppets aren't really famous anynmore and now an evil oil baron (Chris Cooper) has decided to destroy the muppet studios and drill for oil- this isn't an entirely stupid idea because 20th century fox studios did have a lot of oil underneath it- but fox news showed most of that and if you look on you tube you can see the mupppets insulting fox news directly- funny shit man!!
Anyway the three try to reunite the muppets with the help of Kermit who is sad about his break up with Miss. Piggy and the disbanding of the muppets.
Miss.Piggy is now in paris, Gonzo is running a toilet company, Fozzie bear is singing in a crappy bar, Dr. Bunsen Honeydrew and his muppet lab rat beaker- weird head guy- are working at the hydron super collider in switzerland and to top it off.
And my personal favourite of the lot- Statler and Waldorf show up to talk shit about the muppets once again and to make a few fourth wall breaking jokes in the spirit of old muppet flavour I've grown to miss- but not just them make an appearance lots of other muppets show up also and so do lots of celebrities.
Neil Patrick Harris shows up briefly as does John Krasinski from the office, Dave Grohl shows up as does sarah silverman, Zack- (fat guy from hangover)- galifianakis and Selena Gomez, whoopi Goldberg- anyway theres lots of famous people and those of you who have seen the devil wears prada- unfortunate viewers like me will have seen this bright side in that crap movie- because Emily Blunt who channeled her bitchiness into a mean role in the film appears here sparking up the flame of bitchiness once again to make me laugh at the misfortune she causes.
The muppets are known for their musical numbers and in the case of music this movie has lots- theres a nice little warped version of the rainbow connection by Fozzie bear and theres a much nicer normal version of it aswell- life is a happy song is a song which really cheers you up in this film and to top it off Chris Cooper the villain of the film does a rap!
The rap just comes straight out of thin air though.
I told my friend about Coopers rap in the film- look below-

Me: All villains get the best songs.

Friend: Untrue.

(Shows friend song)

Me: See?
The best part is how the movie recognizes it as a Big Lipped Alligator Moment. The entire cast just kind of stands there frozen in pure "what the fuck?", and you can tell that everything that just happened is just as surreal and uncomfortable for them as it is for the audience. Its a great song and I have it on my I-pod but the full version of the song concludes with an opera singer telling of Tex Richmans (Chris Cooper) motive for hating the muppets but in the film the song was cut out short and his motive for being bad wasn't really explained and he was just shown as being an evil asshole when a little extra opera singing would have made all the difference.
To conclude out of all the celebrities- Jack Black stands out when he appears to have a lovely conversation with Animal during an anger management session- flight of the conchords veteran Kristen Schall shows up there- and Animal is now undergoing anger management but he is still hillarious as usual- Jack Black kind of gets kidnapped at one point and a twisted version of Nirvanas- smells like teen spirit- is sung by a muppet barber shop quartet and it kind of resembled a torture scene for Jack Black who was getting shaved against his will as he screams "Youre wrewning one of the greatest songs in the world!!!!"
True that Jackie, anyway to top it off the oscar nominated original song in this film is 'man or muppet' and its funny cool and awesome and deserves the oscar- and Jim Parsons- sheldon from the big bang theory shows up for some scene stealing and excellent lip sinking also.
Thats the review and jsut like all the muppet movies theres some touching scenes- bring some tissues to the cinema and some fucking food from home- it costs way too fucking much for a popcorn. 9/10 4 stars- good flick- kermit its good to see you back.

Post #: 27
RE: Decent flick- quite funny and nice to see the littl... - 22/2/2012 2:26:24 PM   
Qwerty Norris

There's no doubt whatsoever that Jason Segel's involvement has led to a Muppets film that is lovingly created and fully understands why they're endearing to so many people over many years. That said; that alone cannot constitute a flawless piece. The film may be called The Muppets; but in reality it should be called Walter. Now don't get me wrong; Walter is perfectly fine. His brother Gary, played by the aforementioned Segel is also perfectly fine. Gary's other half Mary played by Amy Adams is rather wonderful (but then again, Amy Adams always is - even in utter garbage like Leap Year). However; when I went to see a film called The Muppets, I was anticipating to watch a story or a film that is both about and is centred around....you guessed it...THE MUPPETS!

In reality, we don't get this. For sure; we get a good doze of Kermit, Fozzy, Ms Piggy & most of well-known henson creations that bring back happy moments of ones childhood. But in spite of what the title suggests, they are side characters within their own film - a situation that no Muppet feature from The Muppet Movie to Muppets In Space has really done before, certainly not to the extent this one does. Whilst I understand it's like this in order to tell its desired story, one however cannot feel they've been a little short-changed as a result.

Furthermore (and to back up a previous comment from another forum member), it's not quite as chaotic as you'd hope - one of the vital ingredients that made the Muppets such a joy in the first place. It has that kind of Disney shine to it which seems at times more pre-occupied promoting its own separate vehicles (Cars 2, Selena Gomez) than actually giving the Muppets the full reign they ought to deserve. They feel restrained far too often. There is nothing in this for example that ever matches in the complete mayhem entailed at the happiness hotel in the Great Muppet Caper (along with Christmas Carol - my absolute favourite feature of theirs) and that is pretty disappointing.

That said; it's still great to see the old gang back together, whilst Bret McKenzie's songs are magnificent - effortlessly channelling both the spirit of Flight Of The Conchords & the Muppets themselves . As previously mentioned, it's nowhere near as focused on the main draw as you'd like and it isn't as mad as you want it to be. But even the most cold-hearted & cynical-minded of us will struggle to maintain a stoney exterior throughout.
3/5

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to lewisb548)
Post #: 28
- 23/2/2012 11:18:10 PM   
TheGodfather

A Muppets film the way we see The Muppets as we love them: in a nice little predictable story with lots of humor, great songs and cool cameos.
It was such a joy to see all of them up there on the big screen. I thouroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. You really have to be a sourpuss to not leave the multiplex with the a smile from ear to ear.

8,0/10

Post #: 29
The Muppets Review - 11/3/2012 2:31:12 PM   
DaleLawson

Having only seen two Muppet movies prior to this I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. It does suffer some terrible use of CGI and it is 20 minutes too long. These faults aside, this movie was fantastic. A basic narrative driven by Kermit, Miss Piggy and the newly introduced character of Walter help push the Muppets back into the hearts and minds of audiences throughout the world. My prediction still stands, keep your eyes open for another Muppet movie or the return of The Muppet Show.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Muppets Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI