Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jane Levy Will Battle The Evil Dead

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jane Levy Will Battle The Evil Dead Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jane Levy Will Battle The Evil Dead - 5/2/2012 3:02:40 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Why the fuck not! - 5/2/2012 3:02:40 AM   
bobson13

This movie seems to be doing everything right. Its not recasting the role of Ash nor is it diverging wildly from the original premise. So my question is why the fuck shouldn't they make this movie? It could be good and if not then who gives a shit? Nightmare on elm street, Friday 13th and Halloween all have one thing in common, the quality of the remake had no effect whatsoever on the quality of the original.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
PLEASE NO!!! - 5/2/2012 10:50:33 AM   
dannyfletch

This is not doing anything right! A re-make of such an iconic low budget classic horror is such a bad idea, especially with this shitty idea they have with some dreary woman taking the place of Ash and this crappy drug overdose idea is terrible. Please burn this idea now!!!

Post #: 3
grrrr - 5/2/2012 12:01:46 PM   
7eke

noooo lol

< Message edited by 7eke -- 5/2/2012 12:04:16 PM >

Post #: 4
well said bobson - 5/2/2012 12:02:10 PM   
7eke

If they want to remake so-called classics and cult hits so fucking what.......you may end up with another cracking film like the one you love thats got better effects and isnt dated, then again it will probably be shit........but so fucking what. what difference does it make. everytime a remake is anounced the first 10 comments are NOOOOOOOOO PLS LEAVE THIS CLASSIC ALONE. Grow the fuck up

Post #: 5
"I'll swallow your soul" "Swallow THIS!&... - 5/2/2012 8:58:38 PM   
BenTramer

Sure the original Evil Dead movies were made on a shoestring but a big budget doesn't necessarily equal a great film. You're forced to use your imagination more when you can't splurge on CGI.

Post #: 6
RE: well said bobson - 5/2/2012 9:32:32 PM   
dannyfletch

Grow the fuck up??? Who the fuck are you? I think you'll find that what made The Evil Dead are the ropey special effects, we love em! I think you'll find that most of these remakes are pointless and all we are saying is why try and fix what isn't broken! Surely there must be new/different ideas they can come up with rather then more pointless remakes?

(in reply to 7eke)
Post #: 7
RE: Jane Levy Will Battle The Evil Dead - 5/2/2012 11:01:30 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: 7eke

If they want to remake so-called classics and cult hits so fucking what.......you may end up with another cracking film like the one you love thats got better effects and isnt dated, then again it will probably be shit........but so fucking what. what difference does it make. everytime a remake is anounced the first 10 comments are NOOOOOOOOO PLS LEAVE THIS CLASSIC ALONE. Grow the fuck up

I agree with your post up to a certain point, but I wouldn't tell people to "grow the fuck up".

You're right, it doesn't make a difference. Will the original Evil Dead be any less good if it was to be remade? No. It's impossible to ruin a well regarded, classic film with a bad remake or sequel.

Let Raimi go ahead with his Evil Dead remake. If it turns out shitty, we will always have the first two good films.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 5/2/2012 11:05:15 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to 7eke)
Post #: 8
? - 6/2/2012 1:48:18 PM   
davidjthomson

Sounds like an interesting premise, just a shame that they've made a rod for their own back by calling it "Evil Dead".

Post #: 9
? - 6/2/2012 1:48:24 PM   
davidjthomson

Sounds like an interesting premise, just a shame that they've made a rod for their own back by calling it "Evil Dead".

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jane Levy Will Battle The Evil Dead Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI