He Was A Quiet Man

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> He Was A Quiet Man Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
He Was A Quiet Man - 3/2/2012 2:21:06 AM   
SilentJoe13

One of the tragic and all too common incidents to happen in America is when someone, for some reason or another, decides to get a gun, go to their office, and shoot up the place. This kind of incident is the basis for the film He Was A Quiet Man. It's about Bob, a "quiet man" played by Christian Slater, who is alienated from and constantly bullied by his colleagues at the office. He decides to take a gun and shoot up the place until someone "beats him to the punch" to say the least. After shooting the gunman himself, Bob unwittingly becomes a hero to the public. This film tackles a quite controversial subject quite well in my opinion. Christian Slater gives the best performance he's given since True Romance and is transformed to the point you forget you're watching an actor. You also get a really good performance from William H. Macy and a surprisingly well done performance from Elisha Cuthbert, who proves she can go to wide range as an actress. The blends compelling tragedy with black comedy in a way thats both touching and witty. The director, Frank A. Coppola, does a fine job creating such stunning visuals. What pulls this down is a third act that tries to cram everything into such little time and what boils down to flat ending. I think more could have been done with the ending instead of telling you what we all already know, which is that being alienated in today's society can drive someone to the edge of insanity. Despite that, I'd recommend this for the film's compelling acting and compelling tale of a quiet man who is pulled to the depths of insanity.

4 out of 5 Stars

What did you think of this film?
Post #: 1
RE: He Was A Quiet Man - 3/2/2012 9:09:32 AM   
elab49

Hi Silentjoe

Can we ask that you check search for existing threads before posting please?

The review thread for the film is here

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1982255&mpage=1&key=quiet%2Cman&NID=135329#1982255

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to SilentJoe13)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> He Was A Quiet Man Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI