Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Who made this list?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Who made this list? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Who made this list? - 7/2/2012 5:15:28 PM   
oldwiseone

I have to say I agree with you, or at least in part. My take on it is that this list has been compiled by both men and women but resolutely film geek ones, which is unsurprising considering it's an Empire online poll. This isn't necessarily a criticism, I'm something of a film geek myself (female) and can see the attraction of a lot of the picks here (both modern ones like Thor and golden oldies like Don Lockwood). Having said that, if this list was compiled by any other forum, I'm pretty positive that 'ordinary' women would NEVER omit Johnny Castle from the list, nor Maverick for that matter...

(in reply to fanboi214)
Post #: 61
Agree - 7/2/2012 7:45:03 PM   
Charlotteknowsfilms

I agree with an earlier comment - no matter how weird, Patrick Bateman was one stunning man

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
Aragorn! - 8/2/2012 2:39:14 AM   
Mithol

My first real crush! I approve. Batman is way too high up. Not sexy at all.

And you should seriously get new editors. It is NOT raining at the end of Casablanca.

And marital rape is NOT generally considered hot by most women.

Post #: 63
the mcmanus brothers - 8/2/2012 6:01:19 AM   
spastikbandanna

Could you leave out the boondock saints!? I partial to Conner but they're both dead sexy!

Post #: 64
Marlon Brando!! Paul Newman!! - 8/2/2012 2:27:30 PM   
Fanboyslayer

Oh come on I know Stanley from Streetcar is an utter bastard by my goodness he's a dazingly beautiful one. How can Brando not be in that list and then not only that No Cool Hand Luke. Come on people look at that face not to mention what a bloody cool character the clues in the title. Loki really tops these guys. No, no. no.

Post #: 65
- 11/2/2012 2:14:01 AM   
drowningbarbie

Brandon Lee in The Crow!! I used to have a poster of that character above my bed. Sweet dreams...! I have to say that Jack Dawson really isn't sexy, only kinda cute. And Rhett Butler was way sexier in the book.

Post #: 66
Bane - 15/2/2012 7:05:04 PM   
Rouski

Bane! My vote is going to Bane! Is it just me who thinks he should have topped this poll?

Post #: 67
Who the hell compiled this list? - 17/2/2012 6:00:50 PM   
mrsvachs

Post #: 68
- 17/2/2012 6:03:49 PM   
mrsvachs

The guys get mostly contemporary hotties, yet we ladies are expected to make do with the long-dead from black and white films, and Gollum--GOLLUM??? If Gollum were female and looked the same, "she"d be nowhere on the list for men.
What about Mark Strong as Lord Blackwood? Hell, what about Mark Strong in ANYTHING? At least Robert Downey Jr was on here, twice, and Hugh Jackman... Otherwise, very very slim pickings, here. Waste of my time.

Post #: 69
What about Sebastian Valmont? - 17/2/2012 8:11:48 PM   
carolinedevoecht

So, where is Cruel Intentions' Sebastian in this list? Come on, don't we all love bad boys gone good? I loved how he got from sex-obsessed asshole to thoughtful sweetheart because he fell in love with a goody-two-shoes! Oh and Superman, where is he? Come on: rescues you all the time, can take you for a city fly-over on a date, has the weight of the world on him, hot outfit... Yes please! And 10 things I hate about you's Patrick Verona? Bit of a bad boy, funny, romantic, very interesting... Just chuck Gollum and James Bond (who HASN'T that guy slept with??) out. And Batman, he can be such an ass sometimes.

Post #: 70
Loki is my number 1 - 20/2/2012 4:48:31 AM   
Lowkeycat

This keeps invading my dreams.

Post #: 71
whoa whoa whoa! - 20/2/2012 11:32:12 AM   
alexmaccatron

Some serious hits and misses there, not to mention some forgotten. Fassbender's Magneto undoubtedly, Patrick Bateman (i stopped caring about the psychotic-ness issue when he started doing stomach crunches and he was lathered up in the shower), Brandon Routh as Superman was pretty smoking and adorable too, Robbie Turner from Atonement (never before has a library been so steamy) and yeah Paul Newman as Butch Cassidy *swoon* those eyes.
Captain Mal Reynolds is sex on a stick and must move up that list, probably too obscure for some :( watch it (and Firefly)!!!
And I'm sorry, Gollum was a waste of a space, as was Sparkly Mr. Cullen yeuck!

Post #: 72
- 2/3/2012 7:51:34 PM   
RufusRay

King Leonidas, Hawkeye (Last of the Mohicans), Kyle Reese, Martin Riggs, Dracula (at least the Gary Oldman version)

Post #: 73
Hmmmm some strange choices - 10/3/2012 8:00:10 AM   
isabird

Have to agree with a few on there, Aragorn, Mal Reynolds, Han Solo, Captain Jack, Rick Blaine, Tyler Durden, Thor and the Driver all get my vote. But Gollum? EDWARD CULLEN? Waste of space! I would have added The Dude (always had a strange obsession with Jeff Bridges), Marv from Sin City, Clooney in From Dusk Til Dawn, Al Pacino in the Godfather, Sirius Black, Ron Weasley and Hansel from Zoolander. EDWARD CULLEN? Who voted in this? 13 year old girls?!

Post #: 74
Who compiled this?! It wasn't the ladies.... - 18/3/2012 10:34:30 AM   
Miss_Sushi

Too many male geeks voting for what they think women should like or someone taking the pee. The men have a proper sexy list and we get bloody Gollum, Edward Cullen and Jack Dawson. My list (descending from 1) is: Mal Reynolds, Wolverine, Indiana Jones (Raiders), James Bond (Daniel Craig), Aragorn, Boromir, Maximus, Magneto (Fassbender), Vincent Corleone, Michael Corleone, Han Solo, Bud White, Legolas......

Post #: 75
There are some straaange choices on this list - 26/4/2012 2:51:13 PM   
cassandra67

Absolute, all-time, number 1 until the end of time has GOT to be Wolverine, even if it does mean edging out Aragorn.

Of all the Bonds, people are opting for Daniel Craig over Sean Connery??? I'm sorry, that man is quite homely. Honestly, I wouldn't have any of the Bonds on my list, nor Rick Blaine nor Rhett Butler, although I quite agree with Don Lockwood and Roger Thornhill's inclusion (could have been subbed with any of a number of characters played by Kelly and Grant, really).

Seeing Gollum on the list amused me, but I want NO part of sparkly so-called vampires. Vampires are supposed to be more Goth, less Emo, thank you very much.

The list of women made more sense over all.

Post #: 76
loki - 23/5/2012 7:54:41 AM   
bigbang

funny how Loki is ranked no.17 but his results votes are the highest with over 49 thousands vote,,the rest only have vote range from 1000-6000

Have Your Say
Should Loki be higher or lower on the list?
Higher

97%
Lower

3%
49,928 Votes Received

Post #: 77
Loki'd - 24/5/2012 6:36:32 PM   
JoJo62

I can't argue with Aragorn - fell in love with him when I read the book aged 15 and Viggo more than does him justice. But Loki should be much higher - at least swap him with Batman - nothing very appealing about him. I know Loki is a pyschopath but there is that hint of vulnerability and possible redeemability that makes him irresistable. Hiddleson is amazing! And, personally, I love the horned helmet!

Post #: 78
haha - 27/5/2012 4:43:49 PM   
trinitie11

Not being funny but you can tell a lot of men voted in this one.

Post #: 79
- 1/6/2012 2:33:01 PM   
SalanderFan87

Although I am very disappointed on Aragon being in the number one position, I think the men's list is a far better choice than the ladies i'm afraid. Great choice on Eames and The Driver.

Post #: 80
- 1/6/2012 2:35:29 PM   
SalanderFan87

On the other hand. Where's Brando's Stanley Kowolski from Streetcar?

Post #: 81
Loki should be number ! - 10/6/2012 4:57:00 AM   
Lostinlove

Tom Hiddleston should be WAAAAY higher on the list. Not only is he gorgeous,he is intelligent,witty,funny,and a great actor.He is also a genuinely nice person.as seen by his treatment of his fans.Did I mention GORGEOUS-those eyes,that mischevious smile,makes me forget my own name.There's something about him dressed as Loki that makes you want to turn bad and move on over to the darkside serving him as your ruler.That makes you want to work hard to make sure the Avengers fail,and Loki gets his respect.There's also that childlike sense of abandonment and hurt in his eyes that make you want to hold him and assure him that all is well. Of course,then I would have to be mischevious,and ask what he is wearing under that cape,Lol.Loki is the total package,and should be higher,sorry.

Post #: 82
Get Loki higher! - 2/7/2012 10:00:33 PM   
_snow_

Edward Cullen is higher than LOKI? Come on, Pattinson might have a pretty face but there´s nothing sexy about him whileTom Hiddleston is the impersonation of pure hotness.

Post #: 83
- 15/7/2012 8:23:28 PM   
KatherineIrys

Gollum? Do not tell me Gollum is above Loki and Tony Stark and Sherlock Holmes? What on Earth is wrong with you?

Post #: 84
LOKI is the sexiest! no doubt about it. - 16/7/2012 5:52:43 AM   
anya_a

I love how loki's the only one who has almost 100% of the voters asking for him to be higher on the list.
LOKI"S THE BEST !!!!

Post #: 85
- 16/7/2012 7:13:06 AM   
MaryNekoH

97% Higher LOKI # 1

Post #: 86
Skarlett - 16/7/2012 11:08:26 AM   
Skarlett

Loki is the sexiest! This beautiful! Awesome!
These freaks him not competitors!
Tom Hiddleston talented actor and he handed over his sexuality Loki!
Loki, or Edward Cullen? Loki or Thor?
Loki!! Loki walking sex! Much better than them! ALL!

Post #: 87
LOKI IS THE SEXIEST!!! - 16/7/2012 3:56:05 PM   
giuliaechelon

97% AHAHAHAHAH

But Capitain America deserves to be here too

Post #: 88
LOKI IS THE SEXIEST!!! - 16/7/2012 4:01:44 PM   
giuliaechelon

97% AHAHAHAHAH

Post #: 89
LOKI IS THE SEXIEST!!! - 16/7/2012 4:29:40 PM   
giuliaechelon

97% AHAHAHAHAH

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Who made this list? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI